Purdue University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.5

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Purdue University in April 2014.

Interview

Applied to the job online and was contacted about a month later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was panel interview (4 people) and no difficult questions were asked. A few days later I was contacted and asked to come in for an in-person interview. I flew in from out of town the night before, and had a full day of interviews (panel and 1:1) and campus tours the next day. A few days later, I was offered the job.

While the people I would have been working for were wonderful and would have been very supportive and collaborative, I felt the job was a "step-down" as far as responsibilities, instead of an advancement. The salary was also significantly lower than other similar roles at other universities.

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

Just an online application, no interview. Same application as all of the other schools. They inform the people who get accepted first around mid-February, and then it seems that they start to accept others until April 15 as they get some people declining their offers. This is pretty standard for most graduate programs.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

My advisor and I were firstly communicating by emails. He asked me a few questions about my background. Later, he offered me an face to face interview and we had a breakfast together. He offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question is that "do you have a girlfriend or wife"   Answer Question

Research Assistance Interview

Interview

phone called, and then asked for interest for PhD. Decide to go with PhD and get funding for RAship and TAship all those goof stuffs. Interview is not hard, checked what my interest was and asked if want to work together.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very simple. I applied online at Purdue's job posting. After that I got an email from them for setting up an interview and in two days after applying I got the interview. They gave me the decision on the spot. They mostly asked behavioral questions and a couple of computer networking questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with computers and customer support?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

I interviewed with 8 different Professors. We mostly discussed their research plans, and very little information was forthcoming from most Professors on the role they expected of me.

Negotiation

Not much scope to negotiate. I was sent a letter after the interview process by the graduate office, stating the details of my employment - I was offered a TA position for the first 2 semesters, contingent on joining a certain Professor. I was told that once I clear my area exams, my stipend would go up by $100 per month from the following semester.

Interview

Found my adviser through the department and I contacted him prior to a graduate student visitation. Met with my adviser for an initial interview about my research interests and was offered a position in his group.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

Short and straightforward. Straight to the point and requires some critical thinking to think about the answer that they want. They even require you to make a short presentation on a recent project you've worked with and questions you on it. Overall it was an amazing process.

Interview Questions

• Name one challenges you've faced and how you overcome it.   1 Answer

Interview

Emails exchanged.

Interview Questions

Interview

Talk to the professor. If you are good in the class, you may get the job