Publix Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Wales, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Lake Wales, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviews were conducted in store with the customer service manager. They expressed a desire to know my skills and where I wanted to go in life and suggested that Publix may have opportunities for my College major of choice.

I Applied for Various Positions But Ended Up In Deli Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I went into one store and met with the manager and asked if there was any positions open and i would like to work for the company. About 3 weeks later i get a phone call saying there is a position open at another store and if wanted to do an interview there and i said yes. So the day before and the day of i did a lot of research (mostly this site) just to see how the interview would go. Then when i got to the store I talked to the customer service asking for the hiring manager. when i started the interview i shook his hand and smiled and at first it seemed like he just wanted to get the interview over with like it was a waste of time but after a while we were laughing and telling jokes he asked me what positions i would like (i said bagging or stocking) and he said i have an opening in the deli but its hard work and he basically tried to talk me out of doing deli but i just held my ground and took the job.

Support III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call the next day for an interview. It was very professional and a bit intimidating. They asked all the typical interview questions. They told me that I was asking too much in salary for the position when it wasn't even 14 dollars an hour requested. They can defiantly afford more for a position they claim have supervisory duties.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that is not doing their job?   1 Answer

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Publix (Destin, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Just asked a few questions for around 10 minutes. It was very laid back and not too difficult. I didn't get an interview from the online process so I had to go in and ask for one. They gave me an interview on the spot and gave me the date for orientation. Online application was very long though. Many questions about what someone would do in certain situations. The interview was overall a good experience.

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA).

Interview

Waited forever .. Interviewer was late
    Interviewer kept focusing on how physical the job was (I am female and kind of small). I regularly lift heavy weights, worked manufacturing (heavy lifting) for 9+ years, and am solidly built. I feel like he kept seeing my gender as an issue. Questions were rushed and he seemed disinterested and hurried. Maybe I should have went into the interview in ripped jeans and a muscle shirt.

Interview Questions

• Why Publix, can you lift 30 pounds at least, can you do the physical portion of the job   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (Gainesville, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Easy, straight forward. Put application in at the store, received phone call to interview, was given an offer. Great place to work. Very Easy job. can be stressful at times. great stock options.

Interview Questions

• Why work for publix? how long will you stay?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Publix (Lake Worth, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Talk to an assistant store manager was sent to the store managers office I had already filled the application on the kiosk out spoke to the store manager for approximately a half an hour was a good interview was hired on the spot. Kelly was poorly understaffed

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Clemson, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I made sure I called at least once a week to make sure they were looking at my application. Eventually, I had an interview with the customer service manager. It was quick, only about 10 minutes if that, and they said stheyhe would give me a call back later in the week if the store manager wanted to meet me. You must interview with the store manager in order to receive an offer, as they make the last decision. I met with the store manager and that interview was only about 10 minutes as well. I was told that I would receive a call if they wish to hire me. The next day I received a call offering me a position in the produce department, which wasn't what I originally interviewed for, but I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and get a dollar more on my salary because I explained I wanted to keep open availability which is very valuable

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Applied at the machine and then introduced myself to the hiring manager and let them know that I applied. Got a call back within a week and got asked to come in for an interview. Interview was very relaxed, manager was very personable. Thought I came off as an outgoing friendly person. He thanked me for my time and told me I would hear back from them in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Publix (the company) and why you want to work here.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Trussville, AL) in May 2011.

Interview

It was brief, but straight to the point. I was asked a lot of questions about family and values, which is what the company is built around. I was asked about my experience with people and customers and the stress that was put on the customer and not the product. It was a very straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Publix?   1 Answer