Purdue University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.5

Student Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

very simple and friendly interview process , was explained the position very clearly and also got to understand what they expected of me. The interview process was about 10 mins.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

It depends on your relationship with the professor you would like to work with. I had worked as a volunteer in the professor's lab for a summer and a fall semester prior to this position. The professor knows me and trusted my abilities. So, the interview were quit simple just a few questions about the ideas I would like to do with this position.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a C course project for undergraduate junior ECE students that covered basics of network programming in C and concurrency management?   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

I first had a phone interview then a face to face. It was a long process due to the holidays. I was asked mostly behavioral questions. It was nice because I feel I am a good fit in the department.

Program Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied from a faculty who knows the position. The interview was short and sweet, asked about my previous experience, how do I approach current situation, and availability. Only one interview with direct hiring manager

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I just got the email and interview in person. I just showed my published data. the boss looks he likes that. end of interview, I asked the result whether I got that position or not, he answered directly, probably ok

Grader Interview

Interview

You can apply online and they will check your transcript and if your grade is stat courses are good they will offer your opportunity to grade any stat course you have taken before or any lower level courses than what you take before

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University in October 2014.

Interview

After several phone calls, emails, an in-person interview conducted by two people within the office, and a seperate in-person from HR the interview process was complete. It was a long interview process, but about what you would expect from a big ten school. There was a lot of red tape you had to go through to actually apply for the job, but again all expected. they did have questions already prepared from HR that they were required to ask each candidate. I felt the interview was pretty formal overall.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online for the REU through the NSF website. A few weeks later, I received an email asking to arrange the phone conversation. The program director told me more about the program and answered my questions. I think she decided to take me before the phone call. Then she arranged a call between me and my PIs where we discussed our mutual research interests.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks from job application (Taleo.net) until HR sent me an email asking me to update something on my application. A week later got a phone call from hiring manager to schedule interview for the following Monday. Interview was panel style with multiple members from the team.

Interview Questions

• First question was asked to draw a network diagram. Was caught off guard and unprepared.   1 Answer
    • Was asked about familiarity with any routing protocols.   1 Answer
    • Was asked about troubleshooting steps if a campus user's network connection was not working.   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

First, apply online through the Math official website. There will be a 15-page survey for you to fill in. It will take about 20 minutes to finish. We will be asked to provide your basic information, your schedule, your prerequisite courses and a short statement of purpose. If you make it through this round, there will be a screening session. You will be provided with a textbook and you will be asked to demonstrate how to solve a problem in front of a judging panel. Oh btw, there are tons of workshop for you to attend.

Interview Questions

• The judging panel will through you bunch of random questions.   Answer Question