Publix Front Service Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Cape Coral, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called approximately two weeks after submitting my application via the kiosk in the front of a different store. I scheduled an interview with them the following week, which only took 15 minutes not including the time to drive there. The first interview was a rather open ended affair: I was asked descriptive questions about myself rather than situational questions like on the kiosk. After two days I was called again to come in for the follow up interview later that day. This second interview was essentially just the saliva test and filling out paperwork, while also allowing them to make copies of my drivers license and social security card for their records. I was offered the position and was told I would be called within the next week to inform me of my test results and to schedule my training on the nearest Saturday available. I believe I'll be called today according to the Team Leader's approximation, although I called yesterday for a progress report in order to show I was dedicated to the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy interview. Met with the manager, and he asked me about what I plan to do in the future. He took a call in the middle of the interview, but I didn't really mind. By the end of the interview, I was offered a position at minimum wage. They made me take a mouth swab drug test, and then they sent me to some pretty dreadful classes. After the classes though, I started working and getting trained right away. Overall, an easy experience for my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I sat with one of the customer service managers and the store managers and they asked me about myself and where I'd like to go in life. They told me again and again how good of a compnay it was and they examined my past work history and asked if I would quit my job to work here I said yes.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied. I received a pone call. I went into the store for a behavioral interview and they offered me the job right there. I was in high school, so I did not really negotiate anything more than minimum wage. I was only 15 years old. This was my first job. The interview was easy and it was worth it to get my first job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not bad!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Savannah, GA).

Interview

First step, come in and put the app in. Yes, in. You cannot take it online. It is very helpful to take full initiative, talk to a manager, introduce yourself, explain you'd love to work there, you're a fast learner and a hard worker with a flexible schedule. Be the person they want, make them enthusiastic about hiring you. Let them know your app is already in. You'll get a call for an interview. Then, post interview, a call for paperwork and a drug test (mouth swab test). You're in! Next is orientation, a day with other newly hired folks, a free lunch, and learning about the company. Application has MANY trick questions. If you're not going for a manager position, there are questions that are worded just to trick you as a employee under someone. Questions that you think they'd want you to take leadership in and make it sound like you'd be bothering the manager if you asked for help. But REALLY, you should always just choose the question that sounds like you're listening to your manager. If you think choosing "agree" rather than "strongly agree" is honest and appealing to the employer, you're wrong. If it sounds good, hit strongly agree. Sounds bad, hit strongly disagree.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, it was to tell her about myself. I stumbled all over my words, trying to think of what about me would make me appealing for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't even know my pay til I was hired, I never bothered to ask. Turned out when I logged into my employee profile, I was making $9/hr! Never needed to negotiate.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Applied using the computer in the store, takes around 20 minutes. Got a call around a week later, setting up an interview time. Came to the store and was interviewed by the CS Manager in her office, very casual and laid back. The interview only took 10 minutes at most.

Interview Questions

• Mostly simple behavior based questions, how would you handle an upset customer, what do you do if you see a coworker stealing, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, pretty cut and dry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Interview

Very easy interview process, don't even have to dress nice for the interview. Fist you fill out your application on the computer then they will call you back in about a week with an interview with the manager then you will be offered the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just basic questions that any can answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy interview, more of a conversation than an interview. Just basic questions and an overview of the position responsibilities, benefits, and scheduling. Questions such as: Why Publix? Tell me about yourself. Name a time when you experienced poor customer service. Name a time when you experienced exceptional customer service. Why should I hire you for this job?

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I was hired in 2005 and had a very brief one-on-one interview with the store manager. The questions were simple and the interview as a whole was non-threatening. The next day I received a call that I was accepted into the position.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything truly difficult. I was only about 16 at the time and this was my first job, so the only hard-hitting question was really, "How often can you work?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Very long time ago- was in high school and just looking for gas money. It turned into a great career in which I'm very proud of. I was looking for nights and weekends at the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered $3.35 per hour, and I accepted happily.