Publix

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.3

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I applied online through the Publix careers web site. A few days later I received an email inviting me to take an online test (work attitude survey). I completed the test within the time frame they gave (48 hours).

Then came the long wait. About 2 weeks went by before I heard back from Publix. They emailed me to let me know I had been selected to interview for the position. The email contained a link to a site which had multiple dates/times to choose from for the interview. I selected the earliest date and time. I thought it might show I was very interested in the position

Fast forward to the interview. I arrived 25 minutes early. It took about 10 minutes to park, clear the security gate and get to the building in which the interview was held. So I still arrived 15 minutes early like their carrers site suggests. I waited for about 5 minutes before being taken back for the interview. Side note I wore dress pants with a shirt and tie and dress shoes. I also was clean shaven. I wanted to make a good impression even though it was essentially an entry level job.

The interview was really laid back. And by laid back, I mean laid back! It was as if I just stopped by to talk with a friend. I expected a traditional formal type interview so I was thrown off guard with how relaxed it was. The interview consisted of a brief resume review (bring a copy of your resume, I did and it was very much appreciated). I was asked a little about my employment history and my current job title. Then I was told the interview consisted of 8 simple questions. Starting with the most obvious question 'why publix?'. I was asked each question and gave the best answer I could. These questions seemed to fly by and before I knew it I was asked if I had any questions. I'm glad I prepared some to ask. Asking my questions and receiving answers lasted longer than the previous part of the interview. I asked questions that I actually wanted to have answered and not one just to look good. I asked about what my top priority would be if I got the job, the attitude amongst the warehouse staff, any uniform requirements and if he could explain how the standard index pay system worked. This last question actually helped out with knowing what the pay scale was without directly asking how much will I earn.

From what I was told it seemed as if the main concern for management was to have dependable employees who would turn up everyday and didn't mind fast paced repetitive work. My almost perfect attendance at my current job of 10 years helped reassure my point and I made sure to let him know that I was interested in the position and that repetitive physical work is what I am used to.

After I finished my questions I was aked if I wanted to see the warehouse. I said yes. While in there he explained what inventory they have, what the selectors do and how they do it.

We returned back to the interview room where I was given a a timeline of when I would hear back from the employment office on whether I got the job or not. 2-3 weeks was the timeline. Then the interview was over.

I left feeling not too confident. Only for the fact that it was really laid back. 3 long weeks went by before I got a call from the employment office inviting me to come by to complete a physical agility test. I went and it was a basic strength and dexterity test. Testing pushing, pulling and squeezing on their special equipment. I was then told I passed and then given the official job offer. Took a drug test and the results will determine if I get the job or not. I don't do drugs so the job is mine.

I wrote a long review because I couldn't find any in depth reviews while searching online so I hope this is helpful or it adds some insight into the interview process

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I showed up 15 minutes early and was interviewed right away. I was not given a time frame of when I would know whether I earned the job but I'm qualified and think I did well. The process was very friendly and more of a laid back style. No questions asked are really difficult. Learn somethings about Publix's background and you will do well.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you do everyday that shows your attention to detail.   View Answer

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix in December 2011.

After my application was chosen for an interview. They sent an email and called me. The person who interviewed me could only recommend me for the the job. The process felt very personal. They called two days later to offer me the the job and scheduled a background check, physical ability test, and drug test.