Publix Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.0

Programmer Interview

Applied and was contacted for a Skype interview within a week.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of SQL database questions that I was not prepared for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pompano Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

There was interview in person. Also you go there a few training process in there warehouse and in the store you will work in.

I would yes.

Bakery Clerk Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Publix.

Filled out application online and was called for an interview after about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    I was told what the hourly rate was and was asked if I'd like to think about it.

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in February 2014.

Interview was more of a conversation about Publix and my most recent experience. Just talked about expectations and what he was looking for in an employee. Talked about my future goals with the company and other departments I would be interested in at a later time.

Interview Questions
    Store manager made an offer and I accepted.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Weston, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in February 2014.

I applied in store at the Job Application Center. I got a call (on a Sunday) about a week after I submitted my application where an interview was set up for that Wednesday. The customer service manager conducted my interview, along with a deli manager who came in for part of it, since I would be working in the deli. However, the process was not much of an interview. After briefly talking about myself for less than five minutes, I was basically told I had the job. The rest of the process involved explaining some of the responsibilities I would have, filling out paperwork, and taking the saliva drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The only statement I had to respond to was "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Publix in February 2014.

why publix ? was the onlya question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

after you apply at a computer in store you first you get a call to come in for an interview you get to know you immediate manager and interiew with him or her then you aretold to wait for a call to come back and have a drug test done orally at the store if you pass then you get your orientation information for the next weekend.

Interview Questions
    • are you going to school and how does publix fit into your chose career path.   View Answer
    there really wasnt one it was my first job

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix.

I applied in-store and called a few times to make sure they knew I was really interested in interviewing. They finally scheduled one with me in the store, it was a solo interview. Usually the store manager takes part in the interviews but he was out of town so i was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager and the Customer Service Manager. They were very nice, emphasized that Publix was a family. I got a good feeling from them, and it made me want the job more. Sometimes I hear they hire you on the spot, but for me it was a day or so before I received the call that they'd like to offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked run-of-the-mill questions: what are your strengths, weaknesses, have you ever had to deal with an unhappy customer, what did you do, etc.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Publix.

The application has to be filled out in the store, once that is done, expect to get a phone call within the next two weeks. Associates normally have to complete to in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "What are your weaknesses" - This was my first time being asked this in an interview.   View Answer
    Wasn't really able to negotiate. I didn't have much kitchen experience so they gave me the starting salary. Kitchen experience, customer service certifications, etc. are very good and will give you leverage in negotiating your hourly rate

Cashier Interview

Once i got the interview, the interview was so laid back and easy. just be polite, talk about how you'd like more responsibility, show you would be good to work with customers.

no negotiation