Publix

Average Difficulty
227 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Front Service Clerk (Bagger)

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple. Sine you log in all of your information of the computer prior to the interview they have all of your necessary and basic strengths and weaknesses. I was first asked to describe myself and tell the interviewer about my basic day to day schedule and what projects and events I was currently working on. Took a drug test right after the interview. All together lasted about 30 minutes.

Negotiation Details – Starting pay of $8. Above minimum wage for a first job

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Front Service Clerk (Bagger)
Fairview, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Publix in June 2011.

Interview Details – There is a very lengthy application to fill out that includes a quiz that (I think) doesn't really have right or wrong answers to some of the questions, but are more for figuring out what kind of person you are. But in all honesty I don't know one employee that got hired by applying only. We all have some connection or talked to management to show interest. I know another store manager and I still had to renew my application 5 times and talked to an assistant manager 3 times before finally getting a "pre" interview as he called it. Soon after I got a call from his boss asking me to come in for an interview and got a call a few days later saying I got the job.

Interview Question – "what would be considered a waste of your time?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got a phone call saying they wanted to offer me a part time front service clerk position, and asked if I were still interested and I was they would set up an orientation. Pretty brief process.

Bagger Interview

Bagger
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – I applied on the computer in the store but they never called me for an interview. So I passed by every week to speak to the manager until he finally succumbed to my persistence and interviewed me. I was a college student at the time so I already knew the basics of interviews.

Interview Question – The interview was not difficult at all. It was more like a conversation and getting to know each other.   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Bagger
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Publix in June 2014.

Interview Details – applied online and got a call in a week for a interview.Very brief short and to the point,relaxing and great interviewer.They call back for a second interview in days if they like you.

Interview Question – what do you know about this company   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – found a job doing construction

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Sandy Springs, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.

GRS Interview

GRS

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first one was with the manager over the area you would be working in and the next is with the store manager. As long as you pay attention, get there on time, and look professional, you will make a good first impression.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and why do you think are a good candidate for this position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Daniel Island, SC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very quick and to the point and they did not waste my time throughout the interview. I felt like I was listened to by the manager and they seemed to really just take time to talk with me.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Publix?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate. What I was given was more than fair for what I was hired on for.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in September 2013.

Interview Details – You are given and drug test when being interviewed and then you file out some paper work very easy process to get hired. You fill out an application in the store and get asked a personality questionaire.

Interview Question – how will you shine with your work   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Went into the store and applied at the kiosk. A manager had seen me applying and came over to me, he then asked if I could interview right then. He took me to an office and we chatted. I was only 16 at the time so I wasn't sure how the process was supposed to go. He was a very laid back chill guy and I felt very comfortable the entire time. He is still, 9 years later, my favorite manager. After talking for a bit he asked me when I could come back with a parent for a drug test, I went back that night and was told I had the job. Started work the next week.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions, the only one that sticks out in my mind that he asked me was "Why do you want to work for Publix?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was 16 and got minimum wage like every other teenager.

Meat Cutter Interview

Meat Cutter
Madison, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very laid back not formal or uptight . Just be your self . Not big on Drug testing. The best way to get a job interview is to know some one in management. Keep an open mind about the process.

Interview Question – Not willing to work with school schedule or personal life   Answer Question