Pump It Up

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pump It Up

Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pump It Up.

It was a group interview with about 5-7 other people. They asked us to do things like announcements and had a mock party. They let us go on the inflatables As well.

Party Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pump It Up in October 2014.

I walked in to grab an application, and the interview began right there. They said they didn't care what I put on the application and didn't want my resumé. I was told not to bring the application back. They said nothing about a W-4 form, I did not fill out any paperwork, and they did not ask for my social security number. They asked me why I wanted to work at Pump It Up, what my work experience was, and if I was good with kids. They started me two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They are not flexible.

Party Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pump It Up in March 2013.

Was fun, got to jump in inflatables and act out scenarios, then had one on one interviews. Pretty basic. Just be positive and outgoing, don't be shy, and in the end you'll get the job. I left the interview and was called back right when I got home saying I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pump It Up in September 2012.

They sat me in an open room with around five other people and asked me to act as though I was starting a party. They had an employee say it twice and then asked people, one by one to go up there and do it. Then after everyone went, they pulled you out one-by-one, to interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked, "When working with children, what's the hardest thing to do?"   Answer Question
    Really no negotiation. It was a part-time job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pump It Up in September 2012.

I heard about the job opening through word of mouth and gave my resume in person. I got a call back 2 months later about an interview. You go to the facility and the owners conduct the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: How you would properly mop a floor and then making you act out a situation about how to make the birthday child feel extra special and then sing Happy Birthday in front of the owners.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pump It Up in August 2012.

Seen an ad on Craigslist for an open interview, went in for the interview. Filled out an application with 20 other people, than we got to go and play in the party area. Than they asked us one by one to lead a childhood game. After that was over we had to explain games in our pirate voice, than we had to lead a "party march". All in all this took 2 hours.

The 3 people went to discuss us, than we got called for a one on one interview which they asked us when we were available, and they told us how we did. I got told I was very friendly and he loved that I have over 3 years of experience working with children and i have open availability.

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pump It Up.

They were opening and needed people. It wasn't an interview so much as walking into my new job.

None existent

Party Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pump It Up.

Filled out an app, got a call about a week or two later to come in for an interview. No questions were asked, I got a tour of the place and then offered the job.

No negotiations.