PwC Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.1

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview

At first there was a phone interview in which i was asked basic personality questions. Then on the 1:1 interview, i was presented with detailed math and analytical questions and i had to answer those correctly. with the group interview i got to meet other candidates and prepare a presentation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Employee contacted me and I sent my resume including my college transcripts. Phone interview followed. Basic questions about the company. The interviewer gave more of a description about the job. Was called in for a 1 on 1 interview after. Met with a few managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced and how did you sollve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

Overall, the experience you get with PwC is going to be very professional, which reflects upon their culture. Nice people, but not particularly warm. I interned there over the summer, and did not enjoy my engagement team. I am actually very torn between Deloitte and PwC as one has better culture and the later has a larger client base in New York (and the Mid town location is not bad either) They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current economic trends just to see if you have been keeping up. Comparing to other firms, their interview questions focused less on the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think caused today's economic meltdown? Do you think stricter regulation will prevent that?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC in July 2009.

Interview

I felt the interview process was very unfair. I wasn't given the opportunity to discuss my experience and suitability for the role in any great detail. The interviewer had made up his mind early in the interview that I wasn't going to be hired and I don't think I could have done anything to change his mind.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2008.

Interview

Quick process in my experience. People were likeable and generally an accurate reflection of the actual culture of the firm. Had two rounds. First was an ice-breaker cultural fit interview with a manager. Second was an assessment centre comprising numerical, logic and verbal tests, group exercise and partner interview. Partner interview involved going through a case study and was quite tough.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to speak of in the negotiation phase.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview

I applied online on the pricewatercoopers website. Applying online was relately easy. I received a phone call a couples of days later indicating that I selected for an interview. I than went for the interview on the selected day. The questions asked were easy to answer. The first part consisted of questions about myself for example what type of personlity didi I think I had .. The seconfd part consisted of situation related questions were I was asked wheather I had dealt with certain situations and how i dealt with them using for example leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult client or collegue   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview

not very pleasant. the interviewer is not friendly at all.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview

4 interviews

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview

Firstly a phone interview which was easily passed. Secondly group interviews to test your people skills, also easily passed thridly numerical/verbal reasoning tests online which were relativly strait forward maths and reading comprihension. Lastly was a one to tone interview with a manager which was somewhat less organised and structed than other areas of employment allowing candidates to speak freely about a range of issues.

Interview Questions

• How to improve the corporate image of the company   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview

They interviewed me and called me back the next day and didnt have the job.