PwC

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Interview

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details – Good

Interview Question – What do you do for a living?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Accounting firms have a steady supply of qualified candidates.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – Employee contacted me and I sent my resume including my college transcripts. Phone interview followed. Basic questions about the company. The interviewer gave more of a description about the job. Was called in for a 1 on 1 interview after. Met with a few managers.

Interview Question – Describe a problem you faced and how did you sollve it?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Interview Details – Overall, the experience you get with PwC is going to be very professional, which reflects upon their culture. Nice people, but not particularly warm. I interned there over the summer, and did not enjoy my engagement team. I am actually very torn between Deloitte and PwC as one has better culture and the later has a larger client base in New York (and the Mid town location is not bad either)
They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current economic trends just to see if you have been keeping up. Comparing to other firms, their interview questions focused less on the behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What do you think caused today's economic meltdown? Do you think stricter regulation will prevent that?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details – 4 interviews

Interview Question – Resume review   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – They interviewed me and called me back the next day and didnt have the job.

Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online on the pricewatercoopers website. Applying online was relately easy. I received a phone call a couples of days later indicating that I selected for an interview. I than went for the interview on the selected day. The questions asked were easy to answer. The first part consisted of questions about myself for example what type of personlity didi I think I had .. The seconfd part consisted of situation related questions were I was asked wheather I had dealt with certain situations and how i dealt with them using for example leadership skills.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult client or collegue   Answer Question

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details – not very pleasant. the interviewer is not friendly at all.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in August 2008.

Interview Details – Position was offered through referal.

Interview Question – Why do you want to transfer to our office>   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pretty quick due to referral

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview Details – Firstly a phone interview which was easily passed.
Secondly group interviews to test your people skills, also easily passed
thridly numerical/verbal reasoning tests online which were relativly strait forward maths and reading comprihension.
Lastly was a one to tone interview with a manager which was somewhat less organised and structed than other areas of employment allowing candidates to speak freely about a range of issues.

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple. I applied through my college website, and was contacted the following week. I went on a 1:1 interview on my campus, and was called back for a second round. It was very low-key and not intimidating. The second round was held in the NYC HQ office, which consisted of a panel discussion and 3 1:1 interviews. Initially 2 weeks later I was told I hadn't received the position. However, 2 months later they contacted me with the possibility of taking on the position.

Interview Question – How would you explain accounting to a 4 year old?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Accountant interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.