Purdue University

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.6

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I just got the email and interview in person. I just showed my published data. the boss looks he likes that. end of interview, I asked the result whether I got that position or not, he answered directly, probably ok

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied from a faculty who knows the position. The interview was short and sweet, asked about my previous experience, how do I approach current situation, and availability. Only one interview with direct hiring manager

No Negotiation

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Purdue University in September 2014.

Took about 2 weeks from job application (Taleo.net) until HR sent me an email asking me to update something on my application. A week later got a phone call from hiring manager to schedule interview for the following Monday. Interview was panel style with multiple members from the team.

Interview Questions
    • First question was asked to draw a network diagram. Was caught off guard and unprepared.   View Answer
    • Was asked about familiarity with any routing protocols.   View Answer
    • Was asked about troubleshooting steps if a campus user's network connection was not working.   View Answer

Grader Interview

You can apply online and they will check your transcript and if your grade is stat courses are good they will offer your opportunity to grade any stat course you have taken before or any lower level courses than what you take before

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online for the REU through the NSF website. A few weeks later, I received an email asking to arrange the phone conversation. The program director told me more about the program and answered my questions. I think she decided to take me before the phone call. Then she arranged a call between me and my PIs where we discussed our mutual research interests.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

First, apply online through the Math official website. There will be a 15-page survey for you to fill in. It will take about 20 minutes to finish. We will be asked to provide your basic information, your schedule, your prerequisite courses and a short statement of purpose.

If you make it through this round, there will be a screening session. You will be provided with a textbook and you will be asked to demonstrate how to solve a problem in front of a judging panel.

Oh btw, there are tons of workshop for you to attend.

Interview Questions
    • The judging panel will through you bunch of random questions.   Answer Question

SSIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Purdue University in September 2010.

Very easy process suited well toward the student community. Application typically starts online where you can select which department you want to work in. My interview process was very easy personally, I met with the current student supervisor and answered some basic questions and then progressed that same day to fill out my employment paperwork with one of the full time staff members.

Operations Manager Retail Dining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Purdue University in September 2010.

Three tier interview: one with Hiring Manager, then director then onto panel interview, most of the questions were all behavioral and leadership style types of questions. The panel interview was over lunch which made it more relaxing. Within five days I was extended an offer. The expeierence was positive and gave me the opportuity to show off my skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you were opposed on an idea or process by your direct superviosor how did you handle the situation and what would you have done differently.   View Answer
    Non existant

Electronics Technician VIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University.

The more you have to offer them that they can use and not pay you for the better your odds will be for getting the job. Strong computer skills are almost a must. Job could lead to a programmers position.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the usual questions, above and beyond, difficult situation, standard questions.   Answer Question

Academic Resource Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Purdue University in April 2013.

The interview process is pretty simple. You are selected from online applicants and select an interview slot. The interview is face-to-face and is about 25 minutes. Most questions are behavioral. They may ask things to get to know you personally and determine if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask what you know about the program and I would be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question
    The job offer is pretty standard so there is no need for a negotiation process.