Publix Produce Clerk Interview Questions

1.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Publix in June 2012.

Pretty standard interview. No real difficult questions, although for this position they were looking for someone who would work odd hours: 4am to 1pm. I said I was fine with that, but that I was going back to school at the end of the summer, and I think that made them reluctant. I thought I was pretty qualified, but apparently they weren't interested.

Interview Questions
  • The manager handed me a box of pop-tarts and said, "Here, sell this to me."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Publix in July 2009.

It is fairly easy to get a job at Publix. They sometimes (not always) hire people starting at age 14. I started working at the Destin Publix when I was 15. The application process is automated, and must be done at an in store kiosk. The interview was not too hard either. I didn't even have to rehearse or prepare for it, and I was still hired on the spot (this may be partly because I applied right before the summer season, and it gets BUSY during that time).

Most of the interview questions were pretty basic, like "Tell me about yourself", "what do you think makes a good employee", "what was the hardest decision you made this year and why", "are you a leader or a follower", "how can you contribute to this store", etc.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself"
      "what do you think makes a good employee"
      "are you a leader or a follower"
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in March 2012.

After you get a call back, the store or department manager will interview you personally. They'll do a typical question process determining your personality and work ethic while reviewing your application with you. If they like what they see they'll give you a call back for a second interview. Getting a second interview means you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose Publix over any other grocery store?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in July 2010.

Filled out the application on the computer, met with the store manager, 10 minute un-official interview then followed. two days later met with assistant store manage who administered a drug test, and formally gave me an interview. one week later I started orientation

Interview Questions
    simple. It dealt with hourly pay rate only as I have had significant past experience in the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix in March 2012.

Filled out application on computer located within the store and received a call about a month later from the produce manager. He explained the duties of a produce clerk and asked my experience within retail and any grocery experience, and why I might be interested in working with produce. The process was comfortable and easy, like talking to a friend I'd known for a while.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Publix in September 2008.

I received a call from the regional HR rep after applying on their intranet application. They expressed interest for an interview which was scheduled immediately for the following week. Prior retail.grocery experience and career interests seemed like their major reasons for following up the application with a 1:1 interview. Professionalism is definitely looked for and appreciated.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were made after an initial job offer. Since I would have to travel farther then another local Publix they increase my starting wage to offset the inconvenience and gas costs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Publix in October 2008.

I had worked for Publix in the Deli, a position opened in Produce, I ROI'ed, interviewed, and was hired.

Applied in the store
    Received a call that following week
    Basically informed about the job and what they were looking for

They made an offer and I accepted it

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!