Purdue University

Getting the Interview

59 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Details – I did not have an interview, just applied and got admission. It was quite easy since I had an external fellowship

Homework Grader Interview

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Purdue University in September 2013.

Interview Details – If you have a good grade in the class, then you will go to the professor and ask if they are hiring.

Interview Question – What is your GPA? Not a formal interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted because it looks grade on a resume.

Associate Professor Interview

West Lafayette, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Details – Published ad led to a phone interview, then an in-person interview including the teaching of a sample class and meetings with the Dean and search committee. Offer was made a few days later.

Interview Question – How will you balance your research and teaching responsibilities?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Frankfort, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Purdue University in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process involved interviewing with 7 people. Each person would ask you a question.

Interview Question – If you were asked to update our website how would you go about doing that if you have no experience in website design?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Purdue University

Interview Details – There is no interview. I just submit my graduate school application. And a few month later, I received an offer letter.

Interview Question – Life is a little bit boring there. And the restaurants around campus are really bad.   Answer Question

Student Summer Utility Worker Interview

West Lafayette, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Purdue University in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online about a week before the job started during finals week. I received a phone call the next day and I was told to come to Owen Hall whenever I could for the interview. I was told about the job and what I had to do and I was asked whether I wanted the job and I said yes. It was not really an interview. If you get called to come for the interview, you would have likely already gotten it.

Interview Question – There were no questions asked except whether I wouldn't mind doing the work and when I could start.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiation. I knew the job paid $7.60 an hour and it is non-negotiable. Students who have worked there in previous summers get a $0.10 pay raise every year.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Details – I got referred by another TA and sent my resume to the instructor one week before the semester began. No interviews required since it's an entry level course.

West Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Purdue University in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal was my experience. I asked for a job and I got a job.

Interview Question – Are you interested in data analysis.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. At the time it was more than I felt I deserved.

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with my current adviser and we basically went through all the projects listed on my CV.

Interview Question – What's your strength and your drawbacks?   Answer Question

ITaP Support Desk Lab Assistant Interview

ITaP Support Desk Lab Assistant
West Lafayette, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Purdue University in September 2011.

Interview Details – Basic IT questions. Know about Windows OS, Office, and IP stack and OSI model if you're going for NOSC.

Interview Question – Just relax. You should already know if you're capable of being an entry level IT worker.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Purdue University