PwC

Updated May 19, 2014

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – I got an interview through a recruiter. the interview was scheduled to meet with three people. most of the interview questions are very general such as going through my working experience, why accounting, why our comany and etc.

Interview Question – They gave me one situation question about how will you deal with dead line and how you prioritize.   View Answer

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple. I applied through my college website, and was contacted the following week. I went on a 1:1 interview on my campus, and was called back for a second round. It was very low-key and not intimidating. The second round was held in the NYC HQ office, which consisted of a panel discussion and 3 1:1 interviews. Initially 2 weeks later I was told I hadn't received the position. However, 2 months later they contacted me with the possibility of taking on the position.

Interview Question – How would you explain accounting to a 4 year old?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in August 2008.

Interview Details – Position was offered through referal.

Interview Question – Why do you want to transfer to our office>   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pretty quick due to referral

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details – Good

Interview Question – What do you do for a living?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Accounting firms have a steady supply of qualified candidates.

Accounting

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2008.

Interview Details – Quick process in my experience. People were likeable and generally an accurate reflection of the actual culture of the firm. Had two rounds. First was an ice-breaker cultural fit interview with a manager. Second was an assessment centre comprising numerical, logic and verbal tests, group exercise and partner interview. Partner interview involved going through a case study and was quite tough.

Interview Question – Why chosen company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much to speak of in the negotiation phase.

Accounting

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – They interviewed me and called me back the next day and didnt have the job.

Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online on the pricewatercoopers website. Applying online was relately easy. I received a phone call a couples of days later indicating that I selected for an interview. I than went for the interview on the selected day. The questions asked were easy to answer. The first part consisted of questions about myself for example what type of personlity didi I think I had .. The seconfd part consisted of situation related questions were I was asked wheather I had dealt with certain situations and how i dealt with them using for example leadership skills.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult client or collegue   Answer Question

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview Details – Firstly a phone interview which was easily passed.
Secondly group interviews to test your people skills, also easily passed
thridly numerical/verbal reasoning tests online which were relativly strait forward maths and reading comprihension.
Lastly was a one to tone interview with a manager which was somewhat less organised and structed than other areas of employment allowing candidates to speak freely about a range of issues.

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details – not very pleasant. the interviewer is not friendly at all.

Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details – 4 interviews

Interview Question – Resume review   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!