Purdue University

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I just got the email and interview in person. I just showed my published data. the boss looks he likes that. end of interview, I asked the result whether I got that position or not, he answered directly, probably ok

Other Interview Reviews for Purdue University

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Purdue University.

I interviewed with 8 different Professors. We mostly discussed their research plans, and very little information was forthcoming from most Professors on the role they expected of me.

Not much scope to negotiate. I was sent a letter after the interview process by the graduate office, stating the details of my employment - I was offered a TA position for the first 2 semesters, contingent on joining a certain Professor. I was told that once I clear my area exams, my stipend would go up by $100 per month from the following semester.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Found my adviser through the department and I contacted him prior to a graduate student visitation. Met with my adviser for an initial interview about my research interests and was offered a position in his group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Purdue University.

I did not have an interview, just applied and got admission. It was quite easy since I had an external fellowship

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

There is no interview. I just submit my graduate school application. And a few month later, I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Life is a little bit boring there. And the restaurants around campus are really bad.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Purdue University.

I had a phone interview with my current adviser and we basically went through all the projects listed on my CV.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Purdue University in August 2010.

Very informal was my experience. I asked for a job and I got a job.

Interview Questions
    None. At the time it was more than I felt I deserved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University in May 2010.

My "interview" was very informal. Once I was accepted to the graduate school, a professor saw my application and contacted me because he had a research position opening. We discussed my interests and abilities over the phone briefly (though he already knew these because he had my graduate application) and then he described his research. He offered me the position at the end of our hour long conversation. I accepted the position about 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    I asked him for slightly more money and he agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University in July 2008.

The Interview was directly conducted by a panel of two graduate students and a professor, it was almost entirely technical with a few questions about research interests and future plans. Special emphasis on problem solving skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time. Previous projects were the highlight of the interview, please remember that you should mention all previous projects not just the ones you think are important.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the advantages/ disadvantages of using a non standard software such as Minitab to conduct statistical analysis.   View Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University in May 2008.

The interviewing is informal. Mostly the hiring is based on the research performance and the potential to do further research.