Publix Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (Augusta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. The store manager and assistant store manager interviewed me and did most of
The talking. Which I definitely appreciated because sometimes interviews make me nervous. They let me know about the company and asked what's interests were to get a feel of the type of person I am.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you delt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very easy. I had been a teller in the bank so the manager knew I could handle people and money. The manager felt I had to be trustworthy and have a good work ethic because of my experience in the bank.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager offered me a certain wage but I said Oh, I was hoping the pay started a little higher since I am experienced with people and money.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied in the store and ten days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple.I met with the store manager and she went over my resume. She told me about job, benefits, etc. One week later, I've got an offer, overall great experience

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied for Publix at the kiosk in the store and 5 days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple. Meet with the store manager and go over your resume.

Interview Questions

• where you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Interview

In order to be considered for an interview at Publix, you must fill out an application at one of the stores. The application process may take 1 hour total. The interviewing process is fairly simple. Meet with the store manager and go over your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   2 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Once you get the interview you basically got the job, take the drug test in house same day mouth swab, next they set up job training that's on Saturday and Sunday that's 4hrs of long videos that you really don't have to pay attention to but you get paid for going then you do another training at the publix your located at and then you start working.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix in April 2014.

Interview

There is a computerized test you must take in the store. After completing the computerized test I went back in person every day and asked if they had time to look at my application. After about a week I got a call back for an initial interview. The first interview took about 10 minutes and was very basic, they set up a second interview on the spot. The second interview is what you would expect, questions about the companies history, products, previous employment, and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who is not satisfied with the service he/she received?   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the computerized test you are asked how much you expect to make, but otherwise are unable to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Miami, FL).

Interview

Oh my goodness, the interview process was so easy! But originally the store manager was going to put me to work in the deli, and after calling several times, he said the deli position is closed but he offered me a job as a cashier! That was awesome!

Interview Questions

• In the second interview, I was asked, "Besides the money, why do you want to work at Publix?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Publix (North Charleston, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

I found out a store in my area was hiring. Soon after my boyfriend got an interview, I put in my application and got a call a few days later. I've heard of the companies good reputation so I thought I would give it a shot as I've been looking for a part time job while I go to college in May. I returned the call and had an interview with a department manager the same day. Not only did he seem to be in a bad mood, but so did the CSR I spoke to beforehand. I waited for 20 minutes before getting to the interview, to which I initially felt pretty confident for. Although I don't have any customer service experience, I was looking to get my foot in the door. He asked about any nicknames I had, to which I didn't go by anything ot her than my first name. Immediately after he asked what I would want put on my epitaph/gravestone. The question completely threw me off as I hadn't really known the process of something like that. I told him I didn't understand the question to which he rolled his eyes before asking if I'd ever walked through a grave yard. After that, my motivation to obtain this job slowly dwindled. The questions ranged from my favorite color, my favorite historical figure and why, my GPA in school, to a question about different colored socks and since "I was going to be an engineer, I should be a good problem solver". If I would have gotten the job offer, I more than likely would not have taken it. The employees I spoke to in this process seemed a bit rude and unfriendly. I understand that every store is different, but these people represent the company and my experience was not good by any means.

Interview Questions

• A question about what I wanted on my gravestone, a problem solving question about socks, and a favorite historical figure.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

after you apply at a computer in store you first you get a call to come in for an interview you get to know you immediate manager and interiew with him or her then you aretold to wait for a call to come back and have a drug test done orally at the store if you pass then you get your orientation information for the next weekend.

Interview Questions

• are you going to school and how does publix fit into your chose career path.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there really wasnt one it was my first job