Putnam Investments

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

Dealer Marketing Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Putnam Investments.

This interview was for the entry level position for internal wholesales. I applied online and then recieved an email a day later. The interview process consisted of 6 separate interviews all a half an hour long with each regional manager of the internal team. Essentially ask the same question over and over again. Ask me to define what a mutual fund is to a Joe Shmoe m

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Putnam Investments in November 2014.

Received a phone call to set up an interview. Went into MA offices two weeks later. Interview lasted 4 hours and consisted of interviewing with 5 managers and one phone observation.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about mutual funds and Putnam as a whole   Answer Question

Technical Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Putnam Investments in November 2014.

After submitting my resume at a career fair, I was contacted for an on-campus interview within a week. This turned into a skype interview due to convenience. This first interview was purely a fit interview, talking about company culture, asking about my experiences and skills. The interviewer indicated that I would probably be moving on to the next round, which was confirmed by an email from Putnam within a week. I was invited to Boston for 4 interviews over the course of 3 hours. All 4 were fit interviews. One interviewer was an HR honcho, the other three were coders. One was really quiet, one was a very friendly woman, and the last was a no-nonsense, get-it-done kind of friendly. This last interviewer asked a couple of technical questions, but they weren't particularly difficult. See below. About three weeks later, I received my final answer.

Vice President, Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Putnam Investments.

Worked with HR and had a half day interview with a number of investment folks. The initial HR interview was over the phone. I was then brought in to meet with 3 members of the team. A positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinairy. General markt and macro knowledge.   Answer Question

Participant Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Putnam Investments.

I applied to another job within Putnam and was contacted back saying I was a better fit for the 401k division Participant Service Representative. Had a phone interview that seemed to go really well and then was called in for an interview at their Andover Office. It started off with a test that caught me off guard. they had warned me about the test but I didn't expect it to be timed and as difficult as it was. I recommend going over basic formulas for finding averages and calculating different loan and percentage type questions. The interview with the recruiter went well. Then I had an interview with the two managers. One of them was very nice easy to talk to and all that but the other one was not as easy to talk to. They walked me out giving me a tour of the office space.

Interview Questions
    • What is the series 7 and series 63? Know exactly what they are.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst - Fixed Income Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Putnam Investments.

2 months long. First talked to a portfolio manager, then on site interview with all team members, then phone screen with the cohead of the group. not very much technical questions. but the cohead did ask some. most ppl just asked me to talk abt previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • No reli any. One the leader asked me how would i estimate GDP.   Answer Question

Investor Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Putnam Investments in July 2014.

I got an email a day or two after I applied, requesting to schedule a phone interview, which was with an HR rep and I was asked about my work history and education/degree. At the end, she asked me to come in for an interview. At the interview, I had to fill out their application (be sure to bring references and prior job info). Then I had to do two online assessments, one math/analytical thinking and one about personality. Next was an interview with another HR rep. Then I was taken to sit next to someone with the position to listen and observe for awhile, followed by an interview with two supervisors. The atmosphere was professional and the people seemed nice. The hardest part was the last interview, which had a lot of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you encountered exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was told the salary during the phone interview

Investor Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Putnam Investments in June 2014.

Applied to Putnam in June 2014 online. Within one week I heard back to schedule and interview. The interview lasted about 20 to 30 minutes and was a general phone interview. Behavioral questions and other typical interview questions were asked. The HR representative was friendly and very easy going.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult customer service experience?   Answer Question

Wasn't what I was looking for but was grateful for further interview experience.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Putnam Investments.

I applied online. I was contacted by an HR rep for a phone interview. Then they invited me to come in for an interview. Upon arrival, I took a test which consisted of math and critical thinking questions. Then a basic behavioral test. After, I met with a Senior HR rep in her office. Then I was taken down to meet and sit with a current employee who was in the position I was interviewing for. After, I had a closing interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioural questions. Asked about Putnam and why I wanted to work there. Talked a lot about past experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, even though I had another offer for more money.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Putnam Investments in March 2014.

Entered Lobby, filled out paperwork, took an hour long test, interviewed with HR manager, was sent down to the call center, sat in on a few calls, had a group interview. Process took 3.5 hours. Said they would contact me after a few weeks. I followed up, no response. They contacted me 3.5 weeks after the interview to tell me I did not qualify.

Interview Questions
    • Name a stressful situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question