PwC

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple. I applied through my college website, and was contacted the following week. I went on a 1:1 interview on my campus, and was called back for a second round. It was very low-key and not intimidating. The second round was held in the NYC HQ office, which consisted of a panel discussion and 3 1:1 interviews. Initially 2 weeks later I was told I hadn't received the position. However, 2 months later they contacted me with the possibility of taking on the position.

Interview Question – How would you explain accounting to a 4 year old?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – At first there was a phone interview in which i was asked basic personality questions. Then on the 1:1 interview, i was presented with detailed math and analytical questions and i had to answer those correctly. with the group interview i got to meet other candidates and prepare a presentation.

Interview Questions

Accountant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in July 2009.

Interview Details – I felt the interview process was very unfair. I wasn't given the opportunity to discuss my experience and suitability for the role in any great detail. The interviewer had made up his mind early in the interview that I wasn't going to be hired and I don't think I could have done anything to change his mind.

Interview Question – What unique skills would you bring?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2008.

Interview Details – Quick process in my experience. People were likeable and generally an accurate reflection of the actual culture of the firm. Had two rounds. First was an ice-breaker cultural fit interview with a manager. Second was an assessment centre comprising numerical, logic and verbal tests, group exercise and partner interview. Partner interview involved going through a case study and was quite tough.

Interview Question – Why chosen company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much to speak of in the negotiation phase.