Publix

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was really fast and to the point first interview is with department manager or assistant store manager and second interview is with the store manager.

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit for Publix?   View Answer

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in July 2013.

Interview Details – The company places their own application kiosks in the store. The application process took almost one hour, a bit longer than expected. I did receive a call back within a week which was truly welcomed. The company examines job openings for an physical area, so I was hired at a location different from my application location. An in person interview was conducted at the store, the managers themselves conducting the interview, no hr interface.

Interview Question – They did not present any odd or difficult questions. overall, the interview was a positive experience. They are quite candid that many people would not like to work at a grocery store but emphasis positive benefits for remaining at the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are not generally done; hiring Is prompt

Very Easy Interview

Indian Harbour Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Getting the interview is the hard part. It requires knowing someone who works at the store that will end up hiring you, or repeatedly pestering the management. It is also nearly impossible to get a job at Publix unless you offer them nearly unlimited hour availability.

Interview Question – There are no difficult or unexpected questions. If they have a job available and you have the relatively easy qualifications for the position, the interview is pretty much a formality.   Answer Question

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!