Publix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Logistics Supervisor
Lakeland, FL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Publix in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online after the position was posted for Labor Day weekend. I was called 2 weeks later to come in the following week for testing. I went to the testing with 4 other Publix employees. Testing was 3 hours at HQ next to Polk Pkwy. Testing was 3 different testing, and the questions expect for the last package from Publix was harded then the SAT or any test I toke in College. I was called 3 weeks later to come in the following week for an interview. At the interview I meet with 3 gentlemen. Questions seemed to be designed in a workbook designed by Publix HR. Was told at the end I would need to take 1 more 30 mintue test and a decision would be made the the end of the week (3 days away). The last test was one a labtop on a room with a HR rep who gave me a prompt on a paper asking me to write a paper on a issue a company is having and how I can fix it. No call, but I recieved an email 2 week laters stating I did not get the job, only after I checked the website daily to finally see the position close under my online account.

This company internal is based on the good ole boy system. I heard it before I applied and even more after. Pass employees of Publix have told me that the only reason I did not get the job ( knowing that I qualified based on my skills and resume) is I did not work there before and I did not know someone( who knew someone) who was directly responsible in the hiring process.

Good Luck, if you apply for a HQ job....

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to face a employee who did not want face a company change?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Publix

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix Logistics Supervisor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees and interview candidates.