Publix

Very Difficult Interview

Deli Manager Interview

Deli Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in July 2008.

Interview Details – After taking time out from my vacation,I took an impromptu interview witha store manager,for Publix,in Orlando.The initial discussion,was rude,unprofessional,and completely insulting!I informed the manager that I had 20 years of experience,to wit he responded"we want you to come in,SHUT UP,and kind of blend in to the background,we don't want you acting like you're better than anyone else!"
  If you don't expect excellence out of your employees,you can't get excellence out of your employees!He proceede to further insult me by offering me $8.00 an hour to start,and only part time hours!!
  I have almost completely closed the door on any further interaction with the company,and would need a remarkably good interview process to counter this horrible one!

Interview Question – What pay scale would you be looking for?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Insulted by the lack of respect for the body of my work,my experience,and the salary offer was a joke!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Publix

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix Deli Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees and interview candidates.