Publix Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

1.9

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Publix (Melbourne Beach, FL).

Interview

It was VERY hard for me to get interviewed. I applied (you must apply at a computer station in-store) and came in once a twice a week for two months before I got called in, and even then it was to another store that was a half hour away from my house. (Annoying, since I applied to a store within walking distance from my home with the intention of saving money by biking to work. Instead, I spent a good chunk of money on gas getting to and from my shifts.)

Once I got the interview, though, it was a breeze. Unless you really bomb the interview or fail the drug test, you've pretty much got the job by that point. My interviewing manager was very pleasant to talk with and was kind about calming me down (it was my first interview and I was a *little* nervous), and he went through pretty standard questions. He asked me what position I was applying for, and when I explained that I had my heart set on the bakery he told me they didn't really have openings there. I said that I would be happy to work as a cashier or in another department until something opened up, and he asked if I would be willing to get up as early as 4AM to work in the bakery. I said yes, and he very generously spoke the department manager and got me a starting position there.

Interview Questions

• What were my interests and subjects of study in school?   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Just smile, and emphasize your ability to be a compassionate individual. Make sure you imply your long-term intentions, and how the long term is what is really attracting you to the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about premier customer service.   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easiest interview I have ever had. I have experience in hiring from human resources and anybody with a 1/4 of a brain can pass the interview. Overall, just come prepared with some knowledge of Publix and show interest in helping customers.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview with store manager took 6 minutes. However, I have extensive food background in deli, restaurant, and food warehouse management. Store Manager spent most of the time promoting Publix company culture, benefits, and advancement opportunities. Plans to open 80+ stores in next year! Manager was very professional and personable. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked of me was "what do I like to do in my spare time?'   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I first had a phone screen with recruiter who went over my qualifications, salary expectations and availability. Tthen I had to take an MCSE type test online to prove my technical skills. After that was completed, a phone screen with the hiring manager was scheduled. In person interview with manager and two senior engineers followed.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational based on scenarios that they had encountered. How would you reinstall an application that you had lost the installable media for. How would you troubleshoot the failed install of a custom written application.   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Publix (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

The interview was years ago.. I remember being asked about good I am at serving customers and how would I handle a certain situation. Its a pretty easy interview just remember to wear a proper dress coat for interview because it counts as well.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

You apply in store at a kiosk and once you submit your application the hiring manager will review it and call you back for an interview if they want to hire you. If you're called back for the interview you're already hired. However, getting a call back is so hard. To have the manager take notice of you you have to go into the store after you apply and ask to speak to the manager to introduce yourself. They want to see initiative and they want to weed out the shy people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix? How do you spend your free time? What are you going to school for?   1 Answer

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very short and unprofessional. I was asked ridiculous questions. They did a lot of my important information over the phone which resulted in another easy pointless interview. They hire anyone and anyone as long as you can pass a drug test

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be an animal, what would you be?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

it was a very relaxed interview, I was still very nervous though because it was my first interview ever, but it wasn't hard at all.. I applied for the job and then about 3 weeks later I got scheduled for an interview. I followed through with the job twice! and me following through has definitely helped... And I should be hearing back from them in a few days!

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      why Publix?
      what/who would be your transportation here?
      how would you start up a conversation with a customer?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Apply on-line fill out the basic questionnaire, resume, and a cover letter. Got declined for some right away but was invited to an interview with the hiring manager. Was given one day to clear my schedule for the interview (friday). The interview was pretty basic and relatively quick. Got a call back Monday offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you for the position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like working at Publix? (For current employees).   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with SDLC?   Answer Question
    • I asked if the manager had any concerns or additional questions for me and the manager even asked me if I have any hobbies I enjoy.   Answer Question