Publix

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.0

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Publix in January 2015.

I called the manager on a Monday and was told that she didn't have any positions. However, she asked for my name & number in case anything came up. I applied the day after anyways, and then I got a call from her on that Friday asking for me to come for an interview. Interview was pretty brief and easy, it was just basic questions, nothing to hard. And she was very welcoming!

Interview Questions
    No need to, they agreed to pay me above minimum wage due to the fact that I have experience.

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix in January 2015.

Fill out application at Publix, then they call you for an interview. Received a call back a couple days later saying I had the job. You have to go to a training on a Saturday before you officially start at your new store.

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I applied. I received a pone call. I went into the store for a behavioral interview and they offered me the job right there. I was in high school, so I did not really negotiate anything more than minimum wage. I was only 15 years old. This was my first job. The interview was easy and it was worth it to get my first job

Not bad!

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Very easy. I had been a teller in the bank so the manager knew I could handle people and money. The manager felt I had to be trustworthy and have a good work ethic because of my experience in the bank.

Interview Questions
    The manager offered me a certain wage but I said Oh, I was hoping the pay started a little higher since I am experienced with people and money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

First step, come in and put the app in. Yes, in. You cannot take it online. It is very helpful to take full initiative, talk to a manager, introduce yourself, explain you'd love to work there, you're a fast learner and a hard worker with a flexible schedule. Be the person they want, make them enthusiastic about hiring you. Let them know your app is already in. You'll get a call for an interview. Then, post interview, a call for paperwork and a drug test (mouth swab test). You're in! Next is orientation, a day with other newly hired folks, a free lunch, and learning about the company.
    Application has MANY trick questions. If you're not going for a manager position, there are questions that are worded just to trick you as a employee under someone. Questions that you think they'd want you to take leadership in and make it sound like you'd be bothering the manager if you asked for help. But REALLY, you should always just choose the question that sounds like you're listening to your manager. If you think choosing "agree" rather than "strongly agree" is honest and appealing to the employer, you're wrong. If it sounds good, hit strongly agree. Sounds bad, hit strongly disagree.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, it was to tell her about myself. I stumbled all over my words, trying to think of what about me would make me appealing for the job.   Answer Question
    I didn't even know my pay til I was hired, I never bothered to ask. Turned out when I logged into my employee profile, I was making $9/hr! Never needed to negotiate.

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Applied using the computer in the store, takes around 20 minutes. Got a call around a week later, setting up an interview time. Came to the store and was interviewed by the CS Manager in her office, very casual and laid back. The interview only took 10 minutes at most.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly simple behavior based questions, how would you handle an upset customer, what do you do if you see a coworker stealing, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, pretty cut and dry.

ISTS Support Tech Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Publix in December 2014.

Applied online, got an email the next day from HR about setting up a Skype interview with a manager. I thought the interview went well, the interviewing manager was friendly. Asked basic HR questions, explained a lot about benefits and a little about the job. Told me I'd hear one way or another in a week and a half because he felt like that was professional.

A month and a half later I had to email the HR contact just to get an official answer even though I knew I wasn't going to get it. A week later they sent me a form email rejection. I got the feeling I was just filling an interview quota for the position.

Bakery Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix in December 2014.

I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after applying. It was pretty easy, I was asked why I wanted to work for Publix and what I thought good customer service was. My only issue is it took a month for the background check.

Interview Questions
    • They took me to the bakery and asked me to frost a rose (I am bakery clerk/cake decorating apprentice).   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, I was told the highest they could pay me was $9/hr for now, but opportunities to raise it would come twice a year. He just said if you'd like to work with us, we'd be happy to have you.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Took about a month got an interview contacted screening then job. The process was not that stressful although you have to wait for the drug screenig. Afterwards you have to attend orientation at a particular location. Learning about ths company and offers are quite interesting really care about associates.

Interview Questions
    • How can you potentially up sell products in this environment.   Answer Question
    They pay well no negotiation necessary.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix.

I applied in the store and ten days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple.I met with the store manager and she went over my resume. She told me about job, benefits, etc. One week later, I've got an offer, overall great experience