PwC Accounting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.1

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

Two people from the firm interviewed me, they were both very laid back and incredibly nice. After that I was selected for in office interviews. I have not yet had my in office interview but I am very excited because it sounds like a great place to work for.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to deal with a conflict at work and how it was resolved   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Accountant Interview

Interview

I got an interview through a recruiter. the interview was scheduled to meet with three people. most of the interview questions are very general such as going through my working experience, why accounting, why our comany and etc.

Interview Questions

• They gave me one situation question about how will you deal with dead line and how you prioritize.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxemburg, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Luxemburg, WI) in November 2012.

Interview

Candidate has to take a written test first. If you pass the written test, you will be invited to an assessment center in which you will be assessed in group discussion and presentation. Finally, you will be invited to partner interview if you succeed in the first two rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Good

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Accounting firms have a steady supply of qualified candidates.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Employee contacted me and I sent my resume including my college transcripts. Phone interview followed. Basic questions about the company. The interviewer gave more of a description about the job. Was called in for a 1 on 1 interview after. Met with a few managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced and how did you sollve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

Overall, the experience you get with PwC is going to be very professional, which reflects upon their culture. Nice people, but not particularly warm. I interned there over the summer, and did not enjoy my engagement team. I am actually very torn between Deloitte and PwC as one has better culture and the later has a larger client base in New York (and the Mid town location is not bad either) They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current economic trends just to see if you have been keeping up. Comparing to other firms, their interview questions focused less on the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think caused today's economic meltdown? Do you think stricter regulation will prevent that?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

30 Minute one-on-one interview with a senior manager. They asked questions related to many of qualifications on my resume. It also required a significant amount of time of pre-interview/application networking. You must go to every networking event.

Interview Questions

• Why accounting? Why PwC? Tell me a time when ... communication/leadership/team work type stories.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview

They interviewed me and called me back the next day and didnt have the job.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview

I applied online on the pricewatercoopers website. Applying online was relately easy. I received a phone call a couples of days later indicating that I selected for an interview. I than went for the interview on the selected day. The questions asked were easy to answer. The first part consisted of questions about myself for example what type of personlity didi I think I had .. The seconfd part consisted of situation related questions were I was asked wheather I had dealt with certain situations and how i dealt with them using for example leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult client or collegue   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview

Firstly a phone interview which was easily passed. Secondly group interviews to test your people skills, also easily passed thridly numerical/verbal reasoning tests online which were relativly strait forward maths and reading comprihension. Lastly was a one to tone interview with a manager which was somewhat less organised and structed than other areas of employment allowing candidates to speak freely about a range of issues.

Interview Questions

• How to improve the corporate image of the company   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer