Publix

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.0

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Deli Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix in November 2014.

I applied at the kiosk a few days ago and received the call today for an interview. It was about 2pm and the manager asked me to come in later tonight around 7pm if possible. I went and the manager was very nice. He took me to his office and began the questions. The interview took about 30 minutes and I was hired on the spot. I go in tomorrow for the drug test and should be doing orientations in the middle of next week after the tests come back. I'm very excited!

Interview Questions
  • Why you want to work here, what you know about the deli dept., strengths/weaknesses you have, went over my app and what my goals were 2 years and 10 years from now, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Deli Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Kiosk computer application. Called back within two weeks. Brief interview with basic questions suck as "Why do you want to work for this company?". They stressed the conservative look of the store and how old and reputable the company is. They seriously love to talk about the founder.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you were honest?   View Answer
    Minimum wage. A lot of people apply so they aren't looking to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix in February 2014.

I applied in store at the Job Application Center. I got a call (on a Sunday) about a week after I submitted my application where an interview was set up for that Wednesday. The customer service manager conducted my interview, along with a deli manager who came in for part of it, since I would be working in the deli. However, the process was not much of an interview. After briefly talking about myself for less than five minutes, I was basically told I had the job. The rest of the process involved explaining some of the responsibilities I would have, filling out paperwork, and taking the saliva drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The only statement I had to respond to was "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix in October 2013.

I was hired in when a new store was opening. They were having a job fair in my town. If that is the situation go EARLY. While you are there get to know some of the people who are there for Publix. Talk it up and hope your application get put in the stack that they will actually go thru. Later found out that only a fraction of the application were looked at. Only went to one interview. Same usual questions you get asked: what's your long term plans, what can you do to make Publix a better place to shop and work for.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing for the deli and was asked if I like to cook.   View Answer
    I told them what I had to have to leave my current job. Asked if I would take a .50 cut but I would get it back in 3 months. However, Publix had just cut out the 3 month raises so I went to the GM of the store I was training and explained what had happened. I was given my .50 back.

Deli Associate Interview

I was hired as a deli associate for an internship with my school so for the most part I was interviewed differently than a person who was not interviewed for a non paid internship position. My interview was with the Assistant Deli Manager and then the Deli Manager and then the final was the Store Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix in March 2010.

It was quick. I applied in my local store, and was called 2 days later by the Deli Manager at the Downtown Store, who scheduled me for interview the following day. I interviewed, Drug Tested and my background was checked all in one day, and I received an Offer which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix in December 2009.

I started working for them in Panama City Beach, Fl after attending a job fair. Met the store manager, and started with a brand new store (#1105) and since then, I haven't worked. I haven't found a store like Publix, and I moved to NC, TX, and CA

Interview Questions
    • To what extent would you go to please a crappy customer?   Answer Question
    Want to start anew with an old company? Customer service is our specialty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix in August 2009.

The main issue they were concerned with was availablity because the hours can vary greatly. There is a personality assessment before you speak with someone and you must pass a drug test before you can start.

Interview Questions
    • The personality assessment was the most difficult part of the interview, as these questions can be very tricky.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Deli Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix in January 2012.

I walked into a Publix Store and filled out a job application at the online job centre,two weeks later i was invited for an interview at another location.It was a group interview with the Store Manager and the manager in charge of the store where i will be assigned.Interview questions consisted of previous work experience, educational Background and questions to see if iam a fit for the job.I was offered the job immediately. Generally both managers were friendly and courteous.