Publix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Stocker Interview

Stocker

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – Applied on instore kiosk and received a phone call a month later. Interviewed the next day and was asked about previous customer service experience which I didn't have. Then afterwards I had to wait about a week, and then I got a phone call telling me I got the job, and I started the next day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a co-worker didn't follow protocol and what you did   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk

I applied through other source and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Applied on the computer in the store, got a call about 3 weeks later. Had an interview the week after the call and it seemed to go well. Just basic questions were asked. I didnt hear anything back for about 3 or 4 weeks so i returned to the store and talked to the manager again and let him know i was still interested. He called me soon after to come in for a drug screening and set up the orientation. After the orientation i was told to go back to the store to set fill out paper work and what not and the manager said i was hired and i started about a week later. It seemed like it took forever to finally get hired.

Interview Question – I guess the most difficult for me (always) is "why i want to work for the company".   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Front Service Clerk (Bagger)

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – Told me a resume was not necessary, however I think it puts you over the top. Very casual, need to be extremely customer service oriented in many responses. Following up with stores regarding application is crucial. Also, be very energetic/charismatic during interview, Publix values employees that are happy and hardworking.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer who was upset by a sale?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was immediate, knew I received the job prior to leaving the interview.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was really interesting because I had no experience in food service at all but after a brief interview, was asked to do the drug test right then and attend the orientation. The interviewer commented that I seem to have no problem smiling (I would like to think that helped in his decision to hire me.)

Interview Question – What do you like about the company?   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Front Service Clerk (Bagger)
Hollywood, FL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – First off Ill say I didnt expect to get called since I have applied to Publix several times over and nothing. I managed to get in and also had someone reccomend me who worked there. The interview went very smoothly I didnt feel nervous in the least and they didnt talk like "manager and employee". Very at ease with just the basic questions, nothing over the top just things like this --> (How would you define good customer service?, or a scenario of how would I deal with a difficult coworker) and for the most part I did very well and was hired on the spot. An oral drug test was done on the stop so druggies beware lol and it took like 30 minutes. The drug test took up more time for me because there were technical difficulties but make sure your mouth isnt bone dry before going in as I had to do it three times.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Fairview, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix in April 2013.

Interview Details – My interviewer was new to the interview process. She was probably as nervous as I was. I purposely did not include all the positions I had held in the past. There was only one interview with very few questions and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – My interviewer did not propose difficult or unexpected questions. The interview process was as basic and straight forward as I've ever experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a slightly better starting pay with minimal cashier experience.

Very Easy Interview

Stocking Associate Interview

Stocking Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – I applied using their store system after I talked to the first manager I saw asking about job openings. I got a call for an interview two days later and was called back for a second interview three days later. I took a saliva drug test after the second interview and was offered a job. The interview process is pretty casual and nothing to worry about.

Interview Question – which job title are you most interested in working?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Interview Question – What are your flaws   Answer Question

Senior Test Analyst Interview

Senior Test Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Had a telephone interview as first step. Then had a personal interview which included SQL questions, testing methodologies questions, behavioral questions, previous work experience related questions, test case/test scenario creation questions.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in and thankfully I was able to go the same day. The store manager called me into his office and made me feel comfortable. He asked me why I wanted to work at Publix and where I saw myself in 5 years. He asked me if I was going to college to which I replied yes. I told him I aspired to become a nurse and that I heard Publix was a good place to work at and that it fit my schedule perfectly for school and work balance. He congratulated me and proceeded to tell me the importance of honesty in the company and on a personal level. He then told me what starting pay was and asked me when I could start the job, he told me it would be perfectly fine if I needed two weeks for my then employer walgreens. I accepted the pay rate and told him I needed two weeks. He then told me I would be getting a drug test, which to my surprise was done right at his office. The test was collected via Q tip and saliva and put into a plastic container and then sent back for testing.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked. Very casual interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!