Publix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Dispatcher Interview

Analyst Dispatcher
Lakeland, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had to get the job through a contract agency called Hudson Global Resources located in Orlando Florida. The contract agency got my resume and called me to ask if I would like to interview for the job with publix. I went to the Lakeland office for Publix Supermarkets and spoke to the FTS supervisor. From the first time I spoke to the supervisor on the phone I just knew I had the job. He was very nice and open as to what I would be expected to do. I got a tour of the offices and spoke to the office workers there at the time and they were all nice and welcoming. After we spoke I knew that I had the position. He said he had one more interview but that so far I seemed the best candidate. The next morning I got a call from the Contract Agency offering me the position.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question he asked me was of all the famous people you can think of which one would you love to have dinner with? I think this was to test my personality. Just to make sure I was a good fit for the team he was assembling in that office. I said of all the people I would like to have dinner with it would have been Elvis Presley. The reason I would like to have dinner with him is because looking at how people "worship" him I guess would be the term by going back to his home and speculating how he may not even be dead, indicates to me he had something special about him. Some draw that I would like to know. I would like to ask him how he amassed so much love in his life time because that to me is the most important thing in life. The love of everyone around you and the love you give back to those people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me if I would like the job. They offered me the starting salery and gave me the option of a raise if I worked at least six months with no incident. I was told that if I made it a year I would be given an offer by Publix Supermarkets to be hired on fulltime to there company instead of staying with the contract agency which came with benefits of insurance and so much more.

Loader Interview

Loader
Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Took bout a month filled out the app got the call 3 weeks later had a interview was offered part time to start took my drug test on a Tuesday by that Friday I was working that easy

Interview Question – Nothing everything was upfront   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Selector
Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for my fiance using Publix's online job opening search. Warehouse selector positions in my town (Lakeland, FL) are always filled fast so they'll take the job posting down as quickly as it went up. You have to check it every day if you really want the job. I wrote him an awesome cover letter (which I never did before, so that probably got their attention.) He got a two responses immediately. One was the classic "we recieved your application" email and the second was a "you meet the initial qualifications" email. YOU MUST CHECK YOUR EMAIL DAILY. (The fist time he applied, he got an invitation to test and missed the 48 hour window!!!! Had to apply again not knowing if he was going to get the invitation to test again.) Well fortunately he did and he did the test almost immediatly (fear!) and two days later go an invitation to schedule his interview. He said the interview wasn't stressful at all, just asked him questions about his previous job, (and he's terrible at interviews so it's MUST have been laid back. he wore dress pants and dress shoes and a polo. *and looked adorable!) They said he'd hear back the beginning of the next week. Sure enough he heard back on tuesday (via EMAIL**check it! Publix loves to communicate via email ((And they LOVE thank you for your time letters after interviews)) He got an invitation to do the Physical Agility test and the mouth swab. After he passed the Physical Agility test, they offered him the position and made him take the mouth swab. (Offer is contingent upon the results) Now, we're waiting for the results. 1 week and he'll be employed by Publix!

Interview Question – They didn't ask ANY difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation SIP based pay

Front Service Clerk Interview

Front Service Clerk
Winter Haven, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in September 2012.

Interview Details – All my manager went into detail with me during my interview was how much I would get payed, my availability, details about my specific job position and he asked me how excited I was about working at Publix. I was surprised that there was not much to the interview and that he did not mind the fact that I was still in my school clothes either. Before that happened I had been applying at Publix ever since I was fifteen years old at one of those application kiosks. I always prayed and hoped that I would get a job and finally on September 22, 2012 I started working at Publix for my very first time.

Interview Question – How does $7.75 sound to you? This caught me by surprise because I did not expect to be offered the job right then and there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, I did not have a negotiation phase at my interview.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Front Service Clerk
Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Applied at kiosk, and then introduced myself to the store manager and customer service manager. Told them both why I wanted the job and why they should hire me before getting an interview. I went back to the store several times to let them know I am still interested; there are a lot of applicants at Publix, so it is important to stand out from the crowd.

I got an interview, and it was really simple. Nothing difficult or unexpected; really easy process.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Corporate Manager Position Interview

Corporate Manager Position
Lakeland, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in March 2012.

Interview Details – I thought the interview process was a little strange coming in with over 20 years of relevant experience. I had to take 4 hours worth of tests more difficult than my SAT's The worst part was the test had nothing to do with the job I was applying for. If they did, I would not have mind taking them. Also you sit there for four hours and nobody offered me a drink or restroom break. I would recommend anyone applying at the Lakeland office to study as you did for the SAT's, do plenty of brain teasers, etc...

Interview Questions

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Logistics Supervisor
Lakeland, FL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Publix in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online after the position was posted for Labor Day weekend. I was called 2 weeks later to come in the following week for testing. I went to the testing with 4 other Publix employees. Testing was 3 hours at HQ next to Polk Pkwy. Testing was 3 different testing, and the questions expect for the last package from Publix was harded then the SAT or any test I toke in College. I was called 3 weeks later to come in the following week for an interview. At the interview I meet with 3 gentlemen. Questions seemed to be designed in a workbook designed by Publix HR. Was told at the end I would need to take 1 more 30 mintue test and a decision would be made the the end of the week (3 days away). The last test was one a labtop on a room with a HR rep who gave me a prompt on a paper asking me to write a paper on a issue a company is having and how I can fix it. No call, but I recieved an email 2 week laters stating I did not get the job, only after I checked the website daily to finally see the position close under my online account.

This company internal is based on the good ole boy system. I heard it before I applied and even more after. Pass employees of Publix have told me that the only reason I did not get the job ( knowing that I qualified based on my skills and resume) is I did not work there before and I did not know someone( who knew someone) who was directly responsible in the hiring process.

Good Luck, if you apply for a HQ job....

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to face a employee who did not want face a company change?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in July 2011.

Interview Details – It started with phone interview then a testing day

Interview Question – Tell us why you are best fit   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Lakeland, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in June 2007.

Interview Details – Publix initially contacted me about 2 weeks after I had applied. During that phone call, I had a preliminary 30 minute "talk" session in order to get to know the department manager. About a week later, I was invited to the corporate office for a full interview with 2 members of the staff. The interviews mainly covered education background, prior work experience, my experience with the group we were supporting, and knowledge of Publix. I was then asked to look at a report and critique it.

Interview Question – Why would you want to move to Lakeland from "City X"? It's pretty boring down here and there isn't much for you to do down here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Lakeland, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in March 2008.

Interview Details – 1. Had a phone interview that was mostly informal to do review the position I was applying for
2. Took online IQ/Math test
3. Had interview with a manager and a SA
4. Offered position pending background check and drug test

Interview Question – What makes you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!