Publix Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.9

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

You apply in store at a kiosk and once you submit your application the hiring manager will review it and call you back for an interview if they want to hire you. If you're called back for the interview you're already hired. However, getting a call back is so hard. To have the manager take notice of you you have to go into the store after you apply and ask to speak to the manager to introduce yourself. They want to see initiative and they want to weed out the shy people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix? How do you spend your free time? What are you going to school for?   1 Answer

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very short and unprofessional. I was asked ridiculous questions. They did a lot of my important information over the phone which resulted in another easy pointless interview. They hire anyone and anyone as long as you can pass a drug test

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be an animal, what would you be?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

it was a very relaxed interview, I was still very nervous though because it was my first interview ever, but it wasn't hard at all.. I applied for the job and then about 3 weeks later I got scheduled for an interview. I followed through with the job twice! and me following through has definitely helped... And I should be hearing back from them in a few days!

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself? why Publix? what/who would be your transportation here? how would you start up a conversation with a customer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Apply on-line fill out the basic questionnaire, resume, and a cover letter. Got declined for some right away but was invited to an interview with the hiring manager. Was given one day to clear my schedule for the interview (friday). The interview was pretty basic and relatively quick. Got a call back Monday offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you for the position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like working at Publix? (For current employees).   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with SDLC?   Answer Question
    • I asked if the manager had any concerns or additional questions for me and the manager even asked me if I have any hobbies I enjoy.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Cape Coral, FL).

Interview

Senior managers take the time to introduce you to the company's culture and tell you what you are getting into before you agree to take on the challenge! For hourly associates the interview is usually one-on-one or involves the store manager and the department manager of the department you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What customer service means to you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process was cool . Make sure you are ready to work though.practice your line so you wont stumble on words. Just pay attention. Obtain excellent customer service . Pretty easy going

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. Make sure that after applying at JAC, go talk to one of the store representatives, such as the Associate Store Manager. Leave a good/friendly first impression and they will make your application stand out. Arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled interview and do some practice interviews in your head and make sure to bring at least TWO (2) resumes. Ask if they would like to see a copy of your resume even if they didn't ask. The interview was fairly relaxed, but make sure you answer sincerely and put the emphasis of good customer service. Lastly, make sure to have at least 2 questions to ask the interviewer (not just for show) that you would personally want to know (i.e. work environment, priorities, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Publix usually pays a little above minimum wage. Don't ask for a raise before you even start but work your way up through promotions and such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple. After applying at the publix store, My mother (publix employee) referred me to her manager.. After 1 week I was contacted for an interview. The manager was extremely friendly and because of my mother's employment there, he wanted to keep it, as he said, "short and sweet".. asked me one question and explained to me the importance of great customer service.. After that, I was hired. I was supposed to come back in three days later to do the drug test, but the manager decided to do it that same day.. A few days later I was called back in after getting the test results and given Publix cashier uniform (vest, white button down, and name tag).. I was scheduled to go to orientation the following week at another local Publix.. The orientation lasted about half of the day and was very helpful.. The day after orientation was my first day of training (computer, videos).. A few days after completing the video training, I was starting physical, on the job training ( I already knew everyone at this Publix so it made the experience 10x easier ).. I trained for almost 2 weeks before being put on my own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Greenville, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was with the assistant manager then she shook my hand and said when i could set up for a second interview and when i was halfway home they called me back to tell me to come back to complete the second interview with the store manager and he fed me a bunch of bull and gave me the job. & was telling me that it will be easy to move to a full time position and yet there is a guy that has been there for over a year and still isn't full time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit at Publix?   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal, pleasant interview with the Deli Manager and the Deli Assistant Manager we discussed hours, wages, uniforms, training, start date, etc. I will have a hiring decision with 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind fast-paced work, Part time hours   1 Answer