Purdue University Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
70 interviews

2.6

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

First, apply online through the Math official website. There will be a 15-page survey for you to fill in. It will take about 20 minutes to finish. We will be asked to provide your basic information, your schedule, your prerequisite courses and a short statement of purpose.

If you make it through this round, there will be a screening session. You will be provided with a textbook and you will be asked to demonstrate how to solve a problem in front of a judging panel.

Oh btw, there are tons of workshop for you to attend.

Interview Questions
    • The judging panel will through you bunch of random questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Retail Dining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Purdue University in September 2010.

Three tier interview: one with Hiring Manager, then director then onto panel interview, most of the questions were all behavioral and leadership style types of questions. The panel interview was over lunch which made it more relaxing. Within five days I was extended an offer. The expeierence was positive and gave me the opportuity to show off my skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you were opposed on an idea or process by your direct superviosor how did you handle the situation and what would you have done differently.   View Answer
    Non existant

Electronics Technician VIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Purdue University.

The more you have to offer them that they can use and not pay you for the better your odds will be for getting the job. Strong computer skills are almost a must. Job could lead to a programmers position.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the usual questions, above and beyond, difficult situation, standard questions.   Answer Question

Academic Resource Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Purdue University in April 2013.

The interview process is pretty simple. You are selected from online applicants and select an interview slot. The interview is face-to-face and is about 25 minutes. Most questions are behavioral. They may ask things to get to know you personally and determine if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask what you know about the program and I would be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question
    The job offer is pretty standard so there is no need for a negotiation process.

Facility Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Purdue University in February 2013.

1. What's your leadership style. 2. Do you have any past working experience in the related area. 3. What's your teamwork spirit. 4. Why do you think you are competent of working here. 5. What's the most important quality you nee to work here. 6. Ask a question to the interviewers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Purdue University in April 2014.

Initial interview on the phone - 4 people on the call. Lasted about 45 minutes, I believe. Second interview was a "panel interview" lasting two hours - one with peers (6 people I'd be working with directly), one with the management team (3 people). Peers went first. They each took turns asking questions, and after I answered each one, they wrote notes down. They left, and the management team came in and did the same. It wasn't a bad or necessarily intimidating process. I enjoyed the people I interviewed with. But you should definitely eat beforehand, and maybe bring a bottle of water with you. My interview was first thing in the morning, and I kind of faded in the second hour.

Interview Questions
    • "What does success look like?" It was kind of an oddly stated question.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Purdue University.

English proficiency for international student. Presentation was given during the English course required for people not passing the English proficiency test. The PhD annual review must be at least satisfactory to get the offer. But when the more positions are available than the number of candidates, one can get it without such requirement.

Program Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Purdue University in April 2014.

Applied to the job online and was contacted about a month later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was panel interview (4 people) and no difficult questions were asked. A few days later I was contacted and asked to come in for an in-person interview. I flew in from out of town the night before, and had a full day of interviews (panel and 1:1) and campus tours the next day. A few days later, I was offered the job.

While the people I would have been working for were wonderful and would have been very supportive and collaborative, I felt the job was a "step-down" as far as responsibilities, instead of an advancement. The salary was also significantly lower than other similar roles at other universities.

Shipping & Receiving Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Purdue University.

Getting through the initial cut was annoying. For Purdue's automated system, I had to submit a 5 page resume in order to make sure that I had all the keywords.

Grad Student, Teaching Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Purdue University.

Part of acceptance package

there was no negotiation

Worked for Purdue University? Contribute to the Community!