Publix Stock Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Publix (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

The interview was years ago.. I remember being asked about good I am at serving customers and how would I handle a certain situation. Its a pretty easy interview just remember to wear a proper dress coat for interview because it counts as well.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy- In store and took about 40 minutes. About three weeks later they called me back for a interview. There were only three other competitors for the position. I arrived about 15 minutes early. The manager was very nice. Quite an easy interview I'll say. Overall a great experience and hope to get the job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

it was short and simple and the manager was extremely friendly and very laid back, plus you take the drug test right there, it is a flat cotton swab you put in your mouth for like 10 minutes. the manager liked that I didn't have much experience because he liked to train the employees.

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Publix (Naples, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Quick interview drug test shortly after. Not much to it after the first online test. Good company if you want to move up with them. But can be very stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied in the store and was referred by a friend. Called into the store by store manager to interview. Basic questions about my behaviors and past experience. Why I would be a good fit, etc. Was hired on the spot and asked when I could start. They did a drug test and set up a date for orientation. Entire process took roughly a month

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to do something unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

Walk in and answer questions. If you seriously can't get a job doing something as easy as this then don't even bother. I mean come on, my three year old cousin could get this job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have exp. working in this enviroment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a easy interview process. They are very large company so they are always looking for qualified canadates to fill positions. Just dress nice, use your manners and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was just fine.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Publix (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was informal easy generic questions just to see is I had some common sense and wouldn't slack off

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Anderson, SC) in March 2011.

Interview

Filled out a kiosk application at the store I wanted to work at. After about a week, I got a phone call from Publix asking if I was still interested. We set up an interview for the following day. It was not mentioned that the interview would take place at a different location. Due to this, I was almost late for the interview, as I first showed up to the location that I had applied at. The interview was with the store manager and head of the grocery department. It took about an hour, and was very positive. I had a great time actually, and learned a lot about the company. I was hired before I left. Three days later I had an orientation at the location that I had initially applied at. This took three 10 hour days, for which I was paid minimum wage. Orientation was far overdone. The day following my last day of orientation I started work. If you want a job with Publix: Research the company first because they are all about Publix. Be positive and smiley. Ask questions as this will show an interest in being a part of their family. Dress well to the interview. Most of the people I worked with were great to be around and were always willing to help me learn. The work was physically demanding, especially for the first three months. There were a couple of people working there who 'gave the place character'. One who seemed to push blame on me to make himself look that much better than someone he worked with; whether the blame belonged to him or was just something that happened. Another started out fine and later seemed to try to instill a sense of discontent with the job in his fellow stock clerks.

Interview Questions

• Which of you weaknesses hold you back the most?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initially I started with $9.75 an hour. I did not sense any room for negotiation, so I did not. Upon my first review, no opportunity for a raise was permitted by the company. I had been told this at orientation so I did not challenge it. Upon my second orientation, I had an opportunity for a raise. If you really play yourself up and point out all of your strengths, while downplaying all of you weaknesses, you may get a raise or full time.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

the hiring process seemed to go very smoothly and when i was hired they were able to train me in the right things in order for me to get to where i wanted within the company. i had a greate time working for this company.