Publix

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

Applied in-store at Job Application Kiosk and multiple locations in the area received my application. Interview was about on-time and It was with the Store Manager. He was very relaxed and personal. It seems like they really want to know about you. 2 days later i received a call with a job offer and a time to come in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel working in customer service with no experience?   View Answer
    no negotiation.

Deli Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

I applied in store on the machine. The next day they called me asking for an interview on Monday since I applied Friday. Monday came and it was a very long interview. About 40 mins long. The manger was very nice but he did ask a lot of questions on customer service. Every possible question he could ask. So make sure you try to answer them all. He especially asks about how would you handle angry customers and why should you even bother making them happy

Interview Questions
    • Why is important to give customers the best experience at publix?   Answer Question
    Be very confident

Warehouse Selector, Charts, Part Time, A M Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

I applied online just because i didn't think i would get an interview but about 3 weeks later, my store manager at Publix called me into her office to give me a paper saying i have am interview should i choose to accept. I acepted it because it couldn't hurt to get the experience. The interview was real easy and layed back and pretty much, the questions asked were in relation to detail and stacking pallets and for the most part, i didnt have any difficult questions because i was already a stock clerk in the grocery department at publix, so i prettt much assumed i was getting the job. The hours were Sat, Sun, Mon, and sometimes Tues, 4am to whenever, starting at 13 an hour until 3 months in which i can choose the SIP pay. About 4 days later, they notified my store manager that i got a second interview for a physical agility test meaning i got the job if i pass the test. I turned that interview down though becuase i got a job at the publix corporate office and whod pick a warehouse job over an office job. This guy who interviewed me told me this is a difficult job with a high turnover rate and people usually leave within a year or get fired.

Interview Questions

I declined because it wasnt the worth the risk of losing my career at publix if im not a fast enough worker and i didnt want to be in a hot warehouse all day for long hours. Its a very strenuous job and puts a beating on your body but the pay is good. Main reason i declined was to accept the corporate position i was offered. Well worth it for a more stable job but its a lot harder to get into corporate.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Publix in October 2014.

The interview process was extremely professional. I waited on a bench outside of the office for about 10 minutes while they interviewed another person, and then I spoke with the store manager first, who asked me basic questions about why I wanted the job and how well I dealt with people. I then spoke with the Deli manager, who also asked many of the same questions. Both managers spoke with one another for almost 15 minutes while I waited on a bench, which made it very suspenseful--more so than it had been watching their poker faces during the interview-- and then I spoke with both of them at the same time. They were very hard to read and presented their concerns about my answers as well as what they liked and gave me a chance to explain/redeem myself when they didn't understand or misinterpreted any statements. I spent a lot of time feeling like I was going to have to grovel at their feet for the position due to a lack of clear wording. They picked apart everything I said. At the end, after stressing enough to take 10 years off of my life, the store manager looked at me and told me that he had decided to offer me a position, and asked if I would like to take him up on that offer. I was almost thoroughly flustered at that, simply because I'd just spent 2+ hours trying not to beg for this job. It seemed to me that it was obvious I wanted the job, and it was their choice to hire me. However, I appreciate that they followed through right to the end with professionalism instead of assuming I wanted the job. A few days later I was called for a second interview and they did a mouth swab drug test on the spot and took care of some basic paperwork. About a week later I got a call letting me know that everything came back and that they needed me to come in to take care of more paperwork and discuss orientation times and dates.

They care more about how well you work with people, and how friendly and courteous you can be to the customers. If you talk about how great your work ethics are (completing tasks on time and properly) and how punctual you can be, you'll wind up feeling pretty bad when they tell you that customer service is their number one priority and they don't really want to hear about the other. They certainly care about those aspects, however when being interviewed for a customer service position such as a bagger or cashier, focus on your people skills.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a specific question that struck me as being more difficult than the rest.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

The application and interview process is very streamlined. If they schedule you for an interview then they want to hire you. Just dress conservatively and try not to talk too much. Research the company in places like this before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing asked was particularly difficult or unexpected. "Why do you want to work here" is probably the make or break question.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Very easy interview process, don't even have to dress nice for the interview. Fist you fill out your application on the computer then they will call you back in about a week with an interview with the manager then you will be offered the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just basic questions that any can answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Publix.

She was very nice and easy going, made jokes it was really relaxed. Basically we talked about skills important to the job. We went to the back room and she asked me questions like how quickly I could work, and if I could work nights.

Bagger/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Publix in September 2014.

I filled out an application In-store and then went home and called I spoke with a manager at the store and went to the store and gave her my resume and I recueved a call 2 weeks later and I went in for an interview and the next day got a second interview and got hire on the spot and did a drug test

Customer Service Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix in September 2014.

I applied at an application fair that Publix was holding. It was held in a hotel lobby as the store was not finished being built. Within 72 hours of applying, I was called by Publix to set up an interview time. I then went for my interview. Within 48 hours of the interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you bring to the table that would benefit Publix?   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I showed up 15 minutes early and was interviewed right away. I was not given a time frame of when I would know whether I earned the job but I'm qualified and think I did well. The process was very friendly and more of a laid back style. No questions asked are really difficult. Learn somethings about Publix's background and you will do well.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you do everyday that shows your attention to detail.   View Answer