Publix Deli Clerk Interview Questions & Reviews

18 interviews

1.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Deli Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in May 2012.

The interview gave me a lot of promise for this job. I received many recommendations for this job, and the store manager (along with other associates) made it sound like the best place to work.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in November 2011.

It was really interesting because I had no experience in food service at all but after a brief interview, was asked to do the drug test right then and attend the orientation. The interviewer commented that I seem to have no problem smiling (I would like to think that helped in his decision to hire me.)

Deli Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in May 2014.

1st interview was a simple one. Was asked, Why do u want to work here? What made you switch from an office job. Was pretty easy. No unexpected questions. 2nd was an interview with the Manager. Spoke with him for about an hour. Again, pretty easy. Then was called for pre orientation. Which was basically paper work and a drug test. And then was Orientation. Which was a day of training about history etc. Number of videos. And they also provided lunch.

No negotiation!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in August 2012.

They offered me an interview via phone. I was sitting down for my interview two days following. They did an oral drug test on the spot. A week later after I passed my drug test and background check, I attended a two day long paid training course with meals included.

They asked me about my previous work experience, what I did and did not like about my current job, and why I applied.

Interview Questions
    There was no need for me to negotiate pay. Nearly two dollars above minimum wage sounded great to me and was far more than what I was currently being paid. I took the bait and ran.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in July 2010.

You take a drug swab right there in store, then wait a week to get setup for orientation. Interview process is very informal with the store manager and department manager. Orientation is fun, but isn't what the company is really about. (Only the history of the company.) They will issue you shirts and aprons, but it's up to you to find pants and shoes. Some of the things not covered well enough are the 401k plan, medical benefits.

Interview Questions
    Very simple. They tell you what they're paying you and you accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix in March 2014.

For the location I worked for the store manager hires all employees for every department. I was warned that the customer base was demanding and that the employee base was diverse.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Publix.

The application has to be filled out in the store, once that is done, expect to get a phone call within the next two weeks. Associates normally have to complete to in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "What are your weaknesses" - This was my first time being asked this in an interview.   View Answer
    Wasn't really able to negotiate. I didn't have much kitchen experience so they gave me the starting salary. Kitchen experience, customer service certifications, etc. are very good and will give you leverage in negotiating your hourly rate

Deli Clerk Interview

Initial communication email, two interviews

Deli Clerk Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Publix in May 2013.

I was called and scheduled for an interview the same day. I was asked pretty basic questions. Try to have all your work credentials available. Once they make a decision they move pretty fast.

Deli Clerk Interview

Applied instore and revived a phone call a week later. Interview was done at a local store with the Store manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve a conflict with another team memeber   Answer Question

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!