Pubmatic

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.8

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pubmatic.

I was reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn. She was really friendly in her email and I responded that I would be open for a chat.
    Our initial call we talked about what I was doing now, how the role she was thinking of for me would align with my background and what I was looking for in my next career move. It was one of the best recruiter conversations I ever had and for that reason, I was very excited.

Next call was with the hiring manager - also positive. Then I came in and met with the team. I liked everyone and the role. I got an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with a problem with a customer when a co worker's mistake or error caused it?   View Answer
    • How do I feel my role contribute to the success of my last/current employer?   View Answer
    I negotiated with the recruiter and she had my best interests in mind.

Junior Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pubmatic in August 2014.

I got a phone interview with recruiter. He was very friendly and gave me any positive feedbacks. The questions he was asking were very professional. Then I had another phone interview with direct supervisor. She is nice and fair person. Her questions were more like how you perform the job and try to figure out your working style. We really had good chemistry, and I felt she likes me because both of us have very strong media background. Overall I think I did pretty good. After it she invited me to an on-site interview following week with Assistant Controller and another person I will work with closely. I did a good interview with the coworker. She just asked some typical interview questions, nothing so tricky. The only one turned me off is the Assistant Controller. Starting from he entered the interview room, his eye brows were twisted together and glanced at me (never experienced that before). It made me very nervous and felt unwelcome. I thought I said something or did something wrong. I almost forgot what I would like to say. Then I decided not look at him anymore. At the end of the interview he was smiling that made me feel better. Recruiter said will call me after two days with feedback, but never called. I guess it's a no offer. Anyway like the other postings said this company is a little bit disorganized, and they are not sure about each position they are hiring. I think this job is still open. Wish others have better chances to get it.

Interview Questions
    • What you think will be the most challenging part of this job?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pubmatic.

The process took about 2 months from applying. They called for a 45 min phone interview and didn't reply for a good month. After the 2nd round of interview, it took another 2 weeks for them to answer. Hiring manager didn't give give feedback when asked.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pubmatic in March 2014.

I applied through linkedin. Then I had a call with the recruiter and then the Director of Engg. Some technical questions on Java, multithreading on the phone. I was called in to meet with the engg team - first interviewer was a data architect and he asked me architecture questions followed by some database questions. Then 2nd interviewer was one of the founders - he asked me a lot of database questions, compare nosql versus sql, primary vs secondary indexes in certain scenarios. 3rd interviewer was an architect and he asked high level design questions based on distributed clusters, fault tolerance.
    It seemed from the interviews that they wanted specific ETL/database tuning skills and not developer skills.
    The recruiter also spoke with me for sometime asking me general HR questions.
    At the end, I was told I would hear back in 24-48 hours. It has been weeks now and have heard nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Something about a flexible in-memory data store. Turned out to be related to a metamarkets(druid) application they use.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pubmatic in January 2014.

The interview process was unorganized and unprofessional. Company was not clear about why they wanted to hire for the position and I am guessing they did not fill the position. I was not informed of outcome after four rounds with eight people across three cities and two continents. The recruiter / HR was clueless in the process and just a goat. Sheer waste of everyone's time.

Not to Disclose Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pubmatic.

I applied the position online, the process includes 2 phone interview and 2 onsite over 3 months. The process is horrible. The people in this company are arrogant. They never respect the applicant time. They never ask applicant what is a good time for you, they just give you a time. After the schedule set, they change it again and again. When I went to onsite, they kept me waiting an hour without any explanation. After each interview, there is no feed back and they do not answer your email.

Account Executive Interview

Applied online, and was contacted within 24 hours by their human resources department.

Very professional interviewer and knowledgeable about PubMatic's services.

Asked very standard questions like how did you hear about PubMatic? Why did you leave your last 3 jobs? What kind of environment do you perform best in? If there was a problem or something went wrong with your client, what would you do? Describe the best supervisor you ever had?

Interview Questions
    • Describe PubMatic's platform and what benefits does it provide a company?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pubmatic.

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn for an opportunity that matched my background.

Did an initial screen for 30 minutes that dived into my revenue goals, process of how to prospect, whether I like to develop new territories or service existing ones, and other related questions like how my role contributed to my current company's goals, etc.

It was a really in-depth recruiter screen and I felt like I was really being heard for who I was and what I could bring to the table. Got me more interested in them! Most recruiters just want to make sure you can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Recruiter let me know that a coordinator would reach out with next steps after I completed a personality survey.

Few days later I had a call with the hiring manager, which was also detailed and insightful about the opportunity and company culture.

I have to admit I initially took the call because I was somewhat interested to learn more but as the process progressed, I became increasingly interested.

After that, I had to wait to hear back from them as they were talking to other candidates.

Then I was invited to come into the offices and meet the team.

This was a very extensive interview process that had me on a whiteboard explaining the whole ad serving process.

As I met the team, I became more and more interested in Pubmatic. Everyone was great and seemed happy to be there - that their role was contributing to the company.

I had a c level interview a few days later and shortly after got an offer that I accepted!

Interview Questions
    • Explaining the whole ad serving process; case question how an architectural change would affect DSP spend.   View Answer
    I negotiated with my recruiter. Advice - be transparent about what you need to earn to live. Their recruiting team is your advocate

I Choose Not to Disclose This Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pubmatic.

Kept dangling an offer for months..never came into fruition, the recruiting team needs to do a better job of communication and being forth right with candidates, other wise outlets like Glassdoor will be filled with bad candidate experiences.

Interview Questions
    • It wasnt the questions or the interview process that was difficult, it was the candidate experience and most likely the immature recruiting team that made this a bad experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Pubmatic in April 2012.

too many interviews. i must have had 9! took way too long