Publix Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.0

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in April 2014.

There is a computerized test you must take in the store. After completing the computerized test I went back in person every day and asked if they had time to look at my application. After about a week I got a call back for an initial interview. The first interview took about 10 minutes and was very basic, they set up a second interview on the spot. The second interview is what you would expect, questions about the companies history, products, previous employment, and past experiences.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a customer who is not satisfied with the service he/she received?   View Answer
During the computerized test you are asked how much you expect to make, but otherwise are unable to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairview, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix in April 2013.

My interviewer was new to the interview process. She was probably as nervous as I was. I purposely did not include all the positions I had held in the past. There was only one interview with very few questions and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer did not propose difficult or unexpected questions. The interview process was as basic and straight forward as I've ever experienced.   Answer Question
    I was offered a slightly better starting pay with minimal cashier experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in September 2013.

I was called in and thankfully I was able to go the same day. The store manager called me into his office and made me feel comfortable. He asked me why I wanted to work at Publix and where I saw myself in 5 years. He asked me if I was going to college to which I replied yes. I told him I aspired to become a nurse and that I heard Publix was a good place to work at and that it fit my schedule perfectly for school and work balance. He congratulated me and proceeded to tell me the importance of honesty in the company and on a personal level. He then told me what starting pay was and asked me when I could start the job, he told me it would be perfectly fine if I needed two weeks for my then employer walgreens. I accepted the pay rate and told him I needed two weeks. He then told me I would be getting a drug test, which to my surprise was done right at his office. The test was collected via Q tip and saliva and put into a plastic container and then sent back for testing.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. Very casual interview.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in September 2013.

You are given and drug test when being interviewed and then you file out some paper work very easy process to get hired. You fill out an application in the store and get asked a personality questionaire.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in November 2012.

Apply before the season start (October) and try to have some connection can recommend you. Publix is a family company and they like to have the family work together

Interview Questions
    • If you are looking for Part Time do not answer make a career because they want you full availability, say you love give an outstanding customer services.   Answer Question
    the availability is key for them

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Once you get the interview you basically got the job, take the drug test in house same day mouth swab, next they set up job training that's on Saturday and Sunday that's 4hrs of long videos that you really don't have to pay attention to but you get paid for going then you do another training at the publix your located at and then you start working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring Hill, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Publix in March 2013.

Interview was easy and was hired on the spot. Also Questions are very easy to answer. Hiring was very fast fpr me was offered pay and job that day and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parrish, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parrish, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Publix in July 2011.

There is not much to say about the interview process it was a very easy interview. I had a private interview where the store manager asked me a couple questions and then I left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Publix in September 2012.

Drug test, then interviewed. Simple average questions. Hired on spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dacula, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix in May 2013.

I was originally interviewed to be a grocery clerk/stocker. The man who interviewed me was very friendly and it was a very relaxed interview. He decided to go for someone else but suggested they interview me for customer service(something I was more experienced in). The second interview wasn't as relaxed although she was still very polite. I left unsure of how it went but was called back a few hours later and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you resolved a problem with an upset customer.   Answer Question
    N/A I was desperate to get out of fast food and was offered .75 more than I was making so I said yes and that was it.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!