Publix

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Florence, AL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Publix in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired in when a new store was opening. They were having a job fair in my town. If that is the situation go EARLY. While you are there get to know some of the people who are there for Publix. Talk it up and hope your application get put in the stack that they will actually go thru. Later found out that only a fraction of the application were looked at. Only went to one interview. Same usual questions you get asked: what's your long term plans, what can you do to make Publix a better place to shop and work for.

Interview Question – I was interviewing for the deli and was asked if I like to cook.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them what I had to have to leave my current job. Asked if I would take a .50 cut but I would get it back in 3 months. However, Publix had just cut out the 3 month raises so I went to the GM of the store I was training and explained what had happened. I was given my .50 back.

Very Easy Interview

Weston, FL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in store at the Job Application Center. I got a call (on a Sunday) about a week after I submitted my application where an interview was set up for that Wednesday. The customer service manager conducted my interview, along with a deli manager who came in for part of it, since I would be working in the deli. However, the process was not much of an interview. After briefly talking about myself for less than five minutes, I was basically told I had the job. The rest of the process involved explaining some of the responsibilities I would have, filling out paperwork, and taking the saliva drug test.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The only statement I had to respond to was "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Kissimmee, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in August 2009.

Interview Details – The main issue they were concerned with was availablity because the hours can vary greatly. There is a personality assessment before you speak with someone and you must pass a drug test before you can start.

Interview Question – The personality assessment was the most difficult part of the interview, as these questions can be very tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Panama City Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in December 2009.

Interview Details – I started working for them in Panama City Beach, Fl after attending a job fair. Met the store manager, and started with a brand new store (#1105) and since then, I haven't worked. I haven't found a store like Publix, and I moved to NC, TX, and CA

Interview Question – To what extent would you go to please a crappy customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Want to start anew with an old company? Customer service is our specialty.

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – I was hired as a deli associate for an internship with my school so for the most part I was interviewed differently than a person who was not interviewed for a non paid internship position. My interview was with the Assistant Deli Manager and then the Deli Manager and then the final was the Store Manager.

Interview Question – Availability   Answer Question

Stuart, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was quick. I applied in my local store, and was called 2 days later by the Deli Manager at the Downtown Store, who scheduled me for interview the following day. I interviewed, Drug Tested and my background was checked all in one day, and I received an Offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Publix ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes.

Deli Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in January 2012.

Interview Details – I walked into a Publix Store and filled out a job application at the online job centre,two weeks later i was invited for an interview at another location.It was a group interview with the Store Manager and the manager in charge of the store where i will be assigned.Interview questions consisted of previous work experience, educational Background and questions to see if iam a fit for the job.I was offered the job immediately. Generally both managers were friendly and courteous.

Interview Question – Why do you want to workin publix ?   Answer Question

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!