Punjab National Bank

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.9

Credit Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Punjab National Bank in November 2013.

Very simple interview questions like what to check before lending,your ideal personality,why u want to join Punjab national bank,cibil,financial ratios ,analysis of balance sheet,cash flow statements,fund flow,IRR ,NPV etc,very simple questions were asked,just u have to be confident. accounting standards ,why do u want to change job ,your role model,RBI ,CRR,SLR,base rate,bank rate,your age,hobbies

salary is fixed

Swo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Srīnagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Punjab National Bank.

the interview was an average one. Iwas asked some questions on maths and science. I was asked wheather I can join duity other than my native place , which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • A manager at a branch level sanctioned 200 cases of personal loans and got Rs 5000 for every sanction through a broker. after two yers he was elvated to the post of Sr Manger in Audit& Inspection deptt.   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Punjab National Bank.

appeared in banking service recruitment board-delhi written test and after qualifying written test and appeared in interview and personality test and got selected

Interview Questions
    • the first question i faced why i am choosing banking as my carrier despite my postgraduation in science and persuing m.phil from university-why not a teaching job i should apply   Answer Question

Manager Credit Interview

Was selected for interview based on written exams. Questons were mostly about current job profile. Short and swift interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Capital adequacy norms, du-pont chart. yes, they also asked what preparation did one do for the interview.   Answer Question
    N.A

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Srīnagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Punjab National Bank.

written test followed by interview through the country

PO/MT Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Punjab National Bank in June 2012.

1) Written round conducted through IBPS PO common written exam.
    2) Applications invited from candidates with minimum cutoff score.
    3) Interview list of candidates announced along with venue date and time of interview.
    4) Interview conducted ( interview included verification of data) and result announced within a week time.
    5) Intimation of Provisional selection mailed along with date of reporting.

Interview Questions
    • How will you react if some boys are eve-teasing you in a crowded bus with the conditions that you can't take help of anyone nor you can use your hands or legs nor you can move away.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shillong (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shillong (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Punjab National Bank in May 2012.

Interview questions was mainly your past performance and the difficulties related to your past performance.

Interview Questions
    There was no such negotiation phase at all.

SINGLE WINDOW OPERATOR Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Punjab National Bank in August 2011.

All India Pnb written test (now IBPS) for the concerned post is conducted. Selected candidates are called for interview. And the finally selected candidates are sent for training.

Interview Questions
    • Had a great interview. questions related were mostly with Hobbies. Unexpected question....had to explain the Da Vince Code in detail!!!   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoranūr (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoranūr (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Punjab National Bank in May 2011.

