Publix

Getting the Interview

189 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Easy interview, more of a conversation than an interview. Just basic questions and an overview of the position responsibilities, benefits, and scheduling. Questions such as: Why Publix? Tell me about yourself. Name a time when you experienced poor customer service. Name a time when you experienced exceptional customer service. Why should I hire you for this job?

Interview Question – What is one thing that you didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix in March 2014.

Interview Details – For the location I worked for the store manager hires all employees for every department. I was warned that the customer base was demanding and that the employee base was diverse.

Interview Question – Do you think you really want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Just had one interview, It was a simple interview since it was for a lower level position. The manager greeted me and took me to his office. He asked me some standard questions to basically get to know me and see what type of person I was. Publix wants good-hearted, friendly people.

Interview Question – Not really hard or unexpected just asked" What all can you do for he company?"   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – I was hired in 2005 and had a very brief one-on-one interview with the store manager. The questions were simple and the interview as a whole was non-threatening. The next day I received a call that I was accepted into the position.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything truly difficult. I was only about 16 at the time and this was my first job, so the only hard-hitting question was really, "How often can you work?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in November 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is easy. Just learn strategic task and core values.

Interview Question – Core values.   Answer Question

Meals Clerk Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was really fast and to the point first interview is with department manager or assistant store manager and second interview is with the store manager.

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit for Publix?   View Answer

Meat Cutter Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in June 2012.

Interview Details – Never Late? Never Call out? How do you treat your costumers?

Part Time Cashier Interview

North Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in March 2014.

Interview Details – I found out a store in my area was hiring. Soon after my boyfriend got an interview, I put in my application and got a call a few days later. I've heard of the companies good reputation so I thought I would give it a shot as I've been looking for a part time job while I go to college in May. I returned the call and had an interview with a department manager the same day. Not only did he seem to be in a bad mood, but so did the CSR I spoke to beforehand. I waited for 20 minutes before getting to the interview, to which I initially felt pretty confident for. Although I don't have any customer service experience, I was looking to get my foot in the door. He asked about any nicknames I had, to which I didn't go by anything ot her than my first name. Immediately after he asked what I would want put on my epitaph/gravestone. The question completely threw me off as I hadn't really known the process of something like that. I told him I didn't understand the question to which he rolled his eyes before asking if I'd ever walked through a grave yard. After that, my motivation to obtain this job slowly dwindled. The questions ranged from my favorite color, my favorite historical figure and why, my GPA in school, to a question about different colored socks and since "I was going to be an engineer, I should be a good problem solver". If I would have gotten the job offer, I more than likely would not have taken it. The employees I spoke to in this process seemed a bit rude and unfriendly. I understand that every store is different, but these people represent the company and my experience was not good by any means.

Interview Question – A question about what I wanted on my gravestone, a problem solving question about socks, and a favorite historical figure.   Answer Question

Publix Deli Clerk Interview

Plant City, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in March 2013.

Interview Details – Only had 1 interview. A week later they called me back and said I had gotten the job. Went in to do a drug test. Went to Orientation.

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Very long time ago- was in high school and just looking for gas money. It turned into a great career in which I'm very proud of. I was looking for nights and weekends at the time.

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $3.35 per hour, and I accepted happily.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Publix

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix interview questions and advice. All 189 interview reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees and interview candidates.