Publix Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.9

Food Demonstrator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied online and the store called me in for an interview. You'll most likely be asked questions by the store assistant manager along with the store manager. Upon the interview, you also get a tour of the store and it's environment to make a pleasant shopping experience for the customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you applied for the job. What are your strengths? What are your goals?   2 Answers

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Publix (Melbourne Beach, FL).

Interview

It was VERY hard for me to get interviewed. I applied (you must apply at a computer station in-store) and came in once a twice a week for two months before I got called in, and even then it was to another store that was a half hour away from my house. (Annoying, since I applied to a store within walking distance from my home with the intention of saving money by biking to work. Instead, I spent a good chunk of money on gas getting to and from my shifts.) Once I got the interview, though, it was a breeze. Unless you really bomb the interview or fail the drug test, you've pretty much got the job by that point. My interviewing manager was very pleasant to talk with and was kind about calming me down (it was my first interview and I was a *little* nervous), and he went through pretty standard questions. He asked me what position I was applying for, and when I explained that I had my heart set on the bakery he told me they didn't really have openings there. I said that I would be happy to work as a cashier or in another department until something opened up, and he asked if I would be willing to get up as early as 4AM to work in the bakery. I said yes, and he very generously spoke the department manager and got me a starting position there.

Interview Questions

• What were my interests and subjects of study in school?   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Just smile, and emphasize your ability to be a compassionate individual. Make sure you imply your long-term intentions, and how the long term is what is really attracting you to the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about premier customer service.   2 Answers

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a very relaxed process, I was interview by the Deli Manager and the Store Manager in the Store Manager's office upstairs. Both women were very professional without being uptight and were very mellow and laid back. They didn't ask me any off the wall questions but seemed more interested in who I was as a person and why I was interested in working for Publix. I was however applying for a specific position in the Deli, so they did ask me if I can handle stress and multi-tasking to which I answered "yes". They had me elaborate further on this, asking me what kinds of things I did in my previous job. If you don't have a lot of experience in customer service don't worry about it, neither do I. I was a personal assistant and a nanny and they still hired me on the spot. They are really looking for very upbeat people who can handle stress and can speak well. You know answering questions without long drawn out silence (pausing to reflect is alright) not saying "um" or "like" a lot and generally just being positive about the entire thing. The interview was about ten minutes and I was asked if I had any questions, don't hesitate to ask! They like it when you ask questions! A little tip that has worked for me: If you are really nervous just remember you are interviewing them as well, you are deciding if the company is right for you and so on. Good luck and stay positive!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you like to do in your free time? Can you handle stress and multi-tasking? I wasn't asked any "talk about a time when..." questions and they didn't ask me any off the wall questions.   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easiest interview I have ever had. I have experience in hiring from human resources and anybody with a 1/4 of a brain can pass the interview. Overall, just come prepared with some knowledge of Publix and show interest in helping customers.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Short, simple.. The lady that interviewed me was a customer service manager .. She was very polite, and basically it didn't feel like an interview because we basically talked the entire time. I told her about myself and she told me about herself. Then, she started explaining things to me about being a bagger & the job of a bagger & she asked is that something I would like to do.. After the interview she said she'd call back later if they were considering hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your job as a bagger would require you to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix in June 2015.

Interview

this is for a contract to hire position and the vendor forwarded the resume to the team after an aptitude test. Had one hour skype interview and it involved the manager and 2 developers. They had a long list of questions

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview with store manager took 6 minutes. However, I have extensive food background in deli, restaurant, and food warehouse management. Store Manager spent most of the time promoting Publix company culture, benefits, and advancement opportunities. Plans to open 80+ stores in next year! Manager was very professional and personable. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked of me was "what do I like to do in my spare time?'   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I first had a phone screen with recruiter who went over my qualifications, salary expectations and availability. Tthen I had to take an MCSE type test online to prove my technical skills. After that was completed, a phone screen with the hiring manager was scheduled. In person interview with manager and two senior engineers followed.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational based on scenarios that they had encountered. How would you reinstall an application that you had lost the installable media for. How would you troubleshoot the failed install of a custom written application.   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Publix (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

The interview was years ago.. I remember being asked about good I am at serving customers and how would I handle a certain situation. Its a pretty easy interview just remember to wear a proper dress coat for interview because it counts as well.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer