Publix

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.0

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I showed up 15 minutes early and was interviewed right away. I was not given a time frame of when I would know whether I earned the job but I'm qualified and think I did well. The process was very friendly and more of a laid back style. No questions asked are really difficult. Learn somethings about Publix's background and you will do well.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you do everyday that shows your attention to detail.   View Answer

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix in September 2014.

simple just tell them what they'll like to hear. especially include satisfying customers and have your schedule open,then you can change it later once hired ,interview was like 10 to 15 min long,they also asked me what are my hobbies..

Seafood Clerk Interview

Good, It went very well. Went to the store in South Carolina. Waited for like 15 mins for the interview. As soon as we got to the other room he gave me a job offer on the spot. I got offer so quick because of my past work history in a grocery store. I wanted the Seafood specialist Job because its more pay but you have to work your way up for that.

Publix Associate Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Publix.

There were 3 positions available and I was one of 6 candidates interviewing. The interview took about 30-45 minutes and the hiring manager went through several short pages of questions. Some were a bit ridiculous but was an overall good experience. Was told the decision would be made by the next day and would only be notified if I were being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best compliment you've received from someone?   Answer Question

Assistant Meat Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Publix.

All I had to do was submit an application and wait for a response from the employer. When I was called in he asked me if I was good with people, and if I could follow directions, and work hard. When he was done asking questions I took a drug test and that was it.

Stocker Interview

Applied on instore kiosk and received a phone call a month later. Interviewed the next day and was asked about previous customer service experience which I didn't have. Then afterwards I had to wait about a week, and then I got a phone call telling me I got the job, and I started the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a co-worker didn't follow protocol and what you did   Answer Question

CRM Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Publix in August 2014.

Contacted by a recruiting firm, set up initial interview screening, then a second interview with the hiring manager. Took about 2 - 3 weeks between interviews. Read carefully the details in the job description when applying on the website as the system might disqualify you immediately if you do not meet a minimum requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Basically during the interview they set up a problem in company that they are facing at the moment that is related to the position you are applying and they ask what would you do   Answer Question

Grocery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Publix in August 2014.

I went in filled out an application on the kiosk and spoke to the manager. Since it was Friday, he asked me to come into the store on Monday morning for an interview. On Monday, we spoke for about an hour. We talked about Publix's company culture, and he asked several standard interview questions. The interview was not difficult at all, and was a good interview process for this type of position. He wanted to know why I wanted to work at Publix, and if I'd had previous experience. My interviewer was a longtime employee there, and he was very knowledgeable about the company's history, their expansions throughout the Southeast, and their policies and procedures. He was friendly and we talked about colleges, and sports. I was offered a part-time job in the interview, and I accepted. Basically Publix wants you to be courteous, conscientious; and to care about your work. If you are a reasonably good employee, you should do fine during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   View Answer
    I was offered a fair wage, and I accepted w/o negotiation.

Grocery Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix in August 2014.

I interviewed at Publix with an MBA. I applied in store, spoke to a manager, and received a call-back for an interview in about 3 weeks. The managers who interviewed me spoke about the company culture and values. They asked me what my expectations were by interviewing for a position. They were friendly yet professional. They were very appreciative of my time. Very Straightforward. Asked qualitative behavioral question. They asked about strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing that frustrates you into future success.   Answer Question
    Do not negotiate.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix in August 2014.

Applied at the store through computer kiosk. Couple weeks later called for an interview with store manager. Next day (Saturday) met with Customer Service Manger. Offered a position on Monday.