Purdue University

Updated Jan 6, 2015

2.6

Electronics Technician VIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University.

The more you have to offer them that they can use and not pay you for the better your odds will be for getting the job. Strong computer skills are almost a must. Job could lead to a programmers position.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the usual questions, above and beyond, difficult situation, standard questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University.

English proficiency for international student. Presentation was given during the English course required for people not passing the English proficiency test. The PhD annual review must be at least satisfactory to get the offer. But when the more positions are available than the number of candidates, one can get it without such requirement.

Shipping & Receiving Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Purdue University.

Getting through the initial cut was annoying. For Purdue's automated system, I had to submit a 5 page resume in order to make sure that I had all the keywords.

Grad Student, Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Purdue University.

Part of acceptance package

there was no negotiation

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Questions
    • I had no interview.. just an informal meeting with my advisor... was asked my interests and area of expertise.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Purdue University in April 2014.

Applied to the job online and was contacted about a month later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was panel interview (4 people) and no difficult questions were asked. A few days later I was contacted and asked to come in for an in-person interview. I flew in from out of town the night before, and had a full day of interviews (panel and 1:1) and campus tours the next day. A few days later, I was offered the job.

While the people I would have been working for were wonderful and would have been very supportive and collaborative, I felt the job was a "step-down" as far as responsibilities, instead of an advancement. The salary was also significantly lower than other similar roles at other universities.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Purdue University in April 2014.

Initial interview on the phone - 4 people on the call. Lasted about 45 minutes, I believe. Second interview was a "panel interview" lasting two hours - one with peers (6 people I'd be working with directly), one with the management team (3 people). Peers went first. They each took turns asking questions, and after I answered each one, they wrote notes down. They left, and the management team came in and did the same. It wasn't a bad or necessarily intimidating process. I enjoyed the people I interviewed with. But you should definitely eat beforehand, and maybe bring a bottle of water with you. My interview was first thing in the morning, and I kind of faded in the second hour.

Interview Questions
    • "What does success look like?" It was kind of an oddly stated question.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Just an online application, no interview. Same application as all of the other schools. They inform the people who get accepted first around mid-February, and then it seems that they start to accept others until April 15 as they get some people declining their offers. This is pretty standard for most graduate programs.

Research Assistance Interview

phone called, and then asked for interest for PhD. Decide to go with PhD and get funding for RAship and TAship all those goof stuffs. Interview is not hard, checked what my interest was and asked if want to work together.

Research Assistant Interview

My advisor and I were firstly communicating by emails. He asked me a few questions about my background. Later, he offered me an face to face interview and we had a breakfast together. He offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question is that "do you have a girlfriend or wife"   Answer Question