Punjab and Sind Bank

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clerk Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Punjab and Sind Bank in September 2010.

Interview Details – Written Exam+Interview

Interview Question – Difference between currency notes and coins   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Concurrent Audit Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Punjab and Sind Bank in September 2011.

Interview Details – I posted my resume online and received phone call from the staffing agency of a Audit Co. heaving Head Office at Banglore. They were Con-current Auditors of various Banks/ Companies. The concerned interviewer asked some questions like job from which I retired and my specialized field. I was offered job of Audit of a reputed Co. of TATA Group but its location was at a long distance place from my residence where commuting daily from my residence was not possible. I declined the offer and the staffing agency/company informed me that whenever there will be requrement at a location near my place of residenc they will again calling me. However I must appreciate the infrastructure/behavious/work culture of the Company

Interview Questions

• What is your name.From which organization you retired. Years of Service Job profile etc.   View Answer
  • What are your expectations regarding salary etc   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The location, being at a long distance from my residence

CLERICAL CADRE Interview

Lucknow (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Punjab and Sind Bank in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by three Banking experts.
By D GM, Chief Manager and Senior Manager

Interview Question – What do u want to be and in which field ??   View Answer

Probationary Officer Interview

Bhatinda (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Punjab and Sind Bank in December 2010.

Interview Details – there was a common written test on pan india basis. successful candidate was called for interview on 3:1 ratio. My interview was of 35 min duration. After completion to interview process the final result was declared in 15 days and called to join the bank in next 20 days.

Interview Questions

• Explain your self.   View Answer
  • how will you justify your self as better option than other aspirants to take in.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on salary as its decided by IBA

Very Easy Interview

CORE BANKING SOLUTION EXECUTION and SUPPORT Interview

New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Punjab and Sind Bank in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was banks internal assessment of exiting employees who were eligible for next level position.one of the elligibility creteria was contribution to banks development in terms of increase in business of bank,dedication to the bank,introduction and implementation of new concepts and schemes,IT development viz different modules as per requirement of statutory information as well management information. Those who qualified the internal rating fixed by bank were called for interview.The number of employees called were three times of number of vacancies existing.

Interview Questions

• Is the CBS system implemented in bank is good.   View Answer
  • Can you handle Technical write off account   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was internal process of Bank and and level of grade was already fixed,so no question of negotiation.However place of posting could be negotiated which again was Bank,s discretion.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Punjab and Sind Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Punjab and Sind Bank interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Punjab and Sind Bank employees and interview candidates.