Purdue Pharma

3.3

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Purdue Pharma.

Very straight forward with not a lot of surprises. I was over prepared and very confident and relaxed throughout the process. All of the people I spoke to were very knowledgeable, professional, and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • Senior level interviewer asked mostly personal questions.   Answer Question

Professional Sales Representative Interview

typical phone of going over resume, one hour face to face of resume and couple of situational questions, then 4 hour face to face which is very in depth. situational questions mostly using SAR method that will require you to be very through. bring brag book and be expected to back up ranking and numbers claims. they will do a through background check.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. set salary.

District Manager Interview

Interviews are agonizingly long for the potential candidate and the manager. The third interview is a minimum of 4 hours and umpteen pages of questions that vary in relevance. If you are going for an interview block out the entire day on your calendar. There are typically 3-4 interviews in all the length of each varies with the manager giving it.

Interview Questions
    • How did you get the time to be here today? Did you take a vacation day, a sick day, not tell them anything....?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Purdue Pharma in May 2013.

Applied online, phone screen (two with HR, one with management), live interviews with multiple members of the group (including peers)

Interview Questions
    • To a large extent, these were traditional interview questions, but be prepared to detail experience that will be relevant to the role   Answer Question

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue Pharma in March 2012.

Very pleasant and professional staff. Received an email requesting the interview, followed by an overnighted package with product and benefits information, along with an application to complete. I met with 4 people, including HR, and wasn't told the salary until mid interview. I was there for almost 3 hours...standard interview questions, asked to describe my experience, which job I liked least/most, what are my weaknesses/strengths, etc.

Salary was embarrassingly low for such a successful company, so low that I withdrew my application for the job. Had I known ahead of time, I would not have scheduled the interview.

Clinical Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Purdue Pharma in October 2011.

This was not the typical route, a contract position was open and needed to be filled immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an explanation of how the last compound studies worked st a molecular level. Non proprietary info only, I want to see how good your science is.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a major issue that occurred in which you saved the day?   View Answer
    No, set hourly rate for contractors

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Purdue Pharma in August 2011.

Had a phone interview 1st. Bit of initial screening. Later called up for a personal face to face interview. Was interviewed by a total of managers/ directors. The whole process lasted about 3 or so hours.
    Later, I was offered the position few days later. Meanwhile, I had a different offer and declined this one.

It was an interesting experience as one of the directors was on a questioning marathon until i made a mistake. It was an exhaustive 40 mins & I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

I had a different offer and declined this one.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue Pharma in December 2009.

Met with Human Resources and four other potential staff people. All were very pleasant and the conversations were very meaningful. The first person who I would have been trained by seemed to like me and put a star on my resume. The bonus plan person immediately recognized me an hour after I met with two other people and greeted me warmly. The hiring manager was a little more to the point but still was honest and sicnere in what she was looking for. The Human Resources person resonded bak to me albeit a little slowly with a question I had. Her answer was more from the manual instead of from the heart. However, this wa my first true answer to a question after an interview so that is a credit in Purue Pharma's reputation. The work culture seemed reasonable. Yes you have to work hard but not kill yourself for a deadline. If a deadline was too firm a little leeway was allowed. Also, team memebrs seemed to pitch in when a crisis appeared. Overall, the place seemed good and I wish they did not have to scrutinize so much and would have hired me. Nonetheless, I have no ill will towards the organization as I would recommend them as a good place to work based on my one impression.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Purdue Pharma in August 2010.

1st interview was about an hour. 2nd interview was about two and a half hours. Ride along. Meet with RM

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. If you have a lot of vacation time where you are you will only get 2 weeks coming to Purdue. It increases to 3 years on the 3rd year of your anniversary.