Publix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Dacula, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was originally interviewed to be a grocery clerk/stocker. The man who interviewed me was very friendly and it was a very relaxed interview. He decided to go for someone else but suggested they interview me for customer service(something I was more experienced in). The second interview wasn't as relaxed although she was still very polite. I left unsure of how it went but was called back a few hours later and offered a position.

Interview Question – Name a time you resolved a problem with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A I was desperate to get out of fast food and was offered .75 more than I was making so I said yes and that was it.

Deli Associate Interview

Deli Associate
Florence, AL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Publix in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired in when a new store was opening. They were having a job fair in my town. If that is the situation go EARLY. While you are there get to know some of the people who are there for Publix. Talk it up and hope your application get put in the stack that they will actually go thru. Later found out that only a fraction of the application were looked at. Only went to one interview. Same usual questions you get asked: what's your long term plans, what can you do to make Publix a better place to shop and work for.

Interview Question – I was interviewing for the deli and was asked if I like to cook.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them what I had to have to leave my current job. Asked if I would take a .50 cut but I would get it back in 3 months. However, Publix had just cut out the 3 month raises so I went to the GM of the store I was training and explained what had happened. I was given my .50 back.

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in May 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out application at the application booth at one of the stores. Asked you to take a personality quiz during the application process. Called for an interview in which I interviewed with the Customer Service Manager and the Store Manager. Around a 30 minute interview and was offered the job immediately after the interview.

Interview Question – What happens when a customer has a bad shopping experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Able to start from previous rate from previous job.

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – I put in an application at the kiosk at the front of the store. Less than a week later I was contacted to come in for an interview. I spoke with the Customer Service Manager and then the Store Manager for a brief time. When they schedule a time for you to come back in for the drug test you have the job.

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Canton, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in July 2010.

Interview Details – You take a drug swab right there in store, then wait a week to get setup for orientation. Interview process is very informal with the store manager and department manager. Orientation is fun, but isn't what the company is really about. (Only the history of the company.) They will issue you shirts and aprons, but it's up to you to find pants and shoes. Some of the things not covered well enough are the 401k plan, medical benefits.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Publix?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple. They tell you what they're paying you and you accept.

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix in March 2014.

Interview Details – For the location I worked for the store manager hires all employees for every department. I was warned that the customer base was demanding and that the employee base was diverse.

Interview Question – Do you think you really want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Front Service Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Easy interview, more of a conversation than an interview. Just basic questions and an overview of the position responsibilities, benefits, and scheduling. Questions such as: Why Publix? Tell me about yourself. Name a time when you experienced poor customer service. Name a time when you experienced exceptional customer service. Why should I hire you for this job?

Interview Question – What is one thing that you didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Meals Clerk Interview

Meals Clerk
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was really fast and to the point first interview is with department manager or assistant store manager and second interview is with the store manager.

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit for Publix?   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Just had one interview, It was a simple interview since it was for a lower level position. The manager greeted me and took me to his office. He asked me some standard questions to basically get to know me and see what type of person I was. Publix wants good-hearted, friendly people.

Interview Question – Not really hard or unexpected just asked" What all can you do for he company?"   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Front Service Clerk

I applied in-person and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – I was hired in 2005 and had a very brief one-on-one interview with the store manager. The questions were simple and the interview as a whole was non-threatening. The next day I received a call that I was accepted into the position.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything truly difficult. I was only about 16 at the time and this was my first job, so the only hard-hitting question was really, "How often can you work?"   Answer Question