Publix Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.0

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Savannah, GA).

Interview

First step, come in and put the app in. Yes, in. You cannot take it online. It is very helpful to take full initiative, talk to a manager, introduce yourself, explain you'd love to work there, you're a fast learner and a hard worker with a flexible schedule. Be the person they want, make them enthusiastic about hiring you. Let them know your app is already in. You'll get a call for an interview. Then, post interview, a call for paperwork and a drug test (mouth swab test). You're in! Next is orientation, a day with other newly hired folks, a free lunch, and learning about the company.
    Application has MANY trick questions. If you're not going for a manager position, there are questions that are worded just to trick you as a employee under someone. Questions that you think they'd want you to take leadership in and make it sound like you'd be bothering the manager if you asked for help. But REALLY, you should always just choose the question that sounds like you're listening to your manager. If you think choosing "agree" rather than "strongly agree" is honest and appealing to the employer, you're wrong. If it sounds good, hit strongly agree. Sounds bad, hit strongly disagree.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, it was to tell her about myself. I stumbled all over my words, trying to think of what about me would make me appealing for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't even know my pay til I was hired, I never bothered to ask. Turned out when I logged into my employee profile, I was making $9/hr! Never needed to negotiate.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Applied using the computer in the store, takes around 20 minutes. Got a call around a week later, setting up an interview time. Came to the store and was interviewed by the CS Manager in her office, very casual and laid back. The interview only took 10 minutes at most.

Interview Questions

• Mostly simple behavior based questions, how would you handle an upset customer, what do you do if you see a coworker stealing, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, pretty cut and dry.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix in December 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after applying. It was pretty easy, I was asked why I wanted to work for Publix and what I thought good customer service was. My only issue is it took a month for the background check.

Interview Questions

• They took me to the bakery and asked me to frost a rose (I am bakery clerk/cake decorating apprentice).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, I was told the highest they could pay me was $9/hr for now, but opportunities to raise it would come twice a year. He just said if you'd like to work with us, we'd be happy to have you.

ISTS Support Tech Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day from HR about setting up a Skype interview with a manager. I thought the interview went well, the interviewing manager was friendly. Asked basic HR questions, explained a lot about benefits and a little about the job. Told me I'd hear one way or another in a week and a half because he felt like that was professional.

A month and a half later I had to email the HR contact just to get an official answer even though I knew I wasn't going to get it. A week later they sent me a form email rejection. I got the feeling I was just filling an interview quota for the position.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Took about a month got an interview contacted screening then job. The process was not that stressful although you have to wait for the drug screenig. Afterwards you have to attend orientation at a particular location. Learning about ths company and offers are quite interesting really care about associates.

Interview Questions

• How can you potentially up sell products in this environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay well no negotiation necessary.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied in the store and ten days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple.I met with the store manager and she went over my resume. She told me about job, benefits, etc. One week later, I've got an offer, overall great experience

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied in the store and one week later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple.I met with the store manager and she went over my resume. She was very nice. One week later, I've got an offer, overall great experience

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Applied at kiosk in store, received a call back 2 weeks later. First interview was with the assistant manager and it was very relaxed; more of a "get to know you" type interview. They did ask about my previous customer service experience, and also to tell them about a time that I dealt with an upset customer and what did I do about to handle the situation. Was told during the first interview that they liked me and they would call me the next day for a second interview with the store manager. As expected, they called the next day to schedule the second interview. This interview took place 4 days after the first. The manager asked me what I know about Publix and then proceeded to explain the origins of the company to me (I honestly had not researched that question). The interview was again very relaxed and the manager explained how there's a lot of opportunity to advance within Publix. No unexpected questions. I feel like, as in the first interview, they were trying to get a feel for who you are as a person. Was called the next day with an offer for full-time employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly pay.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied for Publix at the kiosk in the store and 5 days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple. Meet with the store manager and go over your resume.

Interview Questions

• where you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy- In store and took about 40 minutes. About three weeks later they called me back for a interview. There were only three other competitors for the position. I arrived about 15 minutes early. The manager was very nice. Quite an easy interview I'll say. Overall a great experience and hope to get the job!