Purdue University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

One 10-minutes' one-on-one phone-screen interview mostly talking about casual topics like vacations, foods, etc. No technic questions at all. I guess they just wanted to have a sense of my language and communication skills.

Sponsored Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people. They only mentioned one before the interview. I made it through the first interview but was not invited back for the second interview. The people I interviewed with took turns asking questions and are required to right down everything I said. Interview questions were standard questions. They email a couple months later through their computer system that you didn't get the job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Met with numerous professors to talk about what they research. Then they ask you questions about working in the lab and your past experience in lab as well as getting to know you

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied and was awarded an offer through the department I applied to. After the offer, there was a "retreat" weekend where you were flown to Purdue and talked with professors, grad students, staff, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your research goals fit in with the program.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Mainly talked to the professor who I will be work for in the future. Not a hard interview as long as your have a good record academically and connections that will introduce you to the job opportunity. Since there is teaching involved, for non-English speaker, whose native language is not English, a test for English proficiency is also required before you can take the job.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was 2 hours long and compromised of both a technical and a behavioral portion. The response from my application was quick and the interview was set up in the same week. I expressed my interest through email and was contacted back with a resume request. After the interview, they liked me enough to hire me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is one aspect of web development that interests you the most and why?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Purdue University (Troy, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview through Skype. The questions are specific questions about research experience I put on the resume. The interview was not long. The interviewer concerned how my background matched the requirements of the project.

Student Web and Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Short meeting with your supervisor and an overview of the apps they are working on at the time. An online coding test to show your proficiency in multiple programming languages.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call to set up an in-person interview. The interview was a group panel with 5-6 persons. One was the hiring leaders, but not a supervisor. The interview was of a set of questions that were pre-arranged and the questions were designed by the group panel. As the questions were asked, each person would take notes. I attempted to make eye contact with each person while paying attention to the person posing the question. The questions ranged in topic, but mainly were to explain how I would fit into the normal work expectations. I was explained that there would be a second with the department director and a third with the Department Head. The interview lasted approximately one hour.

Interview Questions

• Give an example how you previously dealt with a frustrating situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Had submitted application for PhD. The professor who interviewed me had already emailed me saying that he was very impressed with my profile, and wanted to have a short conversation to discuss my interests. The interview was more about how interested I was about working in his group, rather than to check if I met his requirements. The interview was satisfying, and I was offered admission and a university fellowship a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• A couple of basic technical questions pertaining to previous research experience   Answer Question