Publix Stock Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

The interview was years ago.. I remember being asked about good I am at serving customers and how would I handle a certain situation. Its a pretty easy interview just remember to wear a proper dress coat for interview because it counts as well.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

it was short and simple and the manager was extremely friendly and very laid back, plus you take the drug test right there, it is a flat cotton swab you put in your mouth for like 10 minutes. the manager liked that I didn't have much experience because he liked to train the employees.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Valdosta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

They asked me a lot of straight forward questions about my experience and availability. They then just spent the rest of the time asking me what my goals were with publix and what I would do to achieve them. They ended with an immediate offer which I accepted on the spot and began working two weeks later. Overall was as easy as can be.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied in the store and was referred by a friend. Called into the store by store manager to interview. Basic questions about my behaviors and past experience. Why I would be a good fit, etc. Was hired on the spot and asked when I could start. They did a drug test and set up a date for orientation. Entire process took roughly a month

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to do something unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

Walk in and answer questions. If you seriously can't get a job doing something as easy as this then don't even bother. I mean come on, my three year old cousin could get this job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have exp. working in this enviroment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

simple questions , took less than half an hour , they are just looking for people to work seasonal until the birds fly north, they will fill you with false promises ( could lead to full time) questions were basic and simple.

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience do you have,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a easy interview process. They are very large company so they are always looking for qualified canadates to fill positions. Just dress nice, use your manners and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was just fine.

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Anderson, SC) in March 2011.

Interview

Filled out a kiosk application at the store I wanted to work at. After about a week, I got a phone call from Publix asking if I was still interested. We set up an interview for the following day. It was not mentioned that the interview would take place at a different location. Due to this, I was almost late for the interview, as I first showed up to the location that I had applied at. The interview was with the store manager and head of the grocery department. It took about an hour, and was very positive. I had a great time actually, and learned a lot about the company. I was hired before I left. Three days later I had an orientation at the location that I had initially applied at. This took three 10 hour days, for which I was paid minimum wage. Orientation was far overdone. The day following my last day of orientation I started work. If you want a job with Publix: Research the company first because they are all about Publix. Be positive and smiley. Ask questions as this will show an interest in being a part of their family. Dress well to the interview. Most of the people I worked with were great to be around and were always willing to help me learn. The work was physically demanding, especially for the first three months. There were a couple of people working there who 'gave the place character'. One who seemed to push blame on me to make himself look that much better than someone he worked with; whether the blame belonged to him or was just something that happened. Another started out fine and later seemed to try to instill a sense of discontent with the job in his fellow stock clerks.

Interview Questions

• Which of you weaknesses hold you back the most?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initially I started with $9.75 an hour. I did not sense any room for negotiation, so I did not. Upon my first review, no opportunity for a raise was permitted by the company. I had been told this at orientation so I did not challenge it. Upon my second orientation, I had an opportunity for a raise. If you really play yourself up and point out all of your strengths, while downplaying all of you weaknesses, you may get a raise or full time.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied on a computer in the store. It asked a lot of customer service related questions. After that they brought me in and asked me a little about myself and told me I needed a haircut. I got hired and got a haircut.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you have accomplished that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Delray Beach, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

2 managers about scenarios of what to do if someone was shoplifting, how do you feel about providing premier customer service. Are you ok with with helping another dept when needed.

Interview Questions

• previous and verification of previous employers   1 Answer

Negotiation

they wanted 8.50, but I was firm in stating that was not an option, and the lowest pay-grade I would consider was 9.50. I in-turn got that paygrade.