Publix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Grocery Replenishment Specialist Interview

Grocery Replenishment Specialist
Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in October 2011.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions are asked, along with a handful of scenario questions such as "What should you do if you witness theft?" similar to the questions in the application. The interview will take about 30-45 minutes (anything less is not a good sign). Be yourself during the interview, don't try and be a Publix know-it-all,or think that you know how the business works, it wont help you. Listen then answer don't interrupt the person interviewing you. Appearance is everything, wear casual business attire look professional but don't go over board with a three piece suit. Guys no facial hair at all, (beards, goatees,...) or long hair.

Interview Question – What do you tell a customer that brings back an item to exchange for a different kind, say a brand of milk that we don't sell at our store, but the competitor down the road, where they more than likely originally purchased it from does?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Depending on how many openings there are within the store, you maybe able to choose which department you would want to work in at the time of the offer.I had the option of deli, front end (bagging/cashier), or grocery. I chose grocery since the base pay was more than all the others, and advancement is "easier" to come by.
P.S-The likely hood of being hired on at full-time is extremely unlikely.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!