Purdue University Research Assistance Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online for the REU through the NSF website. A few weeks later, I received an email asking to arrange the phone conversation. The program director told me more about the program and answered my questions. I think she decided to take me before the phone call. Then she arranged a call between me and my PIs where we discussed our mutual research interests.

Other Interview Reviews for Purdue University

Research Assistant Interview

My advisor and I were firstly communicating by emails. He asked me a few questions about my background. Later, he offered me an face to face interview and we had a breakfast together. He offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question is that "do you have a girlfriend or wife"   Answer Question

Research Assistance Interview

phone called, and then asked for interest for PhD. Decide to go with PhD and get funding for RAship and TAship all those goof stuffs. Interview is not hard, checked what my interest was and asked if want to work together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Purdue University in May 2011.

This position did not require any interviewing. Applicants were required to submit academic transcripts, a resume with cover letter and a personal statement expressing background, qualifications and professional ambition.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult encounter was with trying to decide which research group to work for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Purdue University in May 2010.

Spoke with my professor on May, 2007. Questions were regarding my background, GPA and what I look forward in renewable energy research.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about working on a project outside Electrical Engineering? For example projects closer to material science.   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Purdue University in January 2008.

talk around with people in the department. easy questions

Interview Questions

Worked for Purdue University? Contribute to the Community!