Purch

Purch Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Purch

Writer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Purch.

Very courteous and friendly. Seemed more interested in getting to know me than finding out about my qualifications and credentials. There were several managers involved. It was fairly easy.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Purch in June 2012.

It was a pretty easy process. I knew someone who worked there and she gave my resume to HR. I had two phone calls with my eventual supervisor, and then one f2f meeting with him and the head of HR. I was hired within a week after that.

Interview Questions
    I told them what I had been making at my last job, and he told me immediately that he could not match that. So I took a $10K hit because I liked the job.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Purch in July 2011.

Initial interview is with the HR Director and the IT Director. This is a personality interview - very few technical questions at all. Low pressure - the interview is in the HR Directors office.

If they like you, they will pass you on to the Development Director. This is the technical interview - you will be asked to use a whiteboard to show how to do some basic tasks (e.g, design a data model to do A, then modify it to do B). You will be asked about OOP techniques and Agile methods. Don't worry too much - you'll never get the chance to use them correctly once you accept the position.

If you pass the Development Directors interview, you'll be asked to complete an online PHP and Javascript test. These are common - if you've done any serious interviewing recently, you'll probably recognize the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain Polymorphism from an OO viewpoint   View Answer
    They seem to pay people on a standard scale. If you're related to the CEO (too many people in Techmedia are...), you get a good salary. If not, you get an average salary.
    If you're considering an offer, do it from the basis of 'Do I need a job'. If you're looking for a career, with advancement and responsibility, look elsewhere.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Purch in May 2011.

Initial contact over the phone. Over the phone interview with online quiz. Interview wasn't standard because I was relocating.

Interview Questions
    • Nitty gritty detailed questions on PHP syntax and functions.   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate, I was too anxious to leave my last company.