Puget Sound Naval Shipyard

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry-level Engineer Interview

Entry-level Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard.

Interview Details – Toured the facility as a student while doing my senior project. Went to the hiring session on campus. HR manager was a pleasant gentleman, however, it's not the place to be if you want to do research work. Great benefits & an opportunity to serve the country, however, the starting pay was not respectable to the level of engineering expertise.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard.

Interview Details – They flew me out there, that was pretty cool. It was an 8 hour interview of complete lies, that was not so cool. It was great to see the aircraft carries and the submarines. Hiring takes awhile because it is a government job

Interview Question – They did not ask it which is not surprising because they are awful   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in October 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiters came to a job fair at my college. After speaking with them for few minutes they asked if I would like an interview the next day. I said sure.

Interview was very basic. There were two people conducting the interview. Most questions had to do with personality profiling. Interview lasted about thirty minutes.

About a month later someone from one of the specific departments called me and offered a job. Normally you go up for a site visit first, but I guess they had to decide quickly and didn't have time for a visit.

Interview Question – Tell us what you learned in (fill in the blank) class.?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is based on GS scale so there is no negotiating. They did offer a hiring bonus.

Nuclear Test Engineer Interview

Nuclear Test Engineer
Bremerton, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in December 2008.

Interview Details – Had a 1:1 interview at my school campus. Basic questions, nothing hard. Then I got a call for a site visit, which was more like a tour, with lunch with the branch head, and a lot of presentations. The site visit lasted a full day, about 8 hours. After accepting be ready to do a lot of paperwork for security clearances, and also be ready to pay upfront for moving expenses because they pay you back AFTER you have moved.

Interview Question – What experience do you bring to the shipyard that is applicable?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Bremerton, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in December 2007.

Interview Details – I met with recruiters at my college then was called into the shipyard where I was wine and dined for a weekend with a interview on a monday which was two people being interviewed over lunch with the manager. It seemed that every person that was interviewed got offered a job. there was no technical questions asked it was more about what we wanted to do.

Interview Question – What are you interested in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me 3 weeks to respond to the job offer.

Mechanic Interview

Mechanic

Interviewed at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard

Interview Details – The interview process is lengthy. Mine took roughly 6 months from the time I submitted my resume at a job fair to being offered the position. There is very little commentary on the status of your application in between. The .com link for usajobs is terribly managed which didnt help the process...

Interview Question – The questions were extremely simple. The basic are you good at communicating? Are you a team player?   Answer Question

Worked for Puget Sound Naval Shipyard? Contribute to the Community!