Publix

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Deli Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – did not ask alot of open ended questions just got to know me and tried to see what worked best for me at this time. very helpful told me to come see him if my hbours were not enough has sttod by his request

Interview Question – he asked me where i lived only unexpected cause i wasnt sure why he wanted to know but understood after what i put on my application   Answer Question

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – It was easy for me to get into Publix because I already had a sister who worked there, and managers are more likely to call you if you're recommended by a current associate. The interview process was very simple - probably no more than 20 minutes. They told me about the job specifics, asked me why I was leaving my current job, etc.

Interview Question – The manager gave me a list of skills and asked me which one i thought was the most important. I chose "Customer Service skills" (which was the right answer) because Publix values customer service over everything.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – Applied instore and revived a phone call a week later. Interview was done at a local store with the Store manager.

Interview Question – How would you resolve a conflict with another team memeber   Answer Question

Interview Details – Initial communication email, two interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about your people experience.   View Answer

Canton, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in July 2010.

Interview Details – You take a drug swab right there in store, then wait a week to get setup for orientation. Interview process is very informal with the store manager and department manager. Orientation is fun, but isn't what the company is really about. (Only the history of the company.) They will issue you shirts and aprons, but it's up to you to find pants and shoes. Some of the things not covered well enough are the 401k plan, medical benefits.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Publix?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple. They tell you what they're paying you and you accept.

Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in August 2012.

Interview Details – They offered me an interview via phone. I was sitting down for my interview two days following. They did an oral drug test on the spot. A week later after I passed my drug test and background check, I attended a two day long paid training course with meals included.

They asked me about my previous work experience, what I did and did not like about my current job, and why I applied.

Interview Question – Very simple cut and dry interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need for me to negotiate pay. Nearly two dollars above minimum wage sounded great to me and was far more than what I was currently being paid. I took the bait and ran.

Deli Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1st interview was a simple one. Was asked, Why do u want to work here? What made you switch from an office job. Was pretty easy. No unexpected questions. 2nd was an interview with the Manager. Spoke with him for about an hour. Again, pretty easy. Then was called for pre orientation. Which was basically paper work and a drug test. And then was Orientation. Which was a day of training about history etc. Number of videos. And they also provided lunch.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation!!!

Deli Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Publix in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was called and scheduled for an interview the same day. I was asked pretty basic questions. Try to have all your work credentials available. Once they make a decision they move pretty fast.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Auburn, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in June 2011.

Interview Details – The process for the interview at Publix was very straight forward and was only difficult if putting the drug testing strip in you mouth is hard to do. I was given some very basic questions to answer regarding my resume and I was done. Very painless process.

Interview Question – I think maybe the how much would you like to make question is the difficult one because it is hard to try and not sound greedy as it is just a grocery store.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in September 2008.

Interview Details – filled out application. Manager called for a face to face interview. Took approx 5 mins accepted the position

Interview Question – what hours are you available to work   View Answer

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!