Publix

Updated Dec 21, 2014

1.9

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

You fill out a kiosk application - bring documentation and resume WITH you as you always may get to interview on the spot.

Next step is Store Manager and Department Manager interview. Your interview sheet is printed and they write notes on it.

Next step if approved is the IN-STORE saliva drug test. They discontinued the pee test last I saw. Then if you pass and your background investigation passes, then you get hired IF they have room for you.

Other stores can pull from the hiring pool.

For Customer Service upgrade interviews they can do a credit check.

Interview Questions
  • How you handle other people - the more difficult part for some people is the psychological test in the kiosk.   View Answer
They offer a salary right there and explain that you can qualify for raises every six months that automatically happen if you get a good evaluation. I accepted what they offered which was below $10 per hour but it's worth it to work there.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Part Time Cashier Interview

Interview with two mangers, just have a good smile and be yourself

Interview Questions
    • Asked basic question, why you want the job, tell me about yourself, are you a minor   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

after you apply at a computer in store you first you get a call to come in for an interview you get to know you immediate manager and interiew with him or her then you aretold to wait for a call to come back and have a drug test done orally at the store if you pass then you get your orientation information for the next weekend.

Interview Questions
    • are you going to school and how does publix fit into your chose career path.   View Answer
    there really wasnt one it was my first job

Part Time Cashier Interview

In order to be considered for an interview at Publix, you must fill out an application at one of the stores. The application process may take 1 hour total. The interviewing process is fairly simple. Meet with the store manager and go over your resume.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

I applied for Publix at the kiosk in the store and 5 days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple. Meet with the store manager and go over your resume.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Very easy. I had been a teller in the bank so the manager knew I could handle people and money. The manager felt I had to be trustworthy and have a good work ethic because of my experience in the bank.

Interview Questions
    The manager offered me a certain wage but I said Oh, I was hoping the pay started a little higher since I am experienced with people and money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Oh my goodness, the interview process was so easy! But originally the store manager was going to put me to work in the deli, and after calling several times, he said the deli position is closed but he offered me a job as a cashier! That was awesome!

Interview Questions
    • In the second interview, I was asked, "Besides the money, why do you want to work at Publix?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix in January 2013.

Well, first off it really helps if you know someone, and also if you are confident in yourself, in my case i walked up to the store manager directly and let him know i had broad experience and was really interested in working for this great company, and also i am bilingual. He of course said he wasn't sure if they were hiring(like all employers do).
    So i went and applied anyway.
    I called everyday to check the status of my application until i was called to come in for and interview. The drug test was strange. But basically if you are interviewed with this employer, you basically have the job in the bag.

wages, they tried to start my pay at 7.25. but i let them know that i was worth more, not only for my experience and bilinguality, but also i made more at all previous jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Publix in September 2012.

Not very detailed interview. Just told me about Publix and stressed this was a psychically demanding job. (Standing for long periods of time)

Interview Questions
    • No questions directed to me. Just told me about Publix.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix in March 2013.

Interview was easy and was hired on the spot. Also Questions are very easy to answer. Hiring was very fast fpr me was offered pay and job that day and accepted.