Publix Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
235 interviews

2.0

Programmer Interview

Applied and was contacted for a Skype interview within a week.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of SQL database questions that I was not prepared for.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Told me a resume was not necessary, however I think it puts you over the top. Very casual, need to be extremely customer service oriented in many responses. Following up with stores regarding application is crucial. Also, be very energetic/charismatic during interview, Publix values employees that are happy and hardworking.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who was upset by a sale?   View Answer
    Was immediate, knew I received the job prior to leaving the interview.

Senior Test Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Had a telephone interview as first step. Then had a personal interview which included SQL questions, testing methodologies questions, behavioral questions, previous work experience related questions, test case/test scenario creation questions.

Cashier Interview

For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

The interview process was very simple. Sine you log in all of your information of the computer prior to the interview they have all of your necessary and basic strengths and weaknesses. I was first asked to describe myself and tell the interviewer about my basic day to day schedule and what projects and events I was currently working on. Took a drug test right after the interview. All together lasted about 30 minutes.

Starting pay of $8. Above minimum wage for a first job

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

i filled out the app it took about 45 min to fill out. got a phone call within two days asking for a interview with me. during my interview they asked if i would like the job and i said yes. next was the drug test.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interviewed with the store manager. Tell me about yourself type interview. We had a conversation about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. Offered me a job right away and did a drug test

Cashier Interview

Once i got the interview, the interview was so laid back and easy. just be polite, talk about how you'd like more responsibility, show you would be good to work with customers.

no negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

after you apply at a computer in store you first you get a call to come in for an interview you get to know you immediate manager and interiew with him or her then you aretold to wait for a call to come back and have a drug test done orally at the store if you pass then you get your orientation information for the next weekend.

Interview Questions
    • are you going to school and how does publix fit into your chose career path.   View Answer
    there really wasnt one it was my first job

Deli Clerk Interview

Initial communication email, two interviews

Interview Questions

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!