Publix Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

1.9

Customer Service Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

They asked questions so that they could get to know you, both personally, and how Publix could use your skills. It was a 1-on-1 interview that included the customer service manager, and then i eventually had to interview with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

very easy.. went in for the interview, ... got the job, went for orientation and started working the following week. I knew someone who work there so it made it easy for me to get the job.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy. Walked in, filled out computer application, was called for interview within a few days. Interview questions were easy and straight forward. Some behavioral-style interview questions but mostly questions about background. They just want to get to know you. Publix does a great job at maintaining a friendly staff.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through the in-store kiosk & got a call about a week later from a different Publix asking me to come in for an interview. When I came in, I met with the Customer Service Manager. He was very professional & polite & I felt a strong connection between us professionally. He told me he had a few more applicants & would get back to me within the week. They called me about 2 hours later asking me to come in for the second interview. At this one, I met with the Store Manager & he just asked about my background & did the mouth swab drug test right in his office. The test came back about a week later & I was told to come in for my name tag & uniforms because it all checked out. They gave me all the information for my orientation, then I was on my way. Once you get to the second interview, you're garunteed to have the job.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, this was my first job.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

simple questions , took less than half an hour , they are just looking for people to work seasonal until the birds fly north, they will fill you with false promises ( could lead to full time) questions were basic and simple.

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience do you have,   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I had to apply at a hiring computer at the store. I was called to come in and was interviewed at the store and hired during that interview. During the interview, I was questioned by several staff members.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I working with a variety of people.   1 Answer

Bagger/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in August 2015.

Interview

It was very short. Basic questions. Informal. Friendly discussion with the assistant customer service manager. I made sure to show up early with resumes. It was more of a get to know session than an interview. Questions included: what is premier customer service? Tell me a little about yourself. How would you deal with an angry customer service?

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Hollywood, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

fill out application, call to check status, they call you, you get hired it was very simple to get a job with publix you just have to catch them in a season when they need alot of help

Meat Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Suwanee, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

A friend referred me after seeing a "help wanted" sign in the Deli Department of a local store. After completing the application and assessment test via the in-store computer, I was called in for an interview. The interview was for a different, but convenient store location and for a different department -- the meat department. The initial interview was with the Meat Department Manager. I felt that he wanted to hire me on the spot but he said he needed to check with either the Store Manager or the Assistant Store Manager. I received a call the next day and interviewed with the Assistant Store Manager a day after that. He was very informal and spent most of the time telling me about Publix the benefits, etc. He was very respectful and friendly. He administered the "swab test" for drugs and submitted that and the background test the same day, explaining that it usually takes 2-3 business days to get it back, and then I would need to go through orientation which is only held on Saturdays at a nearby facility.

Interview Questions

• The main question asked by the assist store manager was, "Why Publix?" It didn't feel like a typical "question and answer" interview but more of a "lets get to know each other" interview. It was very positive, friendly and respectful.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered more than I expected and it was in line with GlassDoor average for the meat department position.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

It took some time since many job openings weren't open at all. I applied a year before i was hired i guess it's because how they have enough employees. As they called me cellphone and asked me to come down to the store for an interview. It was quite easy questions just be honest. Honesty and be who you are.