Pure Storage Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

3.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

First online test, one telephonic, onsite interviews. Got rejected even after answering the questions in the onsite interview. They asked to optimise it further and try different answers. Gave me 1 hint at one time. Still got rejected without even telling whats the reason. Really dejected.

Interview Questions

• NDA, please prepare on trees, linked list, concurrency, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pure Storage

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

1-hour test on some programming website then on-site interview. There was no phone screen. The test consists of a set of questions that covers computer science fundamentals. Do the practice tests before you start the real one. They make you sign NDA before proceeding to the onsite interview.

One of the interviewers was very helpful in helping me solve the problem as well as answering questions related to the business. The other interviewer was young and nice but had a very condescending tone.

It looks like they want to find people who have very good understanding of synchronization problems and have experience in solving those type of problems.

Interview Questions

• Synchronization question similar to questions posted here   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pure Storage (Buffalo, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I have applied online and i have got a online coding test... it contains 8 questions for 1 hour... 5 are multiple choice questions and 3 are pure coding questions... LCA and version of inorder tree traversal,memory leaks

Negotiation

above bkjbkj bkjbk kjbkbmn

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pure Storage in May 2015.

Interview

I received a mail for online test. Then process is very quick and so be prepared before you are scheduled for interview. If its an intern also questions are difficult.

Interview Questions

• It is all on c programming so u need to know everything   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pure Storage in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took the online assessment. 2 coding questions, and 10 multiple choice. I'd suggest taking the sample test using their online assessment tool to familiarize yourself with the environment before taking the actual assessment.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pure Storage in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the software engineer internship. And they send me a 1-hour online assessment first. The OA is not that hard. Most of the questions are fundamental concepts and theories related to computer science, and there are only two bug-fix problems, no pure coding questions. The phone interview has only one question, and is not that hard too.

Interview Questions

• Happy number, how to check if a given number is happy number and prove your solution   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pure Storage in March 2015.

Interview

This is my first round phone interview from pure storage after on campus.
    The interviewer gave me an C++ code segment and told me to discuss it with him in the 2 days. All the questions are about low level staff, such as C++ class memory layout, the functionality of virtual pointer and virtual table. And how compiler to compile and run those code segment. For more details, for example, what if we do not use virtual pointer when compile inheritance class. What if we swap the datamembers in base class and sub-classes.
    The interviewer is nice to give you some hints and it is not hard to communicate with.

Interview Questions

• what if we do not use virtual pointer when compile inheritance class. What if we swap the datamembers in base class and sub-classes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

Receive a online test about 1 hour. There are two coding questions and several multiple choices questions. All the questions are easy questions about fundamental knowledge of Computer Science. But if you don't learn all the fundamental courses of CS but only know some programming knowledge, you won't succeed in the online test.

Interview Questions

• which number can be represented as two decimal?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

It's on-campus Interview. The interviewer led the problem solving process step by step. Once you solve one sub problem, he moved on to a more complicated one. He also gave hints if you got stuck. The overall interviewing process was enjoyable. However I didn't get the final solution right. I heard that some of my peers were invited to a dinner with the team at the same day after the interview. It might be an informal interview as well.

Interview Questions

• How to implement mutex using spinlocks and flags.   1 Answer

Software Engineer () Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

I applied at a job fair, then had an on campus interview the next day. After a few days I heard back inviting me to fly in to their main office to interview on site. The experience was very fun, we were given free meals while we were there as well as being shown around the offices, which was very fun. The intent was obviously to wow us with the company work atmosphere and amenities - and they succeeded. We had technical interviews as well as some more activities, and were given more free stuff.

Interview Questions

• I was asked two questions, one I take to be a pretty famous interview question, and one that I have not since heard of. The interviewers were very nice and gave good hints to help them along, but the questions were very difficult.   Answer Question