Purity Cosmetics Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2015

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview was really fast and really easy, it only took about five minutes. All she pretty much did was tell me the job requirements, ask me what my schedule looks like, and asked if I had any prior job experience. I pretty much got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability and how many hours a week can you work?   Answer Question

Pure Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had two interviews with this company and both were pretty bad. The first interview was for a Pure Brand Ambassador. I was sent a email which happened to be group inviting us all for a interview. So, whoever was sent this email and replied was able to see the conversations. That should of been a red flag #1. When trying to get to the interview I could not find the location. It turns out whoever sent me the information gave us all the wrong address! How do you not know where you work?! The only reason I found the building is because it had a sign outside. I got to the door and it was locked. I was pretty confused. The front desk had no one and it looked like a empty building. About 10 mins later someone came and opened up the door. I was brought into a group interview with 4 other candidates. The girls who interviewed us dressed like twins and were pretty young. The interview was not professional. They set out a couple products and asked us to sell it to them. I was contacted for a 2nd interview but the pay was lower then what I was already making.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Purity Cosmetics.

Interview

The interview was one on one with the Store Director and in it we went over my experience and the history and future plans of the company. The meeting was one interview as time was of the essence.'I am actually very lucky to have contacted at the time that I did because the recruiter was almost finished interviewing and flying home.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions involved my experience with retail, as well as management and coaching experience. Then we did some role play scenarios as far as selling techniques. We went in depth with my history in the makeup and skincare industry, and what i like to do in my spare time.   1 Answer

Feb 8, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your interview experience! Glad to have you onboard!!

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Purity Cosmetics.

Interview

I applied for this position and was contacted by the HR representative who requested my phone interview availability. After I responded with availability for the next two days, a response came on the afternoon of the second day that said the HR representative would call on the third day at 10:30. The HR representative never called and has not made any attempt of explain why she never called for the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• I found the choice to not call for the scheduled phone interview be very unexpected and very unprofessional. However, this behavior is in line with other reviews about the behavior of this company.   Answer Question

Jan 27, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for writing in about your interview experience at 100% Pure. I want to apologize for the lack of followup from the hiring manager. We are creating new hiring procedures that will ... More

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Purity Cosmetics in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called in by the DM. I did a very short interview and was practically offered the job on the spot which was surprising considering it typically takes a long process. The entire process consisted of typical questions ... What was your previous experience? Can you sell me this product? And within a few questions she asks if I could start on a specific date.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone and in person interview. Spoke with the owner during phone interview, she flat out asked me how much I wanted to get paid. I gave her a #, and she said she'd be in touch. Was emailed later that evening to come in for an in person. I went in the following Tuesday and interviewed with the brand ambassador manager, the ceo, and was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Purity Cosmetics.

Interview

they contact you though email to get an interview. then you hardly see the owners and your thrown in to a working environment with immediate in the job training when you get the job.

Interview Questions

• what would you like your nick name to be if you were required to get one upon employment to the company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was brought in for an in-person interview, no phone screen. When I arrived, I was greeted by dogs and an employee who brought me to a room. The interviewers then came in and asked me several questions. They talked about whether it would be a good decision to hire me while I was still in the room - making comments and judgements.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Purity Cosmetics in May 2013.

Interview

They send regular unqualified and unprofessional employees to interview candidates. Ask you ridiculous questions that are completely irrelevant to the position and or company. They read from a list of random questions they printed off the internet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unprofessional and unqualified interviewers.

Dec 21, 2014 – CEO

A appreciate you sharing your interview experience. Many of our questions are culture based and not position or company related. I believe that you can train someone on learning procedures and ... More

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I found the job posting on Craiglist. The posting sounded nice and all my correspondance via email were friendly. However, the in-person interview was the most unprofessional and disorganized interview I have ever experienced. When I walked into the office, dogs jumped up on me. You would think that they keep the dogs leashed or in a room when visitors come. The dogs were all over the place. There was one that angrily growled at me, and an employee had rushed out to apologize and say that the dog was a rescue and to not pet him. The interview was very casual. First, a young lady came out to interview me. My interview with her was nice. Then I had an interview with the managers. This was the unprofessional part. It was invasive and I felt like they thought I was unintelligent. It makes me wonder if they talked to all the personal assistant candidates like that.