Publix

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.0

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Told me a resume was not necessary, however I think it puts you over the top. Very casual, need to be extremely customer service oriented in many responses. Following up with stores regarding application is crucial. Also, be very energetic/charismatic during interview, Publix values employees that are happy and hardworking.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who was upset by a sale?   View Answer
    Was immediate, knew I received the job prior to leaving the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Publix.

First off Ill say I didnt expect to get called since I have applied to Publix several times over and nothing. I managed to get in and also had someone reccomend me who worked there. The interview went very smoothly I didnt feel nervous in the least and they didnt talk like "manager and employee". Very at ease with just the basic questions, nothing over the top just things like this --> (How would you define good customer service?, or a scenario of how would I deal with a difficult coworker) and for the most part I did very well and was hired on the spot. An oral drug test was done on the stop so druggies beware lol and it took like 30 minutes. The drug test took up more time for me because there were technical difficulties but make sure your mouth isnt bone dry before going in as I had to do it three times.

Stocking Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

I applied using their store system after I talked to the first manager I saw asking about job openings. I got a call for an interview two days later and was called back for a second interview three days later. I took a saliva drug test after the second interview and was offered a job. The interview process is pretty casual and nothing to worry about.

Cashier Interview

For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Senior Test Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Had a telephone interview as first step. Then had a personal interview which included SQL questions, testing methodologies questions, behavioral questions, previous work experience related questions, test case/test scenario creation questions.

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix in July 2014.

With high number of people looking for jobs and scare jobs I was at right place at right time. Close to the store so commute not an issue and being so close very convenient.

Interview Questions
    • what job I wanted and the overall working conditions and much about the history and successes of Publix in the very competitive grocery business.   View Answer

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

The interview process was very simple. Sine you log in all of your information of the computer prior to the interview they have all of your necessary and basic strengths and weaknesses. I was first asked to describe myself and tell the interviewer about my basic day to day schedule and what projects and events I was currently working on. Took a drug test right after the interview. All together lasted about 30 minutes.

Starting pay of $8. Above minimum wage for a first job

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I applied on the computer in the store but they never called me for an interview. So I passed by every week to speak to the manager until he finally succumbed to my persistence and interviewed me. I was a college student at the time so I already knew the basics of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not difficult at all. It was more like a conversation and getting to know each other.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.

GRS Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I had two interviews. The first one was with the manager over the area you would be working in and the next is with the store manager. As long as you pay attention, get there on time, and look professional, you will make a good first impression.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and why do you think are a good candidate for this position.   Answer Question