Puget Sound Energy

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

EIT Engineer In Training Interview

EIT Engineer In Training

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call to set up with a Skype interview with two engineers. But the interview was just about behavior questions. Result came after a week, no offer.

Interview Question – What interests you about this position in PSE?

What special aspects of your work experience and education have prepared you for this position?

In a big picture, what is important to you in a company? What things do you look for in our organization?

strengths and weaknesses.

Describe a difficult obstacle you had to overcome, how did you handle it and how did you learn from it.

Please describe for us your decision making style.

Describe the best team environment you participated in.

What kind of job do you see yourself holding 5 to 10 years from now?

Tell us the biggest or the most important presentation you have given.

Describe the most significant success and the failure in the last a few years. Start with the success and when you talk about the failure, how did you learn from it?

So what would you do if there is policy within your working group that you did not agree with?.
  Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very comfortable interview. Three member panel- each had different questions to ask. Technical as well as personal questions asked. Never felt under immense pressure. Hiring process didn't take too long. Great communication.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected was asked, I was well prepared, and felt comfortable throughout entire interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Customer Service Representative I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in November 2011.

Interview Details – straight forward hiring process, very long background check, textbook questions

Interview Question – what is your favorite animal   Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Call Center Supervisor
Bothell, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a brief phone interview. Second interview was with a panel of supervisors: one peer, one who would be my supervisor, and one who was her supervisor. Mostly behavior based questions about leadership style and past handling of managerial challenges. Final interview was a round robin with two other candidate involved. We took turns going through "stations." One was another interview with a panel of supervisors, one was an interview with a panel of direct reports, and one was call center observation.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initially called into first interview with hiring manager and 2 peers. Called back 1 week later for 2nd round interview with same hiring manager and a senior manager. Was called back 2 weeks later with job offer. Interviews were fairly laid back and behavioral based. I was made comfortable as the interviewers were friendly, up front, and seemingly down to earth. Seemed to be painful delays between interviews and next steps. Apparently a director was on vacation was the reason for the 2 week duration between 2nd interview and phone call with job offer. Overall a pleasant experience with the in person interviews but nerve wracking with regard to the lag between steps.

Interview Question – What are the first 3 things you will do when you walk into the office on your first day?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy.

Interview Details – My resume was forwarded by someone who was then working at PSE to a hiring manager. That person then told me to apply online. I did. I was called for an onsite interview. Lasted about 1 hour. A healthy mix of technical and personality type questions.

Interview Question – None, standard type questions on aspirations, why PSE, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do negotiate. All managers have some wiggle room in their budgets. They almost low-ball you expecting you to negotiate.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in December 2009.

Interview Details – Except for helping to place the initial ad, HR does not do a lot in the recruiting process. The hiring manager is on his/her own.

Interview Question – Why PSE.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Convoluted. I had to work with a middle person who had no authority to make decisions, so had to propose a change and then wait until the hiring manager made a decision

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Bellevue, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in May 2012.

Interview Details – No technical questions, mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Give us an example of a time you were put in a compromising position ethically?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in January 2012.

Interview Details – Not a very difficult interview. Though it was for a technical position, most of the questions were non-technical in nature. I guess they determine that a candidates technical skills are a match before they even bring you in for an interview. Questions were mostly behavioral; describe a situation in your career where you experience this... Interviewers were friendly enough.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you've had to be a strong advocate for your team.   Answer Question

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Accounting Supervisor
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was standard. I was contacted by the hiring manager. The in person interview was conducted by two people, the hiring manager and his boss. The first question they asked was how political was it at my last job. They like to drill on that quite a bit, it was somewhat uncomfortable because the interview was mostly about my last employer not about me.

They called me back to decline on the basis of someone they had already promoted into the postion and that they should not have interviewed me at all.

I discussed this situation with a number of people and they expressed similar occurrences in their interviews with PSE. There is a growing population of people that feel hiring at PSE is bait and switch for their entertainment. If you are a qualified candidate, don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

Worked for Puget Sound Energy? Contribute to the Community!