Purdue University

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Purdue University.

good communication and planning on behalf of human resources, expense reimbursement etc

Student Summer Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Purdue University in May 2013.

I applied online about a week before the job started during finals week. I received a phone call the next day and I was told to come to Owen Hall whenever I could for the interview. I was told about the job and what I had to do and I was asked whether I wanted the job and I said yes. It was not really an interview. If you get called to come for the interview, you would have likely already gotten it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked except whether I wouldn't mind doing the work and when I could start.   Answer Question
    There was not negotiation. I knew the job paid $7.60 an hour and it is non-negotiable. Students who have worked there in previous summers get a $0.10 pay raise every year.

Academic Resource Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Purdue University in April 2013.

The interview process is pretty simple. You are selected from online applicants and select an interview slot. The interview is face-to-face and is about 25 minutes. Most questions are behavioral. They may ask things to get to know you personally and determine if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask what you know about the program and I would be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question
    The job offer is pretty standard so there is no need for a negotiation process.

MSHRM Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Purdue University.

Applied to their MSHRM; Received in email requesting an interview via Skype with an Admissions Committee member for 30mins.
    Pretty relaxed; I had a bad internet connection, so we opted to just speak over the phone; DRESS PROFESSIONAL

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Why Purdue?
      Why HR?
      Do your GMAT/GRE scores reflect your potential to succeed in our program?
      General Questions about the program

View Answer

Facility Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Purdue University in February 2013.

1. What's your leadership style. 2. Do you have any past working experience in the related area. 3. What's your teamwork spirit. 4. Why do you think you are competent of working here. 5. What's the most important quality you nee to work here. 6. Ask a question to the interviewers

Technical Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Purdue University in December 2012.

Wonderful staff, interview was scheduled promptly, worked around my work schedule. Interviewed twice, was informed how many candidates were left. Interviewed with 6 members of hiring committee first. Normal interview questions. Second interview was with team members I would be working with, as well as director, then met with directory one on one, and finally spoke with Dean. Culture was relaxed, and very entertaining.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected, nothing threw me for a loop. Choose your references carefully, they will make, or break it!   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University in May 2012.

My friend told me about this job. I sent an email to the person in-charged and I was invited to an interview. Very relaxing interview. Friendly and funny interviewers. Just relax yourself and have a nice conversation with the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    Ask for referral. This is really important to get an interview or even job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University in April 2012.

Phone screen to see if I was a good fit and full day visit. For the full day visit I was introduced to staff, I gave a presentation of usability analysis of the website, then a group of them sat at a table and took turns asking me questions. They took me to lunch. Typical general interview questions (tell us about a time you failed, tell us about your work ethic) plus technical questions (explain MVC) and questions about what web technologies I knew. (PHP, Json, Jquery, Linux). I was asked to send examples of my code to them afterwards.

Compliance Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Purdue University in October 2011.

Showed up the night before the Interview and stayed at the University hotel (very nice) and the interview started at 8am the next day. The Interview lasted until 4pm and I met/interviewed with 6 different groups of people, students, faculty, administrators, etc. The interview went well with the exception of lack of experience for the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to ________ situation. (Having nothing to do with the position)   View Answer

ITaP Support Desk Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Purdue University in September 2011.

Basic IT questions. Know about Windows OS, Office, and IP stack and OSI model if you're going for NOSC.

Interview Questions
    • Just relax. You should already know if you're capable of being an entry level IT worker.   Answer Question