Publix

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Publix in September 2011.

I applied online after the position was posted for Labor Day weekend. I was called 2 weeks later to come in the following week for testing. I went to the testing with 4 other Publix employees. Testing was 3 hours at HQ next to Polk Pkwy. Testing was 3 different testing, and the questions expect for the last package from Publix was harded then the SAT or any test I toke in College. I was called 3 weeks later to come in the following week for an interview. At the interview I meet with 3 gentlemen. Questions seemed to be designed in a workbook designed by Publix HR. Was told at the end I would need to take 1 more 30 mintue test and a decision would be made the the end of the week (3 days away). The last test was one a labtop on a room with a HR rep who gave me a prompt on a paper asking me to write a paper on a issue a company is having and how I can fix it. No call, but I recieved an email 2 week laters stating I did not get the job, only after I checked the website daily to finally see the position close under my online account.

This company internal is based on the good ole boy system. I heard it before I applied and even more after. Pass employees of Publix have told me that the only reason I did not get the job ( knowing that I qualified based on my skills and resume) is I did not work there before and I did not know someone( who knew someone) who was directly responsible in the hiring process.

Good Luck, if you apply for a HQ job....

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to face a employee who did not want face a company change?   Answer Question