Publix

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in March 2009.

Interview Details – the hiring process seemed to go very smoothly and when i was hired they were able to train me in the right things in order for me to get to where i wanted within the company. i had a greate time working for this company.

Interview Question – how long it would take to move up?   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in October 2008.

Interview Details – One interview with assistant manager and I was hired because the store manager was out on vacation. I went in to a store in the area I wanted to work and was hired by one about 10 miles away. They were very upfront with how things operated but their scheduling practices were not relayed well. They basically expect you to be available for any schedule with very little notice if you want to be full time.

Interview Question – How did you solve a most difficult situation you were in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me the starting pay and the schedule and I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Anderson, SC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in March 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out a kiosk application at the store I wanted to work at. After about a week, I got a phone call from Publix asking if I was still interested. We set up an interview for the following day. It was not mentioned that the interview would take place at a different location. Due to this, I was almost late for the interview, as I first showed up to the location that I had applied at.

The interview was with the store manager and head of the grocery department. It took about an hour, and was very positive. I had a great time actually, and learned a lot about the company. I was hired before I left.

Three days later I had an orientation at the location that I had initially applied at. This took three 10 hour days, for which I was paid minimum wage. Orientation was far overdone. The day following my last day of orientation I started work.

If you want a job with Publix: Research the company first because they are all about Publix. Be positive and smiley. Ask questions as this will show an interest in being a part of their family. Dress well to the interview.

Most of the people I worked with were great to be around and were always willing to help me learn. The work was physically demanding, especially for the first three months.

There were a couple of people working there who 'gave the place character'. One who seemed to push blame on me to make himself look that much better than someone he worked with; whether the blame belonged to him or was just something that happened. Another started out fine and later seemed to try to instill a sense of discontent with the job in his fellow stock clerks.

Interview Question – Which of you weaknesses hold you back the most?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initially I started with $9.75 an hour. I did not sense any room for negotiation, so I did not.

Upon my first review, no opportunity for a raise was permitted by the company. I had been told this at orientation so I did not challenge it.

Upon my second orientation, I had an opportunity for a raise. If you really play yourself up and point out all of your strengths, while downplaying all of you weaknesses, you may get a raise or full time.

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was informal easy generic questions just to see is I had some common sense and wouldn't slack off

Interview Question – Previous work history   Answer Question

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!