Publix Grocery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2014

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied at the in store kiosk and introduced myself to a manager. Told him I had just moved to Tennessee from Massachusetts and had 8 years of experience at Market Basket. He took down my name and number and called me back the next day for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Publix?   1 Answer
  • When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me they couldn't match my previous salary of $10.25, but I'd be up for a raise soon. So I accepted $9.50.

Apply in store, introduce yourself to a manager, be flexible with your availability.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Grocery Clerk Interview

Interview

We had to apply on a kiosk and where called in about 2 weeks later. They did a very quick interview in their office. Generally when they call you back you've got the job. Once I had the job we had to watch a bunch of safety videos and take a 6-8 hour course on a Sunday before we got the job.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Applied on the computer in the store, got a call about 3 weeks later. Had an interview the week after the call and it seemed to go well. Just basic questions were asked. I didnt hear anything back for about 3 or 4 weeks so i returned to the store and talked to the manager again and let him know i was still interested. He called me soon after to come in for a drug screening and set up the orientation. After the orientation i was told to go back to the store to set fill out paper work and what not and the manager said i was hired and i started about a week later. It seemed like it took forever to finally get hired.

Interview Questions

• I guess the most difficult for me (always) is "why i want to work for the company".   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

It was simple to go to Publix and applied for this positon, in just a few days they called me and even when I didn't took this call , send me a voice message, I got it and replied , gave me interview for that very day and was accepted , interviewr like to hear I'm willing to growth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very few questions. Just look clean and be articulate. Only a few questions regarding customer scenarios. The customer always comes first..

Interview Questions

• I can't remember exactly but the questions were scenarios involving customers. The customer always must leave happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation you start at 9 at this store. The hiring and wage usually depends on the store manager. I've seen people start at 11 an hour but this is the exception and almost everyone starts part time.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I filled out an application at one of their many in store computers. I was contacted less than a week later and set up an interview with the store manager. He was very friendly and asked very basic questions about my resume.

Negotiation

I was offered $8.50 based on experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairhope, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (Fairhope, AL).

Interview

Once I applied, It was two days before I received a call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After filling out an application, I spoke with the Store Manager and introduced myself, and I explained my background and skills. A few days later I got a phone call to come in and interview. The interview itself was quite simple, the job application that I filled out on the kiosk was referenced a few times and we discussed my skills and we talked about sports for a minute. After the interview was finished we shook hands and I left, and then a couple of days later I got a phone from the HR rep. saying that I beat out the three other candidates and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, the questions were pretty easy and straight forward. I was quizzed on some Publix history though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was offered a base rate that was slightly commensurated with the experience I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was actually pretty smooth and hardly felt like an interview. I was brought in to meet with the store manager, we sat down, went over how things ran in the grocery department (due to my prior grocery experience) and made some football references and that was it. Probably a 4 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Other than if I was willing to shave my beard, nothing.   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online at the first Publix store I worked at. The steps go like this.
    First you get a call asking if you are interested in the job still if so they set up an interview.
    Second you go to the interview they will ask you routine questions about the job you will be hired for as well as past experience. Third you will go through a drug screen and background check. And after that you're hired if everything checks out you are hired and start orientation.