Purpose Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Updated Jun 18, 2014
4 interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Purpose in April 2012.

The initial application consisted of three short essays aimed at both determining writing capability and passion for solving world problems in addition to a resume and cover letter submission. They got back to me within a few weeks and told me I made it to the interview rounds. I had an hour long Skype interview asking both fit questions and some informal case questions. At the end of the interview I was told I might need to have one more interview in the coming days and that a decision would be made in one week. However, I received an offer letter three hours later and gladly accepted the offer.

The interview was not overly formal and I felt very comfortable throughout the entire interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you had unlimited resources how would you solve partisanship in political parties?   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Initial phone screening followed by written exercise and follow-up interview

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer repeated the same question several times, unable to effectively articulate point of the question.   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Purpose.

Absolutely terrible experience. Had seven interviews over the course of six months. Was told twice that positions had been filled internally, and then called a few weeks later for a similar job.

Interview Questions
    • None - the questions all were interesting and topical.   Answer Question

They offered me a freelance position when I was looking for full time.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Purpose.

Quite a lengthy process, expect a couple of interviews, tests, etc. They might get a while to get back to you until you receive an answer. They take their time in hiring people. Expect a process to go through!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Purpose

Worked for Purpose? Contribute to the Community!