Publix Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Augusta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. The store manager and assistant store manager interviewed me and did most of The talking. Which I definitely appreciated because sometimes interviews make me nervous. They let me know about the company and asked what's interests were to get a feel of the type of person I am.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you delt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call after about a week. Set the time and date, had the interview with a few simple questions, and was told I got the job. Super simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview seemed very straight forward. They were more curious about my ability to handle cash, do math, treat customers with respect, etc. Also, they wanted to know more about my schedule and when I would be available since my job is part time. Overall, it's not a hard interview. I felt very comfortable with the whole interview and just answered the questions honestly. It seems that Publix just wants honest employees who are willing to be team players and work hard.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a team player? What is one of your personality weaknesses?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very easy. I had been a teller in the bank so the manager knew I could handle people and money. The manager felt I had to be trustworthy and have a good work ethic because of my experience in the bank.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager offered me a certain wage but I said Oh, I was hoping the pay started a little higher since I am experienced with people and money.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied in the store and ten days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple.I met with the store manager and she went over my resume. She told me about job, benefits, etc. One week later, I've got an offer, overall great experience

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied for Publix at the kiosk in the store and 5 days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple. Meet with the store manager and go over your resume.

Interview Questions

• where you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Interview

In order to be considered for an interview at Publix, you must fill out an application at one of the stores. The application process may take 1 hour total. The interviewing process is fairly simple. Meet with the store manager and go over your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I had to apply at a hiring computer at the store. I was called to come in and was interviewed at the store and hired during that interview. During the interview, I was questioned by several staff members.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I working with a variety of people.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Once you get the interview you basically got the job, take the drug test in house same day mouth swab, next they set up job training that's on Saturday and Sunday that's 4hrs of long videos that you really don't have to pay attention to but you get paid for going then you do another training at the publix your located at and then you start working.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix in April 2014.

Interview

There is a computerized test you must take in the store. After completing the computerized test I went back in person every day and asked if they had time to look at my application. After about a week I got a call back for an initial interview. The first interview took about 10 minutes and was very basic, they set up a second interview on the spot. The second interview is what you would expect, questions about the companies history, products, previous employment, and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who is not satisfied with the service he/she received?   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the computerized test you are asked how much you expect to make, but otherwise are unable to negotiate.