Publix

191 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Publix Deli Clerk Interview

Plant City, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in March 2013.

Interview Details – Only had 1 interview. A week later they called me back and said I had gotten the job. Went in to do a drug test. Went to Orientation.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Very long time ago- was in high school and just looking for gas money. It turned into a great career in which I'm very proud of. I was looking for nights and weekends at the time.

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $3.35 per hour, and I accepted happily.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Oh my goodness, the interview process was so easy! But originally the store manager was going to put me to work in the deli, and after calling several times, he said the deli position is closed but he offered me a job as a cashier! That was awesome!

Interview Question – In the second interview, I was asked, "Besides the money, why do you want to work at Publix?"   View Answer

Costumer Service Clerk Interview

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Publix in March 2011.

Interview Details – They were friendly and the process seems to be very well organized. there is a lot of people involved in your initial training and all of them are greeting you with a smile.

Interview Question – Why you didn't apply here before ?   View Answer

Customer Service Staff Interview

Customer Service Staff

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in August 2010.

Interview Details – Special circumstance

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a part of Publix   Answer Question

Analyst Dispatcher Interview

Lakeland, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had to get the job through a contract agency called Hudson Global Resources located in Orlando Florida. The contract agency got my resume and called me to ask if I would like to interview for the job with publix. I went to the Lakeland office for Publix Supermarkets and spoke to the FTS supervisor. From the first time I spoke to the supervisor on the phone I just knew I had the job. He was very nice and open as to what I would be expected to do. I got a tour of the offices and spoke to the office workers there at the time and they were all nice and welcoming. After we spoke I knew that I had the position. He said he had one more interview but that so far I seemed the best candidate. The next morning I got a call from the Contract Agency offering me the position.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question he asked me was of all the famous people you can think of which one would you love to have dinner with? I think this was to test my personality. Just to make sure I was a good fit for the team he was assembling in that office. I said of all the people I would like to have dinner with it would have been Elvis Presley. The reason I would like to have dinner with him is because looking at how people "worship" him I guess would be the term by going back to his home and speculating how he may not even be dead, indicates to me he had something special about him. Some draw that I would like to know. I would like to ask him how he amassed so much love in his life time because that to me is the most important thing in life. The love of everyone around you and the love you give back to those people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me if I would like the job. They offered me the starting salery and gave me the option of a raise if I worked at least six months with no incident. I was told that if I made it a year I would be given an offer by Publix Supermarkets to be hired on fulltime to there company instead of staying with the contract agency which came with benefits of insurance and so much more.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – It took over a month to get a call after filling in the application at the in-store kiosk.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for a PT grocery clerk job. You get what they pay, no more, no less.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was more of a conversation about Publix and my most recent experience. Just talked about expectations and what he was looking for in an employee. Talked about my future goals with the company and other departments I would be interested in at a later time.

Interview Question – None. Very simple and quick   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Store manager made an offer and I accepted.

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Front Service Clerk (Bagger)
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Publix in February 2014.

Interview Details – why publix ? was the onlya question

Interview Question – wasn't a difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – Applied and was contacted for a Skype interview within a week.

Interview Question – There were a lot of SQL database questions that I was not prepared for.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Publix