Publix Deli Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview with store manager took 6 minutes. However, I have extensive food background in deli, restaurant, and food warehouse management. Store Manager spent most of the time promoting Publix company culture, benefits, and advancement opportunities. Plans to open 80+ stores in next year! Manager was very professional and personable. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked of me was "what do I like to do in my spare time?'   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal, pleasant interview with the Deli Manager and the Deli Assistant Manager we discussed hours, wages, uniforms, training, start date, etc. I will have a hiring decision with 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind fast-paced work, Part time hours   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix in November 2014.

Interview

I applied at the kiosk a few days ago and received the call today for an interview. It was about 2pm and the manager asked me to come in later tonight around 7pm if possible. I went and the manager was very nice. He took me to his office and began the questions. The interview took about 30 minutes and I was hired on the spot. I go in tomorrow for the drug test and should be doing orientations in the middle of next week after the tests come back. I'm very excited!

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here, what you know about the deli dept., strengths/weaknesses you have, went over my app and what my goals were 2 years and 10 years from now, etc.   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Kiosk computer application. Called back within two weeks. Brief interview with basic questions suck as "Why do you want to work for this company?". They stressed the conservative look of the store and how old and reputable the company is. They seriously love to talk about the founder.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were honest?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimum wage. A lot of people apply so they aren't looking to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Weston, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied in store at the Job Application Center. I got a call (on a Sunday) about a week after I submitted my application where an interview was set up for that Wednesday. The customer service manager conducted my interview, along with a deli manager who came in for part of it, since I would be working in the deli. However, the process was not much of an interview. After briefly talking about myself for less than five minutes, I was basically told I had the job. The rest of the process involved explaining some of the responsibilities I would have, filling out paperwork, and taking the saliva drug test.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The only statement I had to respond to was "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Florence, AL) in October 2013.

Interview

I was hired in when a new store was opening. They were having a job fair in my town. If that is the situation go EARLY. While you are there get to know some of the people who are there for Publix. Talk it up and hope your application get put in the stack that they will actually go thru. Later found out that only a fraction of the application were looked at. Only went to one interview. Same usual questions you get asked: what's your long term plans, what can you do to make Publix a better place to shop and work for.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewing for the deli and was asked if I like to cook.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what I had to have to leave my current job. Asked if I would take a .50 cut but I would get it back in 3 months. However, Publix had just cut out the 3 month raises so I went to the GM of the store I was training and explained what had happened. I was given my .50 back.

Deli Associate Interview

Interview

I was hired as a deli associate for an internship with my school so for the most part I was interviewed differently than a person who was not interviewed for a non paid internship position. My interview was with the Assistant Deli Manager and then the Deli Manager and then the final was the Store Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I submitted an application in a store and received a call within 3 days for an interview. I came in for 1 interview where I was asked about my experience from a prior employer.

Interview Questions

• How long are you planning to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation for what I made. I was started at the standard starting hourly wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Stuart, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

It was quick. I applied in my local store, and was called 2 days later by the Deli Manager at the Downtown Store, who scheduled me for interview the following day. I interviewed, Drug Tested and my background was checked all in one day, and I received an Offer which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Panama City Beach, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

I started working for them in Panama City Beach, Fl after attending a job fair. Met the store manager, and started with a brand new store (#1105) and since then, I haven't worked. I haven't found a store like Publix, and I moved to NC, TX, and CA

Interview Questions

• To what extent would you go to please a crappy customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Want to start anew with an old company? Customer service is our specialty.