Pulte Homes

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Manager Interview

Field Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview Details – First interview was with the Construction Manager who is an awesome guy. Second interview was with Division VP who was also awesome. Very seasoned and professional interviewers. Offer after 2nd interview.

Interview Question – Typical personality assessment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty cut and dry. Salary and benefit offer was in line with industry standards.

Host Interview

Host
Broomfield, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview Details – I answered an add in the newspaper (!) this was in 2008. Apparently others did apply but I was offered job at the end of the interview. I did have to wait for a background check to be completed to begin the job. I had been out of the workforce for years...raising children. I was pleased to get this job so easily! The pay was fair for the position. Although I did work EVERY Sunday, holidays, etc with NO holiday or extra pay because I was part-time. I did it for three years and liked it and the people who worked with me. I would have liked the change to move up; I watch so called 'experienced' people come and go and come and go. I knew I could do this job, but alas, no opportunity to even try. Company in Colorado seemed to be in crisis. Company did leave Colorado finally. Most co-workers now working for another new home builder along side President and Vice President of Colorado Division.

Negotiation Details – You had to be liked by the person doing the interviewing...

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview Details – Initial interview was a typical phone screen with a recruiter, nothing too challenging, just basic background information and examples of what you have accomplished in your current role. Moved on to next round which was a phone interview with the personal that was filling the position, again, pretty basic, about a 30 minute interview.

Interview Question – What part of HR do you dislike the most?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was not what I was looking for

Controller Interview

Controller

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview Details – Short and to the point

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were flexible and open

Assistant Construction Manager Interview

Assistant Construction Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview Details – Usually a two round interview process. One with the area construction manager and the other with the region VP. Typical 1st round is getting to know you and your background as well as the position requirements. I personally didn't get to the 2nd round interview because the company went back on a hiring freeze.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Basic "why you?" "why did you get into this profession?" etc.   Answer Question

Entitlement Manager Interview

Entitlement Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pulte Homes in October 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with different people in succession. They then got together to discuss me and make a decision.

Interview Question – Explain my due diligence experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Lehigh Valley, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview Details – New management team that is not experienced in new home sales. Company went through 3 consolidations in 5 years and current team was not the most efficient team but grew 300% during this period. Operational inefficiencies; no training program for new employees and standards not enforced. Possible favoritism within old company. Management paints unrealistic financial opportunity during hiring process. Actual income between $48,000 and $70,000.

Interview Question – How would you market your community?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a sign-on bonus but this was 2005 when real estate market was booming.

Sales Professional Interview

Sales Professional
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pulte Homes in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the management team from an employee. I provided my resume and then met with the VP and GSM for an initial interview. My secondary interviews were with the VP of finance, VP of construction and the mortgage branch manager. It is a collaborative team effort and while you probably don't have to blow away the managers your not reporting to, you better not disappoint. Overall, it wasn't stressful and everyone was fair and nice. They want you to succeed. They want you to be the person they are looking for.

You should have a good understanding of the new home sales process and have the ability to ask and answer questions powerfully in the interview. Remember, they are looking for someone who can interview customers, answer objections and sniff out motivation so you are on demonstration when interviewing. Ask them as many questions as they ask you.

Don't forget to follow up after your interview. You are a sales person and this is a skill they are testing. If you interview and never call them back then you failed the test and they won't call you. You don't have to be desperate but "status" update follow up and progressing your own sale is critical!

Interview Question – What makes you special? Why would we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotiate much. They have a level playing field when paying commissions to the team. If you are in a low priced community or have to commute a long way see if you can get an extra .1 .2 % to help. Don't be surprised if the answer is no. Community is critical. Not every community is a home run so do your research on how many homes are selling and for what price. Ask for positions and opportunities to get into the best communities. It will pay off.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Professional Interview

Sales Professional
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Pulte Homes in January 2009.

Interview Details – Offered me a job the first day I met with management

Negotiation Details – Accepted offer but the structure was changed within three months.

Intern Interview

Intern
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pulte Homes in May 2008.

Interview Details – Great company culture and relaxed interview process. Most of the interview occurred while eating lunch downtown their treat. Flew out to corporate for the interview, went straight to lunch, remainder of the interview happened back at the office. Most questions were about company fit, with a few about skills, experience, and qualifications.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation power at the entry level

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pulte Homes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pulte Homes interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pulte Homes employees and interview candidates.