Publix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Fairview, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix in April 2013.

Interview Details – My interviewer was new to the interview process. She was probably as nervous as I was. I purposely did not include all the positions I had held in the past. There was only one interview with very few questions and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – My interviewer did not propose difficult or unexpected questions. The interview process was as basic and straight forward as I've ever experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a slightly better starting pay with minimal cashier experience.

Stocking Associate Interview

Stocking Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – I applied using their store system after I talked to the first manager I saw asking about job openings. I got a call for an interview two days later and was called back for a second interview three days later. I took a saliva drug test after the second interview and was offered a job. The interview process is pretty casual and nothing to worry about.

Interview Question – which job title are you most interested in working?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Interview Question – What are your flaws   Answer Question

Senior Test Analyst Interview

Senior Test Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Had a telephone interview as first step. Then had a personal interview which included SQL questions, testing methodologies questions, behavioral questions, previous work experience related questions, test case/test scenario creation questions.

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Front Service Clerk (Bagger)

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple. Sine you log in all of your information of the computer prior to the interview they have all of your necessary and basic strengths and weaknesses. I was first asked to describe myself and tell the interviewer about my basic day to day schedule and what projects and events I was currently working on. Took a drug test right after the interview. All together lasted about 30 minutes.

Negotiation Details – Starting pay of $8. Above minimum wage for a first job

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in and thankfully I was able to go the same day. The store manager called me into his office and made me feel comfortable. He asked me why I wanted to work at Publix and where I saw myself in 5 years. He asked me if I was going to college to which I replied yes. I told him I aspired to become a nurse and that I heard Publix was a good place to work at and that it fit my schedule perfectly for school and work balance. He congratulated me and proceeded to tell me the importance of honesty in the company and on a personal level. He then told me what starting pay was and asked me when I could start the job, he told me it would be perfectly fine if I needed two weeks for my then employer walgreens. I accepted the pay rate and told him I needed two weeks. He then told me I would be getting a drug test, which to my surprise was done right at his office. The test was collected via Q tip and saliva and put into a plastic container and then sent back for testing.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked. Very casual interview.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Front Service Clerk (Bagger)
Fairview, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Publix in June 2011.

Interview Details – There is a very lengthy application to fill out that includes a quiz that (I think) doesn't really have right or wrong answers to some of the questions, but are more for figuring out what kind of person you are. But in all honesty I don't know one employee that got hired by applying only. We all have some connection or talked to management to show interest. I know another store manager and I still had to renew my application 5 times and talked to an assistant manager 3 times before finally getting a "pre" interview as he called it. Soon after I got a call from his boss asking me to come in for an interview and got a call a few days later saying I got the job.

Interview Question – "what would be considered a waste of your time?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got a phone call saying they wanted to offer me a part time front service clerk position, and asked if I were still interested and I was they would set up an orientation. Pretty brief process.

Bagger Interview

Bagger
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – I applied on the computer in the store but they never called me for an interview. So I passed by every week to speak to the manager until he finally succumbed to my persistence and interviewed me. I was a college student at the time so I already knew the basics of interviews.

Interview Question – The interview was not difficult at all. It was more like a conversation and getting to know each other.   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Bagger
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Publix in June 2014.

Interview Details – applied online and got a call in a week for a interview.Very brief short and to the point,relaxing and great interviewer.They call back for a second interview in days if they like you.

Interview Question – what do you know about this company   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – found a job doing construction

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Sandy Springs, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Publix

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix interview questions and advice. All 222 interview reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees and interview candidates.