Publix

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix in January 2012.

I applied for my fiance using Publix's online job opening search. Warehouse selector positions in my town (Lakeland, FL) are always filled fast so they'll take the job posting down as quickly as it went up. You have to check it every day if you really want the job. I wrote him an awesome cover letter (which I never did before, so that probably got their attention.) He got a two responses immediately. One was the classic "we recieved your application" email and the second was a "you meet the initial qualifications" email. YOU MUST CHECK YOUR EMAIL DAILY. (The fist time he applied, he got an invitation to test and missed the 48 hour window!!!! Had to apply again not knowing if he was going to get the invitation to test again.) Well fortunately he did and he did the test almost immediatly (fear!) and two days later go an invitation to schedule his interview. He said the interview wasn't stressful at all, just asked him questions about his previous job, (and he's terrible at interviews so it's MUST have been laid back. he wore dress pants and dress shoes and a polo. *and looked adorable!) They said he'd hear back the beginning of the next week. Sure enough he heard back on tuesday (via EMAIL**check it! Publix loves to communicate via email ((And they LOVE thank you for your time letters after interviews)) He got an invitation to do the Physical Agility test and the mouth swab. After he passed the Physical Agility test, they offered him the position and made him take the mouth swab. (Offer is contingent upon the results) Now, we're waiting for the results. 1 week and he'll be employed by Publix!

Interview Questions
  • They didn't ask ANY difficult questions.   View Answer
No negotiation SIP based pay