Publix

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fairview, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix in April 2013.

Interview Details – My interviewer was new to the interview process. She was probably as nervous as I was. I purposely did not include all the positions I had held in the past. There was only one interview with very few questions and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – My interviewer did not propose difficult or unexpected questions. The interview process was as basic and straight forward as I've ever experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a slightly better starting pay with minimal cashier experience.

Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in and thankfully I was able to go the same day. The store manager called me into his office and made me feel comfortable. He asked me why I wanted to work at Publix and where I saw myself in 5 years. He asked me if I was going to college to which I replied yes. I told him I aspired to become a nurse and that I heard Publix was a good place to work at and that it fit my schedule perfectly for school and work balance. He congratulated me and proceeded to tell me the importance of honesty in the company and on a personal level. He then told me what starting pay was and asked me when I could start the job, he told me it would be perfectly fine if I needed two weeks for my then employer walgreens. I accepted the pay rate and told him I needed two weeks. He then told me I would be getting a drug test, which to my surprise was done right at his office. The test was collected via Q tip and saliva and put into a plastic container and then sent back for testing.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked. Very casual interview.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in September 2013.

Interview Details – You are given and drug test when being interviewed and then you file out some paper work very easy process to get hired. You fill out an application in the store and get asked a personality questionaire.

Interview Question – how will you shine with your work   View Answer

Part Time Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Once you get the interview you basically got the job, take the drug test in house same day mouth swab, next they set up job training that's on Saturday and Sunday that's 4hrs of long videos that you really don't have to pay attention to but you get paid for going then you do another training at the publix your located at and then you start working.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in November 2012.

Interview Details – Apply before the season start (October) and try to have some connection can recommend you. Publix is a family company and they like to have the family work together

Interview Question – If you are looking for Part Time do not answer make a career because they want you full availability, say you love give an outstanding customer services.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the availability is key for them

Spring Hill, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was easy and was hired on the spot. Also Questions are very easy to answer. Hiring was very fast fpr me was offered pay and job that day and accepted.

Parrish, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in July 2011.

Interview Details – There is not much to say about the interview process it was a very easy interview. I had a private interview where the store manager asked me a couple questions and then I left.

Interview Question – They were all easy   Answer Question

Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in September 2012.

Interview Details – Drug test, then interviewed. Simple average questions. Hired on spot.

Interview Question – Why Publix?   Answer Question

Dacula, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was originally interviewed to be a grocery clerk/stocker. The man who interviewed me was very friendly and it was a very relaxed interview. He decided to go for someone else but suggested they interview me for customer service(something I was more experienced in). The second interview wasn't as relaxed although she was still very polite. I left unsure of how it went but was called back a few hours later and offered a position.

Interview Question – Name a time you resolved a problem with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A I was desperate to get out of fast food and was offered .75 more than I was making so I said yes and that was it.

North Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in March 2014.

Interview Details – I found out a store in my area was hiring. Soon after my boyfriend got an interview, I put in my application and got a call a few days later. I've heard of the companies good reputation so I thought I would give it a shot as I've been looking for a part time job while I go to college in May. I returned the call and had an interview with a department manager the same day. Not only did he seem to be in a bad mood, but so did the CSR I spoke to beforehand. I waited for 20 minutes before getting to the interview, to which I initially felt pretty confident for. Although I don't have any customer service experience, I was looking to get my foot in the door. He asked about any nicknames I had, to which I didn't go by anything ot her than my first name. Immediately after he asked what I would want put on my epitaph/gravestone. The question completely threw me off as I hadn't really known the process of something like that. I told him I didn't understand the question to which he rolled his eyes before asking if I'd ever walked through a grave yard. After that, my motivation to obtain this job slowly dwindled. The questions ranged from my favorite color, my favorite historical figure and why, my GPA in school, to a question about different colored socks and since "I was going to be an engineer, I should be a good problem solver". If I would have gotten the job offer, I more than likely would not have taken it. The employees I spoke to in this process seemed a bit rude and unfriendly. I understand that every store is different, but these people represent the company and my experience was not good by any means.

Interview Question – A question about what I wanted on my gravestone, a problem solving question about socks, and a favorite historical figure.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Publix

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix Part Time Cashier interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees and interview candidates.