After qualifying in written test, my interview was scheduled on 23rd May 2011 at Mount Road Chennai. I have been called at 10:00 am and they have only one panel with 3-4 members and one from head office. My name comes at 7:00 pm. I had to wait 9 hours patiently from morning. They didn't provide any lunch facilities for the waiting candidates. When my name comes, I feel that OK I'm still alive. The panel consists of 3-4 members and one sardarji is in center and started asking questions
    panel: I think you're the last member, waiting from 10:00 am, are you feeling bad about this organization?
    Me: To say honestly yes.
    panel: Nothing is there in our hands, we came from different places to here according to H.O orders. We expected at least two more panels.
    Me: At least the management calls in batches accordingly, so that people who came all the way from Hyderabad and have to leave at 8:30 by train.
    panel: We are extremely sorry on behalf of the management and even we are very tired with this system.and you still want to do in this job
    Me: Why not, people are waiting for years to get a job, can't I wait a day for an interview? But I can say one thing, I will change these kind of mismanagement whenever I get the change, I promise.
    Panel: Ok let's Start the interview, as usual introduce yourself
    Me: I'm Vamsi Krishna, completed b.tech in computer science department from j.n.t.u kakinada and working with cognizant technologies. I studied my 12th std in my home town narasaraopet from vasavi junior college, my 10th std from the same town with more than 80%. My father passed almost a decade ago and my mother is a home maker. My sibling is studying b.tech in vishakapatnam.
    Panel: Oh you too from engg background, why you people are coming to banks? What is banking meant to you?
    Me: To say honestly there is a over production of engineers in our country, especially in southern part of India. I've no knowledge what I'm doing since still the time I was in 3rd year of b.tech.. Later I realized my self after searching all the opportunities and came to know the importance of banking in day to day life. So I'm preparing from one year and writing exams since 5 months and now I'm in front of you.
    Panel: Why banking for engineers?
    Me: Why can't we? We are perfectly eligible not only according to your eligibility criteria, but I feel engineers require in banking sector these days because the technology revolution started a decade ago. I got selection in campus recruitment and the offer came much before and joining was in last December and there is no bond, so what i thought was why to take money from my mom, even for the sake of application forms, if I'm getting good pay here to cover for my pocket expenses.
    Panel: You have any issues with your company? Tell us about your company which you're working now.
    Me: I've no issues with my company. Cognizant is a 4th largest I.T firm in INDIA and it's very good to the employees also.
    Panel: What is meant by banking to you? Tell me according to you?, No textbook definitions..
    Vamsi: Banking is lot more than what I expected before one year. It is a sector which build homes by home loans, build career by edu loans, inculcate savings by deposit accounts, giving life insurances these days, base for industrial growth by capital infusion, backbone to corporate sector...
    Panel: Oh..... You are far more than what we expected. , hmm continue..
    Vamsi: And what else, you know better than me.
    Panel: You will also know don't worry, we don't expect banking wikipedia from new recruits. What is RBI monetary policies, they increase some rates and decrease, what the hell they're doing?
    Vamsi:(Smiling) You are tooo modest sir, they are actually doing something to control the price rise phenomenon in the country. They are increasing Repo and Reverse Repo rater these days.
    Panel: Then what impact would be there?
    Vamsi: Banks lending capacity will decrease because the liquidity flow will decrese?
    Panel: Why they are decreasing liquidity?
    Vamsi: To control the prices and maintain dollar value..
    Panel: What prices?
    Vamsi: Sir, You know what you're asking, I'm not getting the exact term, that's why I'm beating around the bush for few mins, could you please..
    Panel: That's inflation my dear....
    Vamsi: Oh yes, inflation.I'm so sorry sir,
    Panel: No need of sorry dear, How you feel about our bank?
    Vamsi: To be honest, I didn't see any of your branch before submitting challan form for the exam and I came to know about this bank only after qualification of this written test.
    Panel: what did you come to know?
    Vamsi: Pnb is 2nd largest bank in India and having 5500 branch presence through out the country...
    Panel: Ok fine, You have any thing to ask?
    Vamsi: Hmm nothing sir,
    Panel: Ok fine, you can leave and all the best for your future, we hope that you will be part of PNB
    Vamsi: Thank you very much sir...

Interview Questions
    • Oh you too from engg background, why you people are coming to banks? What is banking meant to you?   View Answer
    • What is meant by banking to you? Tell me according to you?, No textbook definitions..   View Answer
    Actually for the freshers, interviewers don't expect much of knowledge, they expect some freshness, ready to do any thing, ready to face any kind of challenge, molding ourselves and adopting the changes accordingly. If you observe my interview, even I don't know the basic thing Inflation, they have selected me, that means they're not bother my lack of knowledge, they only look the communication skills, body language, our attitude towards the previous organization and please be honest at every point of time. If they found that you are trying to fool them, you'll be remain as fool. So be 100% honest and try to present yourself that you are willing to work towards the organization and you have right attitude.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Punjab National Bank in April 2011.

Since the interview happened atleast a year ago, i dont exactly remember the exact details of the interview. the process of getting employed in a public sector organisation is country level entrance test, followed by group discussion and/or interview. In my case there was two tier written test followed by an interview. the interview for all the selected individuals spanned over 3 days all over the country with various center. around 200 were called each day for the interview across various states so one can imagine the waiting the one has to go through even if there are 3-4 panels.
    My turn came after a suspense period of 7 long hours of waiting. The interview panel to my surprise was very jovial and made me feel at home from the moment i entered the interview hall.
    to be cont