Purdue University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lafayette, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Purdue University in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen to see if I was a good fit and full day visit. For the full day visit I was introduced to staff, I gave a presentation of usability analysis of the website, then a group of them sat at a table and took turns asking me questions. They took me to lunch. Typical general interview questions (tell us about a time you failed, tell us about your work ethic) plus technical questions (explain MVC) and questions about what web technologies I knew. (PHP, Json, Jquery, Linux). I was asked to send examples of my code to them afterwards.

Interview Question – Explain MVC (in terms of Joomla)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Purdue University in January 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with apple and was asked two questions one on API testing and other on implementing a stack in C++. I also interviewed with Intel and was asked a question on deadlock and another on OS interrupts.

Interview Questions

• how will you check for address of a function call given a memory dump?   Answer Question
  • Give all possible combinations of inputs for a function, for which it would give errors?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Purdue University

Worked for Purdue University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Purdue University Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Purdue University employees and interview candidates.