Publix Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

The process was really easy. I expected worse, but the questions were very easy and straightforward with no pressure from the managers there. They also had me take an oral drug test there. You have to sit there for about 5-10 minutes after your interview is over, you've been hired, and they give you their pay idea for you. Then you just have to wait for the test to be done, sealed, and put away for shipping.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

There were two interviews.
    The office manager called for a first interview.
    After a week they called for a second interview and then they told me I was hired.
    Long interviews
    Explained skills, Experience and education
    They explained to me their expectations in the second interview
    They look for team players and excellent customer service skills
    I don't remember more details

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy interview. Met with the manager, and he asked me about what I plan to do in the future. He took a call in the middle of the interview, but I didn't really mind. By the end of the interview, I was offered a position at minimum wage. They made me take a mouth swab drug test, and then they sent me to some pretty dreadful classes. After the classes though, I started working and getting trained right away. Overall, an easy experience for my first job.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The .net programmer position advertised was really a real IT help desk role. I found that out during the interview process and they said "Yeah this is a developer position but it is good to know .net but we provide support as well. I wish these people were upfront about the position. It was a total waste of time. I Didn't hear back from them and I was glad since this was really a help desk role and not a developer role like advertised.

Interview Questions

• If a program hangs and you want to see what processes are running, what will you open in windows? Task manager.
      No questions at all related to .net.

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy process...managers were friendly. They ask for flexibility and adaptability. If you can do this, you will get the job for sure. The company is very customer service focused, so make sure to mention how would provide premier customer service

Interview Questions

• What would you do if face with a difficult customer ... This is a typical question   Answer Question

Negotiation

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

one interview, asked a few questions, background check. Did not ask many questions, it felt like they already knew that they were going to hire me. I only think that because my dad works higher in the company.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Bagger/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Do not remember the questions foer the interviews. I was hired the same day after training and drugs text.I got the job.iwas happy with the result because I did nott know what to expect

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in store and asked to speak to the store manager. The gentleman was fairly nice and shook my hand but told me they weren't hiring. I came back a few day later and spoke to the customer service manager and she took my name down and called me for an interview 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I talked to two people and went in for the interview only one time. I knew I had the job before I left.The interview was really easy. I then had to go to another store to do my training for another two days.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work there and questions about situations withy customers if they occured..   Answer Question

They offered more money at the time

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I called the manager on a Monday and was told that she didn't have any positions. However, she asked for my name & number in case anything came up. I applied the day after anyways, and then I got a call from her on that Friday asking for me to come for an interview. Interview was pretty brief and easy, it was just basic questions, nothing to hard. And she was very welcoming!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to, they agreed to pay me above minimum wage due to the fact that I have experience.