Publix

2.0

Warehouse Selector, Charts, Part Time, A M Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

I applied online just because i didn't think i would get an interview but about 3 weeks later, my store manager at Publix called me into her office to give me a paper saying i have am interview should i choose to accept. I acepted it because it couldn't hurt to get the experience. The interview was real easy and layed back and pretty much, the questions asked were in relation to detail and stacking pallets and for the most part, i didnt have any difficult questions because i was already a stock clerk in the grocery department at publix, so i prettt much assumed i was getting the job. The hours were Sat, Sun, Mon, and sometimes Tues, 4am to whenever, starting at 13 an hour until 3 months in which i can choose the SIP pay. About 4 days later, they notified my store manager that i got a second interview for a physical agility test meaning i got the job if i pass the test. I turned that interview down though becuase i got a job at the publix corporate office and whod pick a warehouse job over an office job. This guy who interviewed me told me this is a difficult job with a high turnover rate and people usually leave within a year or get fired.

Interview Questions

I declined because it wasnt the worth the risk of losing my career at publix if im not a fast enough worker and i didnt want to be in a hot warehouse all day for long hours. Its a very strenuous job and puts a beating on your body but the pay is good. Main reason i declined was to accept the corporate position i was offered. Well worth it for a more stable job but its a lot harder to get into corporate.

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

The application and interview process is very streamlined. If they schedule you for an interview then they want to hire you. Just dress conservatively and try not to talk too much. Research the company in places like this before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing asked was particularly difficult or unexpected. "Why do you want to work here" is probably the make or break question.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Very easy interview process, don't even have to dress nice for the interview. Fist you fill out your application on the computer then they will call you back in about a week with an interview with the manager then you will be offered the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just basic questions that any can answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Publix.

She was very nice and easy going, made jokes it was really relaxed. Basically we talked about skills important to the job. We went to the back room and she asked me questions like how quickly I could work, and if I could work nights.

Bagger/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Publix in September 2014.

I filled out an application In-store and then went home and called I spoke with a manager at the store and went to the store and gave her my resume and I recueved a call 2 weeks later and I went in for an interview and the next day got a second interview and got hire on the spot and did a drug test

Customer Service Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix in September 2014.

I applied at an application fair that Publix was holding. It was held in a hotel lobby as the store was not finished being built. Within 72 hours of applying, I was called by Publix to set up an interview time. I then went for my interview. Within 48 hours of the interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you bring to the table that would benefit Publix?   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I showed up 15 minutes early and was interviewed right away. I was not given a time frame of when I would know whether I earned the job but I'm qualified and think I did well. The process was very friendly and more of a laid back style. No questions asked are really difficult. Learn somethings about Publix's background and you will do well.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you do everyday that shows your attention to detail.   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

simple just tell them what they'll like to hear. especially include satisfying customers and have your schedule open,then you can change it later once hired ,interview was like 10 to 15 min long,they also asked me what are my hobbies..

Seafood Clerk Interview

Good, It went very well. Went to the store in South Carolina. Waited for like 15 mins for the interview. As soon as we got to the other room he gave me a job offer on the spot. I got offer so quick because of my past work history in a grocery store. I wanted the Seafood specialist Job because its more pay but you have to work your way up for that.

Publix Associate Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Publix.

There were 3 positions available and I was one of 6 candidates interviewing. The interview took about 30-45 minutes and the hiring manager went through several short pages of questions. Some were a bit ridiculous but was an overall good experience. Was told the decision would be made by the next day and would only be notified if I were being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best compliment you've received from someone?   Answer Question