Publix Grocery Clerk Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

1.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Grocery Clerk Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Publix.

Applied on the computer in the store, got a call about 3 weeks later. Had an interview the week after the call and it seemed to go well. Just basic questions were asked. I didnt hear anything back for about 3 or 4 weeks so i returned to the store and talked to the manager again and let him know i was still interested. He called me soon after to come in for a drug screening and set up the orientation. After the orientation i was told to go back to the store to set fill out paper work and what not and the manager said i was hired and i started about a week later. It seemed like it took forever to finally get hired.

Interview Questions
  • I guess the most difficult for me (always) is "why i want to work for the company".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Grocery Clerk Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

It was simple to go to Publix and applied for this positon, in just a few days they called me and even when I didn't took this call , send me a voice message, I got it and replied , gave me interview for that very day and was accepted , interviewr like to hear I'm willing to growth.

Grocery Clerk Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

It took over a month to get a call after filling in the application at the in-store kiosk.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation for a PT grocery clerk job. You get what they pay, no more, no less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in May 2009.

Very simple and not demanding. Extremely relaxed and easy

Interview Questions
    Fight for every penny up front

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Very few questions. Just look clean and be articulate. Only a few questions regarding customer scenarios. The customer always comes first..

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember exactly but the questions were scenarios involving customers. The customer always must leave happy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation you start at 9 at this store. The hiring and wage usually depends on the store manager. I've seen people start at 11 an hour but this is the exception and almost everyone starts part time.

Grocery Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix.

I filled out an application at one of their many in store computers. I was contacted less than a week later and set up an interview with the store manager. He was very friendly and asked very basic questions about my resume.

I was offered $8.50 based on experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairhope, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairhope, AL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix.

Once I applied, It was two days before I received a call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix.

After filling out an application, I spoke with the Store Manager and introduced myself, and I explained my background and skills. A few days later I got a phone call to come in and interview. The interview itself was quite simple, the job application that I filled out on the kiosk was referenced a few times and we discussed my skills and we talked about sports for a minute. After the interview was finished we shook hands and I left, and then a couple of days later I got a phone from the HR rep. saying that I beat out the three other candidates and I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, the questions were pretty easy and straight forward. I was quizzed on some Publix history though.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was offered a base rate that was slightly commensurated with the experience I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Publix in January 2008.

Interview on the in store job application center. Called in for a 1 on 1 interview by assistant store manager. Spoke for about 15 minutes and was offered a job which I accepted. Took a saliva drug test on the spot and was subject to a background check. After I was hired I had to attend a 2 day paid orientation class.

Interview Questions

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!