Publix Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
235 interviews

2.0

Deli Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in May 2012.

The interview gave me a lot of promise for this job. I received many recommendations for this job, and the store manager (along with other associates) made it sound like the best place to work.

Bagger Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Publix in April 2010.

So I went in and used the computer they had given me, it took me 2 hours of standing there filing out information and answering all the questions they had asked me. A lot of what if questions about customer service. Basically try to be the nicest person you can be. I had to put in my password and email again in order to reapply as it was past 3 months. I actually forgot my password and they were kind enough to give me a password to type in. When i got the interview, It only took about 10 minutes it felt like to me. Not many questions was left open to ask after taking their application questionnaire.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview the store manager said, this job is very repetitive, are you ok with that?   View Answer

Assistant Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bluffton, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluffton, SC

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Publix in December 2010.

If you want to be hired you need to first fill out an application. Then show your face almost daily bugging the store manager, then you need to make sure that you are available to work at any time they need you, and be willing to work wherever they want to place you at first. Once you get your foot in the door you can submit an ROI (request of interest) what position you would really like to be in.

Interview Questions
    Because they hire entry level there isn't a lot of room to negotiate,

Part Time Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Publix in May 2011.

Nothing special, just asked my experience about working in retail. It was mostly personality based. Interviewer was very nice and we clicked instantly. Didnt just treat me as another interview, but as a future employee.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer has a question that you can't answer, what do you do?   View Answer
    Simple, I had experience working at target. I told them how much my bills were and they gave me $9/hr

Assistant Meat Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Publix.

All I had to do was submit an application and wait for a response from the employer. When I was called in he asked me if I was good with people, and if I could follow directions, and work hard. When he was done asking questions I took a drug test and that was it.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in April 2014.

There is a computerized test you must take in the store. After completing the computerized test I went back in person every day and asked if they had time to look at my application. After about a week I got a call back for an initial interview. The first interview took about 10 minutes and was very basic, they set up a second interview on the spot. The second interview is what you would expect, questions about the companies history, products, previous employment, and past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who is not satisfied with the service he/she received?   View Answer
    During the computerized test you are asked how much you expect to make, but otherwise are unable to negotiate.

Grocery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Publix in August 2014.

I went in filled out an application on the kiosk and spoke to the manager. Since it was Friday, he asked me to come into the store on Monday morning for an interview. On Monday, we spoke for about an hour. We talked about Publix's company culture, and he asked several standard interview questions. The interview was not difficult at all, and was a good interview process for this type of position. He wanted to know why I wanted to work at Publix, and if I'd had previous experience. My interviewer was a longtime employee there, and he was very knowledgeable about the company's history, their expansions throughout the Southeast, and their policies and procedures. He was friendly and we talked about colleges, and sports. I was offered a part-time job in the interview, and I accepted. Basically Publix wants you to be courteous, conscientious; and to care about your work. If you are a reasonably good employee, you should do fine during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   View Answer
    I was offered a fair wage, and I accepted w/o negotiation.

Stocker Interview

Applied on instore kiosk and received a phone call a month later. Interviewed the next day and was asked about previous customer service experience which I didn't have. Then afterwards I had to wait about a week, and then I got a phone call telling me I got the job, and I started the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a co-worker didn't follow protocol and what you did   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Publix.

Applied on the computer in the store, got a call about 3 weeks later. Had an interview the week after the call and it seemed to go well. Just basic questions were asked. I didnt hear anything back for about 3 or 4 weeks so i returned to the store and talked to the manager again and let him know i was still interested. He called me soon after to come in for a drug screening and set up the orientation. After the orientation i was told to go back to the store to set fill out paper work and what not and the manager said i was hired and i started about a week later. It seemed like it took forever to finally get hired.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the most difficult for me (always) is "why i want to work for the company".   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Told me a resume was not necessary, however I think it puts you over the top. Very casual, need to be extremely customer service oriented in many responses. Following up with stores regarding application is crucial. Also, be very energetic/charismatic during interview, Publix values employees that are happy and hardworking.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who was upset by a sale?   View Answer
    Was immediate, knew I received the job prior to leaving the interview.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!