PwC

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – At first there was a phone interview in which i was asked basic personality questions. Then on the 1:1 interview, i was presented with detailed math and analytical questions and i had to answer those correctly. with the group interview i got to meet other candidates and prepare a presentation.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – Employee contacted me and I sent my resume including my college transcripts. Phone interview followed. Basic questions about the company. The interviewer gave more of a description about the job. Was called in for a 1 on 1 interview after. Met with a few managers.

Interview Question – Describe a problem you faced and how did you sollve it?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Interview Details – Overall, the experience you get with PwC is going to be very professional, which reflects upon their culture. Nice people, but not particularly warm. I interned there over the summer, and did not enjoy my engagement team. I am actually very torn between Deloitte and PwC as one has better culture and the later has a larger client base in New York (and the Mid town location is not bad either)
They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current economic trends just to see if you have been keeping up. Comparing to other firms, their interview questions focused less on the behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What do you think caused today's economic meltdown? Do you think stricter regulation will prevent that?   Answer Question

Accountant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in July 2009.

Interview Details – I felt the interview process was very unfair. I wasn't given the opportunity to discuss my experience and suitability for the role in any great detail. The interviewer had made up his mind early in the interview that I wasn't going to be hired and I don't think I could have done anything to change his mind.

Interview Question – What unique skills would you bring?   Answer Question

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview Details – Firstly a phone interview which was easily passed.
Secondly group interviews to test your people skills, also easily passed
thridly numerical/verbal reasoning tests online which were relativly strait forward maths and reading comprihension.
Lastly was a one to tone interview with a manager which was somewhat less organised and structed than other areas of employment allowing candidates to speak freely about a range of issues.

Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details – 4 interviews

Interview Question – Resume review   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2008.

Interview Details – Quick process in my experience. People were likeable and generally an accurate reflection of the actual culture of the firm. Had two rounds. First was an ice-breaker cultural fit interview with a manager. Second was an assessment centre comprising numerical, logic and verbal tests, group exercise and partner interview. Partner interview involved going through a case study and was quite tough.

Interview Question – Why chosen company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much to speak of in the negotiation phase.

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details – not very pleasant. the interviewer is not friendly at all.

Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online on the pricewatercoopers website. Applying online was relately easy. I received a phone call a couples of days later indicating that I selected for an interview. I than went for the interview on the selected day. The questions asked were easy to answer. The first part consisted of questions about myself for example what type of personlity didi I think I had .. The seconfd part consisted of situation related questions were I was asked wheather I had dealt with certain situations and how i dealt with them using for example leadership skills.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult client or collegue   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – They interviewed me and called me back the next day and didnt have the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!