Publix Customer Service Staff Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

1.6

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in August 2008.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to come in for an interview a couple weeks later. They asked all the basic questions: why do you want to work here? what does customer service mean to you? etc. They then administered the drug test and scheduled my first day of training. Easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied at an in-store kiosk and was called in for my first interview approximately three weeks later. I was told that I would have a second interview in a week at most. However, my second interview did not come for another 6 weeks. Immediately after, I did a drug test that was supposed to return the results in 3-5 business days. I was not called back for another five weeks, at which time I was told to come in the next day to do paperwork and be given a schedule for training in two days.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked to elaborate the experiences I had on my resume, in both interviews. THen I spoke very casually with the manager for about 30 mins.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Ocala, FL).

Interview

If you' re seeking an entry level position and you get called in for an interview you are almost guaranteed a position. I had my interview with the store manager and it lasted about 10 minutes. He asked very general questions about my experience with people and working as a team and at the end of the interview offered me a position. I was then issued an employee handbook and drug tested via mouth swab. A few days later I had my orientation which lasted I think a little more than four hours and they give you a half sub, chips, and a drink halfway through. About a week later I had training in my store which lasted about six to eight hours.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions I was given were fairly simple and straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview wasn't particularly difficult at all. Getting a job at Publix, unfortunately, is based more on the people you happen to know and not actual credentials. Be punctual though, as retail positions rely on punctuality.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in August 2010.

Interview

Special circumstance

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix in May 2010.

Interview

ASM came to me at my location of employment, offering a position. Applied and interviewed within 2 days. Interview was a few minimal questions, as the application process is a glorified personality test, exploring every facet of your personality, including work ethic, retention likelihood, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't an option.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very short and unprofessional. I was asked ridiculous questions. They did a lot of my important information over the phone which resulted in another easy pointless interview. They hire anyone and anyone as long as you can pass a drug test

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be an animal, what would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Apply on one of the Publix computers located outside some stores in where your application process goes fast that if you apply from a different source. First you receive a call from the Manager of the Customer Service to schedule a personal interview on the store. Your interview is conducted in the store with the assessor of the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose Publix to work?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what makes Publix different from other stores?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deltona, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Deltona, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

I applied in store and later called for interview. The interview was conducted by the assistant store manager. He asked very basic questions. He was mostly interested in my attitude towards helping customers. A drug test was administered. I was hired as a part time bagger and within six months I was promoted to customer service staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Applied at kiosk in store, received a call back 2 weeks later. First interview was with the assistant manager and it was very relaxed; more of a "get to know you" type interview. They did ask about my previous customer service experience, and also to tell them about a time that I dealt with an upset customer and what did I do about to handle the situation. Was told during the first interview that they liked me and they would call me the next day for a second interview with the store manager. As expected, they called the next day to schedule the second interview. This interview took place 4 days after the first. The manager asked me what I know about Publix and then proceeded to explain the origins of the company to me (I honestly had not researched that question). The interview was again very relaxed and the manager explained how there's a lot of opportunity to advance within Publix. No unexpected questions. I feel like, as in the first interview, they were trying to get a feel for who you are as a person. Was called the next day with an offer for full-time employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly pay.