Publix Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

1.9

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy. regular interview questions. Very low key. Asked about work history, ect. One on one with DM. Wanted to know about previous jobs, why you think public will be different, ect. Public is doing a lot of MTM and things like that and wanted to know if you think thats good.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix---A lot about the Public vision and mission   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Good offer, accepted

Any Available Position Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

There was no real "interview". Walked in, met with the Store Manager (he rambled on about himself and other irrelevant things), and I was hired on the spot. But then again, I earned a degree, and was looking for an entry-level job in a grocery store.

Support III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call the next day for an interview. It was very professional and a bit intimidating. They asked all the typical interview questions. They told me that I was asking too much in salary for the position when it wasn't even 14 dollars an hour requested. They can defiantly afford more for a position they claim have supervisory duties.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that is not doing their job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Savannah, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was beyond easy. My interviewer was very nice and outgoing. The definition of a "breezy" interview if I must say. My advice to anyone would be to just go to the interview with confident, and everything will just fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Augusta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. The store manager and assistant store manager interviewed me and did most of The talking. Which I definitely appreciated because sometimes interviews make me nervous. They let me know about the company and asked what's interests were to get a feel of the type of person I am.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you delt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call after about a week. Set the time and date, had the interview with a few simple questions, and was told I got the job. Super simple

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I filled out the application on-site and got a call within 3-4 weeks. At the time, I was a teenager on summer break from school. The interview process was very efficient; it was only the second job interview I'd ever had and I was pleased with how quick, professional, and respectful it was. Whenever I had to wait in the break room to be called in, the employees were very friendly to me. I received a phonecall giving me the job offer within two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Since this was my first job and I was 18, I was not offered any negotiations, nor did I request any.

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

you go to the machine and make an account then that ask you several questions divided into 4 parts, they also ask about days of the weeks an hourse that you are able to work. the applications takes about 45 minutes and they questions are each in like paragraph form

Interview Questions

• if a customer comes to you with a question that you are unexpierenced in and you see you co worker busy but she is famaliar with the question what do you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Clemson, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I made sure I called at least once a week to make sure they were looking at my application. Eventually, I had an interview with the customer service manager. It was quick, only about 10 minutes if that, and they said stheyhe would give me a call back later in the week if the store manager wanted to meet me. You must interview with the store manager in order to receive an offer, as they make the last decision. I met with the store manager and that interview was only about 10 minutes as well. I was told that I would receive a call if they wish to hire me. The next day I received a call offering me a position in the produce department, which wasn't what I originally interviewed for, but I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and get a dollar more on my salary because I explained I wanted to keep open availability which is very valuable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview seemed very straight forward. They were more curious about my ability to handle cash, do math, treat customers with respect, etc. Also, they wanted to know more about my schedule and when I would be available since my job is part time. Overall, it's not a hard interview. I felt very comfortable with the whole interview and just answered the questions honestly. It seems that Publix just wants honest employees who are willing to be team players and work hard.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a team player? What is one of your personality weaknesses?   Answer Question