Publix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Stock Clerk Interview

Part Time Stock Clerk
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Publix in May 2011.

Interview Details – Nothing special, just asked my experience about working in retail. It was mostly personality based. Interviewer was very nice and we clicked instantly. Didnt just treat me as another interview, but as a future employee.

Interview Question – If a customer has a question that you can't answer, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, I had experience working at target. I told them how much my bills were and they gave me $9/hr

Assistant Produce Manager Interview

Assistant Produce Manager
Bluffton, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Publix in December 2010.

Interview Details – If you want to be hired you need to first fill out an application. Then show your face almost daily bugging the store manager, then you need to make sure that you are available to work at any time they need you, and be willing to work wherever they want to place you at first. Once you get your foot in the door you can submit an ROI (request of interest) what position you would really like to be in.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Publix   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because they hire entry level there isn't a lot of room to negotiate,

Assistant Meat Manager Interview

Assistant Meat Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – All I had to do was submit an application and wait for a response from the employer. When I was called in he asked me if I was good with people, and if I could follow directions, and work hard. When he was done asking questions I took a drug test and that was it.

Interview Question – Not sure. Don't remembr   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in April 2014.

Interview Details – There is a computerized test you must take in the store. After completing the computerized test I went back in person every day and asked if they had time to look at my application. After about a week I got a call back for an initial interview. The first interview took about 10 minutes and was very basic, they set up a second interview on the spot. The second interview is what you would expect, questions about the companies history, products, previous employment, and past experiences.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a customer who is not satisfied with the service he/she received?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – During the computerized test you are asked how much you expect to make, but otherwise are unable to negotiate.

Grocery Associate Interview

Grocery Associate
Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Publix in August 2014.

Interview Details – I went in filled out an application on the kiosk and spoke to the manager. Since it was Friday, he asked me to come into the store on Monday morning for an interview. On Monday, we spoke for about an hour. We talked about Publix's company culture, and he asked several standard interview questions. The interview was not difficult at all, and was a good interview process for this type of position. He wanted to know why I wanted to work at Publix, and if I'd had previous experience. My interviewer was a longtime employee there, and he was very knowledgeable about the company's history, their expansions throughout the Southeast, and their policies and procedures. He was friendly and we talked about colleges, and sports. I was offered a part-time job in the interview, and I accepted. Basically Publix wants you to be courteous, conscientious; and to care about your work. If you are a reasonably good employee, you should do fine during the interview.

Interview Question – What does good customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a fair wage, and I accepted w/o negotiation.

Stocker Interview

Stocker

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – Applied on instore kiosk and received a phone call a month later. Interviewed the next day and was asked about previous customer service experience which I didn't have. Then afterwards I had to wait about a week, and then I got a phone call telling me I got the job, and I started the next day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a co-worker didn't follow protocol and what you did   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk

I applied through other source and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Applied on the computer in the store, got a call about 3 weeks later. Had an interview the week after the call and it seemed to go well. Just basic questions were asked. I didnt hear anything back for about 3 or 4 weeks so i returned to the store and talked to the manager again and let him know i was still interested. He called me soon after to come in for a drug screening and set up the orientation. After the orientation i was told to go back to the store to set fill out paper work and what not and the manager said i was hired and i started about a week later. It seemed like it took forever to finally get hired.

Interview Question – I guess the most difficult for me (always) is "why i want to work for the company".   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was really interesting because I had no experience in food service at all but after a brief interview, was asked to do the drug test right then and attend the orientation. The interviewer commented that I seem to have no problem smiling (I would like to think that helped in his decision to hire me.)

Interview Question – What do you like about the company?   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Front Service Clerk (Bagger)

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – Told me a resume was not necessary, however I think it puts you over the top. Very casual, need to be extremely customer service oriented in many responses. Following up with stores regarding application is crucial. Also, be very energetic/charismatic during interview, Publix values employees that are happy and hardworking.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer who was upset by a sale?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was immediate, knew I received the job prior to leaving the interview.

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Front Service Clerk (Bagger)
Hollywood, FL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – First off Ill say I didnt expect to get called since I have applied to Publix several times over and nothing. I managed to get in and also had someone reccomend me who worked there. The interview went very smoothly I didnt feel nervous in the least and they didnt talk like "manager and employee". Very at ease with just the basic questions, nothing over the top just things like this --> (How would you define good customer service?, or a scenario of how would I deal with a difficult coworker) and for the most part I did very well and was hired on the spot. An oral drug test was done on the stop so druggies beware lol and it took like 30 minutes. The drug test took up more time for me because there were technical difficulties but make sure your mouth isnt bone dry before going in as I had to do it three times.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!