Publix Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.0

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Publix.

Just had one interview, It was a simple interview since it was for a lower level position. The manager greeted me and took me to his office. He asked me some standard questions to basically get to know me and see what type of person I was. Publix wants good-hearted, friendly people.

Interview Questions
    • Not really hard or unexpected just asked" What all can you do for he company?"   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix in April 2014.

There is a computerized test you must take in the store. After completing the computerized test I went back in person every day and asked if they had time to look at my application. After about a week I got a call back for an initial interview. The first interview took about 10 minutes and was very basic, they set up a second interview on the spot. The second interview is what you would expect, questions about the companies history, products, previous employment, and past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who is not satisfied with the service he/she received?   View Answer
    During the computerized test you are asked how much you expect to make, but otherwise are unable to negotiate.

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

I was hired in 2005 and had a very brief one-on-one interview with the store manager. The questions were simple and the interview as a whole was non-threatening. The next day I received a call that I was accepted into the position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything truly difficult. I was only about 16 at the time and this was my first job, so the only hard-hitting question was really, "How often can you work?"   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix.

Very long time ago- was in high school and just looking for gas money. It turned into a great career in which I'm very proud of. I was looking for nights and weekends at the time.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $3.35 per hour, and I accepted happily.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Oh my goodness, the interview process was so easy! But originally the store manager was going to put me to work in the deli, and after calling several times, he said the deli position is closed but he offered me a job as a cashier! That was awesome!

Interview Questions
    • In the second interview, I was asked, "Besides the money, why do you want to work at Publix?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Publix in March 2014.

I found out a store in my area was hiring. Soon after my boyfriend got an interview, I put in my application and got a call a few days later. I've heard of the companies good reputation so I thought I would give it a shot as I've been looking for a part time job while I go to college in May. I returned the call and had an interview with a department manager the same day. Not only did he seem to be in a bad mood, but so did the CSR I spoke to beforehand. I waited for 20 minutes before getting to the interview, to which I initially felt pretty confident for. Although I don't have any customer service experience, I was looking to get my foot in the door. He asked about any nicknames I had, to which I didn't go by anything ot her than my first name. Immediately after he asked what I would want put on my epitaph/gravestone. The question completely threw me off as I hadn't really known the process of something like that. I told him I didn't understand the question to which he rolled his eyes before asking if I'd ever walked through a grave yard. After that, my motivation to obtain this job slowly dwindled. The questions ranged from my favorite color, my favorite historical figure and why, my GPA in school, to a question about different colored socks and since "I was going to be an engineer, I should be a good problem solver". If I would have gotten the job offer, I more than likely would not have taken it. The employees I spoke to in this process seemed a bit rude and unfriendly. I understand that every store is different, but these people represent the company and my experience was not good by any means.

Interview Questions
    • A question about what I wanted on my gravestone, a problem solving question about socks, and a favorite historical figure.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Publix in March 2014.

For the location I worked for the store manager hires all employees for every department. I was warned that the customer base was demanding and that the employee base was diverse.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Programmer Interview

Applied and was contacted for a Skype interview within a week.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of SQL database questions that I was not prepared for.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

There was interview in person. Also you go there a few training process in there warehouse and in the store you will work in.

I would yes.

Bakery Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Publix.

Filled out application online and was called for an interview after about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    I was told what the hourly rate was and was asked if I'd like to think about it.